VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+32
Space Truckin
gfleduc
dutchman101
sweetvan
retrogeek
SteelyVan
OutofSight
divisionbrewing
66BC
GMman
whalemstr
uncle ron
richie61
busman78
kaz
BILLS66
jrdunn96
Zuffen
Seth G
Denton
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
savage
samsvan
Russell
Vantasia
VANagain
vanny
JackeFriend
uante
Digz
Big W
donivan65
36 posters

GMC Jacke's van

jrdunn96
    jrdunn96

Number of posts : 690
    Registration date : 2016-01-01

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Empty Re: GMC Jacke's van

Post by jrdunn96 Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 pm

I guess it was just me, I thought it looked kinda like a cow. Who is Burl, anyway? Laughing
    uncle ron
    uncle ron

Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2012-05-31

Post by uncle ron Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:33 pm

jrdunn96 wrote:I guess it was just me, I thought it looked kinda like a cow.  Who is Burl, anyway? Laughing
                Burl Wood  ......  Didn't he play lead guitar with the Oak Wood Boys .
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:00 am

Its kinda like a cloud form, depends on your minds eye... it sometimes resembles a frog as well. I just left it as it was naturally, I did not shape it. I just sanded a grip in the back.
    It also depends on what you may be indulging in to expand your mind. LOL
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:58 am

I will be going down to the paint shop for a final approval of the body work completion today!
    I am looking forward to getting this all done. I am tired of paint shop limbo...
    I believe I will find a few areas that still need some TLC, but hopefully nothing too major. But it has been two month's on the 13th so I will not expect anything noticeable... maybe to my eagle eye there might be few needs here and there... we will report our findings tomorrow  Laughing .
    I hope that I will have it back by Saturday? Rolling Eyes  He will paint tomorrow barring any repairs I might see needed... then pin stripe it next day Friday and it shouldn't be more than  a day later to complete which means Saturday pick up at noon!! bounce
    I have to begin getting those new pop out windows I bought installed as the old solid windows are removed now. I did receive my California Car cover more than a week ago, so I can cover it up in my outdoor tent.
    I bought the Ultraweave cover; Durable Woven Fabric,  Outdoor Usage,  Washer and Dryer Safe with a 5 Year Warranty. I got the optional antenna sleeve.
    I purchased an NOS original antenna which I may install in the near future. Not sure when I will get to that?
    I also have the new chrome "holy grail" ventshades to install on the front window doors. I drilled the holes prior to paint... to make it less hassle to do once it's all pretty. Next after window install is the interior in the back... insulation, wood, panels, ceiling, lights, sofa bed, table etc. etc. see you in a month!!
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:26 am

JackeFriend wrote:I will be going down to the paint shop for a final approval of the body work completion today!
    I am looking forward to getting this all done. I am tired of paint shop limbo...
    I believe I will find a few areas that still need some TLC, but hopefully nothing too major. But it has been two month's on the 13th so I will not expect anything noticeable... maybe to my eagle eye there might be few needs here and there... we will report our findings tomorrow  Laughing .
    I hope that I will have it back by Saturday? Rolling Eyes  He will paint tomorrow barring any repairs I might see needed... then pin stripe it next day Friday and it shouldn't be more than  a day later to complete which means Saturday pick up at noon!! bounce
    I have to begin getting those new pop out windows I bought installed as the old solid windows are removed now. I did receive my California Car cover more than a week ago, so I can cover it up in my outdoor tent.
    I bought the Ultraweave cover; Durable Woven Fabric,  Outdoor Usage,  Washer and Dryer Safe with a 5 Year Warranty. I got the optional antenna sleeve.
    I purchased an NOS original antenna which I may install in the near future. Not sure when I will get to that?
    I also have the new chrome "holy grail" ventshades to install on the front window doors. I drilled the holes prior to paint... to make it less hassle to do once it's all pretty. Next after window install is the interior in the back... insulation, wood, panels, ceiling, lights, sofa bed, table etc. etc. see you in a month!!

Tip: for the vent shades, go to home center and get stainless steel screws, little #6's. Also, instead of boogering up the body for a stock antenna if the hole is not already there, get a stick on powered one for inside the windshield, works great with AM or FM like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Auto-Electronic-Windshield-Radio-AM-FM-Hidden-Amplified-Antenna-Aerial-/391239832786?hash=item5b17b614d2:g:z7wAAOSwDNdV39v8&vxp=mtr cheap and they work, no drilling. I used car covers for many years on various classic cars outside, no problems even after rain, just let it dry out good or they get a mildew smell. And secure at the bottom with bungies in high wind, LOL
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:58 am

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Jacke_10
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Jacke_11
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Jacke_12
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Bwv410
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Bwv610
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Bwv710
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Jacke_13

So it looked good... just a few spots I found and he was aware that needed to be finished, then more primer and a final sanding... paint is happening I will have the van back this weekend! Very Happy cheers
    Hey Vanny flip my pictures please... I had them all correct but when I take pictures where I turn the phone to get a sideways shot it ends up sideways... Thank you Question Fixed! You're Welcome What a Face

Last edited by JackeFriend on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:13 am

Vantasia wrote:
    JackeFriend wrote:I will be going down to the paint shop for a final approval of the body work completion today!

Tip: for the vent shades, go to home center and get stainless steel screws, little #6's.  Also, instead of boogering up the body for a stock antenna if the hole is not already there, get a stick on powered one for inside the windshield, works great with AM or FM like this   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Auto-Electronic-Windshield-Radio-AM-FM-Hidden-Amplified-Antenna-Aerial-/391239832786?hash=item5b17b614d2:g:z7wAAOSwDNdV39v8&vxp=mtr   cheap and they work, no drilling.  I used car covers for many years on various classic cars outside, no problems even after rain, just let it dry out good or they get a mildew smell. And secure at the bottom with bungies in high wind, LOL
    Actually I want the original antenna. Which I purchased for much money. I do not really want to drill three big holes. I think I will make it a dummy antenna, jst for looks?? Not sure how... but I am sure there is a way!? I really don't want a radio or any permanent stereo equipment. I am totally going wireless blue tooth Bose Speakers, my sound will not be stolen from my van ever! LOL
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:54 am

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Cup_ho10

So, here is my artistic version of a Doghouse Center Cup holder for my pretty van. It is held on by large magnets. That way no holes needed in the Doghouse, which is powder coated, so glad I did not need to bolt it down. I can lift the doghouse up, it stays put! If I want I just lift it off with some muscle. I put a 95 lb pull magnet! A little over kill is a good thing when dealing with centrifugal force.
    I really like the different look for a center console! It holds a Venti starbuck's on the small side...LOL
    And a large travel mug on the left side. I hand carved the top with my little hands and sand paper.
    Had to do something to keep going! Looks kinda Hippie huh!! Like a Star @ heaven bounce
    GOOD CAUSE I AM A HIPPIE!! ROCK ON!!
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Looks like something Mr. Miagi would have in one of his vehicles! Very nice, Jacke-san!!!

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Female10

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:04 pm

lol!

You are too funny! I just wanted to create something unusual and useful. I hate it when my coffee go's North when I am going south.

I still have no van I suppose next week is the best week to get it picked up. Had to crack the details whip Mad as they had three fixes that were not to my liking at all!

I guess they hoped I would just over look those???? Nope, Jacke don't play that!
    So "Paint it again Joey" is the tune I sang!! I figure if you are really gonna try to get that past me... you can just eat that and re paint the area's. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

So next week we will finally see what and if they can actually complete the van properly. Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:44 pm

So, went down to the paint shop today. It seems everything is going smooth, the van is gonna be painted this afternoon, I think? So, by the weeks end I will have the van back in my hands. Maybe even sooner!! Getting paid is a great incentive to finish the job! Smile
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Very soon you and your van will be Reunited and it feels so good!!! Take a deep breath and repeat after me...the sun is warm, the grass is green! You have to post pics once you get it back or it never happened...just messin with ya! You've come a long way with your van in a short time! Congrats Jacke!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 am

Okay, the van IS being painted today! Just got word from the paint shop... then tomorrow the pin-striping! I cannot wait, the anticipation is killing me! I keep hearing Carly Simon singing Laughing  

I will be having much needed help installing those fabulous POP OUT Windows Sunday!  bounce

Then next is the inside door on the side which needs some help as the door handle had been shaved off & it is missing the upper lock arm. Rich and Don are coming to my aid with some needed components.

Kinda hard to escape the rear without a door knob to open the darn barn door. Hmmm, I wonder why they did that!! Once in you don't get to leave? I assume?? Well I have no intentions of keeping anyone in the rear of my van against their will...LOL

It has been 14 months since I began my van project. I cannot believe all that has been done with help from some really good vanner's! I never thought I would get so much accomplished, really.

Don started it! I was fine until he began to explain what I did and did not have... LOL Knowledge is very dangerous.

I am so grateful for the information and pure know-how teachings I have received in the last year!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Kinda hard to escape the rear without a door knob to open the darn barn door. Hmmm, I wonder why they did that!! Once in you don't get to leave? I assume?? Well I have no intentions of keeping anyone in the rear of my van against their will...LOL

Maybe you should have named it "Hotel California"! You can check out anytime you'd like but you can never leave... Very Happy

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:05 pm

I picked up my van on Saturday! Here are the pictures of my new van... Flat Gold Metallic with a Performance Flat White Top, Grill is outlined in Flat Black and finally an old school painted double Pinstripe in Gloss Black. Well here ya go...

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 New_pa10
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 New_pa11
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 New_pa12
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 New_pa13
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 New_pa14
    kaz
    kaz

Number of posts : 114
    Registration date : 2012-07-28

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Empty WOW

Post by kaz Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:15 am

HEY Jacke', wow that looks very very nice and pretty, I'm so happy you got it back finally
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:49 am

Looks very Sharp and I like how the pinstripe trims it out!!! Congrats!

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:39 am

I was able to have Rich come Sunday to install those GREAT pop out windows which took me a year to find! I was his third arm, too short to do much else, LOL! We did a great job as a team! Here are some pictures, Vanny please turn them right side up!  Embarassed

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Jacke_14

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Jacke_15

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Jacke_16

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Jacke_17

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Jacke_18
    whalemstr
    whalemstr

Number of posts : 248
    Registration date : 2012-06-27

Post by whalemstr Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Beautiful!!! Congrats!!!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:15 pm

I'm not normally a big fan of the flat paint but that Gold metallic looks fantastic and the white roof should help keep you cool ! Did you see the color on something you liked or did you just have a feeling it would come out this Great? I'm waaaaay jealous! cheers

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:00 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 14 Popped12
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 pm

cheers It's looks great!! And super straight cheers
    GMman
    GMman

Number of posts : 798
    Registration date : 2014-10-14

Post by GMman Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:12 am

It looks very nice Jacke!!!
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:14 am

Seth G wrote:cheers It's looks great!! And super straight cheers

Thanks! I started witha good van, that helped. But there was some areas that had hidden rusr starting! Glad I got it taken care of before the dust was rust!
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:19 am

vanny wrote:I'm not normally a big fan of the flat paint but that Gold metallic looks fantastic and the white roof should help keep you cool !  Did you see the color on something you liked or did you just have a feeling it would come out this Great? I'm waaaaay jealous! cheers

Well, thank you very much! I actually saw a Tesla in Flat Gold (not metallic) I had never seen a flat paint job on a newer car. It really struck me as beautiful. Because I don't have a snazzy Tesla, I added the Metallic Gold Flat for some eye candy! It is a Hot Rod Flatz Autumn Gold and their Performance White Flat for the top.
    I have been planning and planning... would not even tell Don what colors!
    LOL Secrets, love them!! Very Happy bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 am