VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+32
Space Truckin
gfleduc
dutchman101
sweetvan
retrogeek
SteelyVan
OutofSight
divisionbrewing
66BC
GMman
whalemstr
uncle ron
richie61
busman78
kaz
BILLS66
jrdunn96
Zuffen
Seth G
Denton
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
savage
samsvan
Russell
Vantasia
VANagain
vanny
JackeFriend
uante
Digz
Big W
donivan65
36 posters

GMC Jacke's van

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Empty Re: GMC Jacke's van

Post by vanny Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:17 pm

He's a good egg! I'm happy to see that Vanning and Vanners are chipping in and lending a helping hand in trying to keep these gems on the road! cheers

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:43 pm

vanny wrote:He's a good egg! I'm happy to see that Vanning and Vanners are chipping in and lending a helping hand in trying to keep these gems on the road!  cheers

Yes, I have good Vanners here for sure. cheers I worked on the cosmetic needs today.
    I dropped off my belly pan, fins and front & rear sway bars to get powder coated. I think that about is it for the big stuff.
    Once the tunnel is completed, I should be good to drive a bit cooler. The 350 should do better with a little breeze hitting it. We will see for sure very soon.
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Here’s a cool shot of the sunset mural in the back of Jacke’s van. This was taken at the El Cajon Cruise, just after they notified her she was winning a trophy!

Hmm, ya know, Jacke, most vans put their murals on the outside! 🙂

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Bee66a10
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:36 pm

[quote="JackeFriend"]GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Air_tu10
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Air_tu11

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Finish10
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Instru10
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Wiring10

Finished the tunnel. It brought the temp down by 30 degrees, running much cooler, Thanks to Rich I also found that the volt gauge is haywire, Replacement and indicator dash lights on the way. I like the way it came out with the carpet, makes it look like it was always there. bounce
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:36 am

Nice when a plan comes together! Congrats Jacke and Rich! Good teamwork!!! Twisted Evil

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:13 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Gold_s10

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Powder10

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Sway_b10
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Closeu10

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Steel_10
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Steel_11
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Doghou10

Started the sway bar installation with my new gold powder coated 1st gen front sway bar. Rich was great to work it out...he was sweating like a swami. He had to make shift some fender clips to bolt the clamps up into inside the frame. The cross member addition made it very close he had to cut away some steel to make room.
    Next the new powder coated black Belly pan and fins. Here is the fin just unwrapped.
    Next week I drive over to Rich for a change! He has been having to visit gravel land too often since my surgery. I re-insulated the Doghouse lid added some exhaust wrap around the areas that touch my leg for extra protection under the heat shield. Put on a new Steel Rubber gasket. They are cut to fit the edge of the lid with grip.
    Now I am doing better and the van is doing much better. Off I go into the future  Arrow
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Jacke’s van had the holes in the frame for the sway bar brackets but they didn’t have any threads in them. Check out this method I came up with! There are fancier ways to do it. Don did his clever bent threaded rod trick to attach the 2nd Gen radiator support but we didn’t have a lot to work with at Jacke’s place. This contraption just fit into the 3/4” hole in the frame, and reached over the bolts Don had added. It took a little finagling to get one or two of the bolts started but it worked out fine!

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 F4f08210
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 D28c9210
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:39 am

And now we have yet another way to get the job done! Way to use your noggin, Rich! That should help Jacke go straight down the road and stay cool in the process!

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Final_10
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Droppe10

So the Belly pan is in place. Dropped it down 2.5" to gain more air flow. Now along with the new tunnel and the drop to scoop extra air, my temperature is running at a nice 180. Thanks to all the
    hard work Rich did I was able to drive without a heat problem. I saw a couple vans at the show that had dropped their belly pans, and had good results. Rich and I used our heads to do a nice fit and finish. Trimmed out in black to match the powder coat color. The sway bar is in place and I am glad to not be swaying as I corner at 60 MPH!! LOL affraid
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:45 am

That looks Fantastic!!! Nice teamwork and I'm happy to hear that your Hot Flashes are under control! lol! Nice to see you've also got that "burger fan" in place to keep the air circulating around the doghouse!

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:20 am

vanny wrote:That looks Fantastic!!! Nice teamwork and I'm happy to hear that your Hot Flashes are under control!  lol!  Nice to see you've also got that "burger fan" in place to keep the air circulating around the doghouse!

Yes indeed, the burger fan, the tunnel, the scooped front pan... finally the old girl has cooled down Smile

The drive is better because I can relax and not worry about overheating my engine.

I can drive cooler because the exhaust wrap I put inside the edge around the lid, has helped keep the radiant heat from the engine down to just warm.

The van is nearly finished! Just need the new shocks and rear sway bar put on. Cool
    samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Post by samsvan Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:27 am

Holy McGyver on the sway bar mounting! I have to ask though, it looks like the way you got them in the frame made the threaded part of the nuts point down. I don't know how much stress will be put on the attachment points but I'm sure you don't want anything coming loose down there.
    I dropped the front of my belly pan like you did. Since my front end is lower, I only shimmed mine down about an inch so I wouldn't scrape it off. I'm glad to hear your tunnel and new fan have gotten you rolling with confidence!
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:53 pm

samsvan wrote:Holy McGyver on the sway bar mounting! I have to ask though, it looks like the way you got them in the frame made the threaded part of the nuts point down. I don't know how much stress will be put on the attachment points but I'm sure you don't want anything coming loose down there.
    I dropped the front of my belly pan like you did. Since my front end is lower, I only shimmed mine down about an inch so I wouldn't scrape it off. I'm glad to hear your tunnel and new fan have gotten you rolling with confidence!

Yes the sway bar was a challenge to install.
    The fender nuts are facing correctly just not slipped over a lip. So they are just sitting inside the frame so the bolts will hold onto something! Although the fender nut is not as strong as the #8 bolt.

But I drive her easy, Rich and Don have both had to do an improvisational creation on attaching to my frame. It is a second gen pan for a start. Second gen cross member to hold the second gen cross flow radiator in a first gen van.
    So Don said it wasn't a first gen or second gen... maybe a 1-1/2 gen. LOL Basketball
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Jackie your van is looking great ! How are you doing ? Bill
    dutchman101
    dutchman101

Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2013-07-14

Post by dutchman101 Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Jackie its way past the time that I should have told you how impressed I am with your build but life gets in the way so now I am tellin ya wow great job cheers cheers
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:38 am

BILLS66 wrote:Jackie your van is looking great ! How are you doing ? Bill

Hi Bill,

How have you been doing? I have been getting stronger. I got my cholesterol down to a total for both of 78. So my heart wont be building up any more plaque. I went through cardiac rehab for a few weeks to get stamina up.
    I am enjoying my new found life! The van is almost completed... "that is what they all say"
    Laughing
    Thanks for thinking of me. It means a lot Very Happy
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:44 am

dutchman101 wrote:Jackie its way past the time that I should have told you how impressed I am with your build but life gets in the way so now I am tellin ya wow great job cheers cheers

HI,
    Well thank you for the koodoos. I have worked very hard to get the van to were it is today. I have had a lot of help from the vanner's in my area too. I could not do it alone, for sure. Being one of the only women driving around is fun. I may be the only one? But, I drive that three on the tree
    like I know what I am doing! Thanks again!
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Got the new Monroe shocks put on.... really needed shocks! Rides much better. Smile
    Next gotta finish the rear sway bar installation. I have been reviewing Don's thread. I am doing the exact same thing as he has done and I hope it is as easy as he makes it look! I will see what I can get accomplished this week. The weather is really nice... sunny
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:20 pm

Jackie I'm doing well.Keep up the good work and enjoy cruising that nice van !
    Bill
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:31 pm

BILLS66 wrote:Jackie I'm doing well.Keep up the good work and enjoy cruising that nice van !
    Bill
    Glad to hear you are doing well. I have been driving around trying to get some time behind the wheel , the weather is really nice about 84 today. I drove to the beach and the lake near me this week! Everyone was working when I went to the beach today. and there was quiet and the smell of the salt air! Perfect cheers Hope you too get some drive time before winter hits. Evil or Very Mad
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:40 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Van_in10

Now... where did I park?? Oh there it is! I usually don't drive the van to do errands. But, today I did, and when I came out I looked for my regular CAR! LOl then I saw my beauty.

Getting older by the minute... forgetting what I am driving. Sad
    samsvan
    samsvan

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2014-09-04

Post by samsvan Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:22 pm

I'm happy to see that you're taking her out and about. At least it's a nice surprise when you forgot what you were driving!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Goldie's got a nice stance too!!! Twisted Evil

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:43 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 25 Street10

On my way! Having fun driving to the beach!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Nice pic...who took it??? scratch

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 pm