VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+26
3onthetree
Digz
Hellfish
dan nachel
panelmanrd
mbasaraba
Smallblockbug
VanninBlaino
white-lightning
66e100pu
RodStRace
bugman
Stoopid john
bumpbug
austinmodhouse
sasktrini
Twinpilot001
kykayaker37
63falcon757
fmc56
wirepuller
justahobby
Big W
mothradeath
econopoor
Army of Six
30 posters

Mustang II IFS build....

FCC
    FCC

Number of posts : 295
    Registration date : 2014-04-29

Mustang II IFS build.... - Page 7 Empty Re: Mustang II IFS build....

Post by FCC Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:58 pm

Glad to hear it! I am planning a hypothetical install right now. It may happen. We just want modern suspension and stability up front.  My wife is scared to go over 40 on anything but highway because she's learned on what old vehicles 'can' be like from my car, so I think her expectations were a tad off in this purchase, because of it.
    Army of Six
    Army of Six

Number of posts : 241
    Registration date : 2010-10-02

Post by Army of Six Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:20 pm

well i can tell you i had mine up to 90MPH constant and she felt good. straight and stable. the only thing i felt was a slight drone vibration. im pretty sure that was from an out of balance rear tire.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Number of posts : 308
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Post by 3onthetree Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:12 am

Army of Six wrote:well i can tell you i had mine up to 90MPH constant and she felt good.  straight and stable.    the only thing i felt was a slight drone vibration.  im pretty sure that was from an out of balance rear tire.  

Good Afternoon Army,

Well, after close to a year of driving the van with the new suspension, I am super happy. I owe it all to you brother. Thanks alot for having the balls to attempt this build, and giving me the confidence to try it myself. This upgrade has made this van able to make 300 mile road trips with no trouble. I cant thank you enough for all the help.

I just saw that post that you have been driving yours down the highway at 90. I love it. I have not had her up to 90 yet, but have cruised on the Thruway at 75 for hours at a time. I love the looks I get when that thing goes blowing by a Lexus on the highway!

I am sold out of the orignal Tshirts that I hade made for TheBox, but I should have some of the new ones with the trailer attached in a few weeks. I would love to send you a couple for all the help you gave me and others. Ill let you know when I have them in hand.

Best to the family and keep up the good work.
    Army of Six
    Army of Six

Number of posts : 241
    Registration date : 2010-10-02

Post by Army of Six Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:50 am

3onthetree wrote:
    Army of Six wrote:well i can tell you i had mine up to 90MPH constant and she felt good.  straight and stable.    the only thing i felt was a slight drone vibration.  im pretty sure that was from an out of balance rear tire.  

Good Afternoon Army,

Well, after close to a year of driving the van with the new suspension, I am super happy.  I owe it all to you brother.  Thanks alot for having the balls to attempt this build, and giving me  the confidence to try it myself.  This upgrade has made this van able to make 300 mile road trips with no trouble.  I cant thank you enough for all the help.

I just saw that post that you have been driving yours down the highway at 90.  I love it.  I have not had her up to 90 yet, but have cruised on the Thruway at 75 for hours at a time.  I love the looks I get when that thing goes blowing by a Lexus on the highway!

I am sold out of the orignal Tshirts that I hade made for TheBox, but I should have some of the new ones with the trailer attached in a few weeks.  I would love to send you a couple for all the help you gave me and others.  Ill let you know when I have them in hand.

Best to the family and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the shout out man! Stuff like that makes all the trouble of creating a post like this so worth while. A t shirt of your van would be cool as hell! I'm glad your conversion was a success.... And yes it is so nice to pass cars that you normally wouldn't be able too 👍. Send me a PM when you get your next batch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:04 am