VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+69
AKSATECH
KISSfan
Ohio_Skipper
dudley32
dodge A-108
rocky69rhodes
chopper tom
vanman2
Bruce67Econoline
A100 Wrench
AzDon
Catimann
rgbaldwin
RipVanArkie
66 E100
Wheelie
Joe Van
Leftcoast65
scrubba
ndjarrett
vanny
Rakehell
dodge man
rebar
Axlejack
12speedfurd
Exto
Todlich
Camaro Addict
Gothboy
dannyrandomstate
Rayallen
scarlin
HandiVanMan
Xelmon
andrew carter
Lazarusvan
Dragsterbus
score602
Twinpilot001
Mike's_MysteryMachine
Big W
gkpost
A100Sportsman
Van Halen
vanbeach66
econopoor
toad
Corvanman
ChevyVanMan1
itruns
mr. duece
kiwimopar
crazzycat
panelmanrd
wylee
Bill W
fmc56
67a 100 pickup
crazee
Nightmoves
DanTheVanMan
sonnygable
BvrWally
vanner68
G-Man
donivan65
Vanish
Admin
73 posters

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Post by G-Man Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Bruce for the front measure what you have, not alot of room up front in all there early's
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 6 Empty Re: How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Post by vanny Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:16 am

Welcome AzDon and Bruce! Bruce, I'm told that Fiero seats and Miata seats are a pretty good adaptable seat for these vans and that they fit well.

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:43 am

Looking forward to going to the local yard and see what I can find. Here's hoping for a good find. My daughter are doing this build as well as our 64 f100 with a resto-mod twist. I will be looking out for ways to increase hp for our 240. Headers, intake. Thanks for the welcome
    vanman2
    vanman2

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2012-06-09

Post by vanman2 Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:18 am

as for me i did a goggle search for old vans vintage vans and found my way to the old site then followed everyone to the new site , this site is a wealth of information great pics and stories about vans and travels as well as real good open honest vannin community and people , i cant say enough about this site !!
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Happy to say I sent Bruce67 our way. A local friend and vanner close to home. Told him how helpful everyone is here. Can't wait to see his van.
    chopper tom
    chopper tom

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2014-02-24

Post by chopper tom Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:14 am

Well when I finally got my old g-10 ,I was having a hard time finding info on it ?
    Sos I found this gypsy chick on the corner of fifth and vine and she had this little cristal ball thingy and shes a tellin me about this vintage vans sight on the internet....
    Not really, I was just doing a internet serch and found it,but that just sounds kinda boring.
    But ive been looking on this sight for a couple of year now ,and I finally got time to sit down and join up . so far I really like it ,lots of positivity and support on here!
    rocky69rhodes
    rocky69rhodes

Number of posts : 359
    Registration date : 2014-09-26

Post by rocky69rhodes Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:09 am

I googled looking for parts an found this page
    dodge A-108
    dodge A-108

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2014-11-22

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 6 Empty how i came to be here

Post by dodge A-108 Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:53 am

chebby wrote:I so often hear "I found your site" and then they say good things about it...  I tell you I'll never get enough of that!  Very Happy

What I'm wondering, is HOW our members found their way here....

internet search, heard about us from a friend, another site perhaps....

What's your story?  

I'd like to hear about the path you took to get here and make this site what it is today...  I couldn't be happier of V-V.com's success if I were twins  Very Happy  Very Happy  and I have all who visit to thank....
    I own a 1968 dodge A-108 van.and like most people who are into early vans, I was doing a internet search for parts. lo and behold! a website just for us! around here (Knoxville TN) all I get is ????? what is THAT?????. so its good to finally find a website for people like us. cheers
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:54 am

Welcome in!! Great to hear about another oldie being preserved
    We love seeing pictures so don't be shy!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    dudley32
    dudley32

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2015-01-17

Post by dudley32 Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:26 am

I had a 64 econoline back in the 70's...loved it...had numerous vans since...was looking around for another econoline and ran across this site...I really like the way this site is set up and look forward to digging in a little deeper...thanks...dudley
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:11 pm

You've come to the right place Dudley! Lots of friendly helpful folks here to assist in any way they can. If you're looking for a van still, check out the "E's for sale" section daily. We've got volunteers who look for vintage vans for sale and when they find new ones, they stick em in the For Sale sections. Also, sometimes members on this site occasionally sell theirs as well.

We love to see pictures of people's projects too!!! Very Happy cheers

dudley32
    dudley32

Number of posts : 68
    Registration date : 2015-01-17

Post by dudley32 Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Thanks...I really appreciate the reply...I was scanning craigslist yesterday and when I came back here most of the ads were already posted...pretty impressive...if I find something I'll certainly let you know!
    Ohio_Skipper
    Ohio_Skipper

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2017-01-17

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 6 Empty How I found this site

Post by Ohio_Skipper Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:43 pm

About 15 years ago I was looking for a rear end for my 67 Chevy. I ran across a guy who went by the name Smiley. He hooked me up with a guy in Youngstown ohio who had a small yard full of the old vans. I was able to get what I needed and smiley told me about vintage vans group. I just bought my 4th old Chevy, 65 deluxe. I needed to look for some parts again and remember smileys reference to vintage vans. I lost the info on the guy in Youngstown, but figured this is a good place to share and network.
    KISSfan
    KISSfan

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2016-08-23

Post by KISSfan Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:34 am

I found this site while trying to find info on the earlies. I like 'em all and now own a '67 G10 shorty.In fact, that's it on the front page this month Smile
    AKSATECH
    AKSATECH

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2017-04-10

Post by AKSATECH Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:54 pm

dougw1
    dougw1

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2017-04-05

Post by dougw1 Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Internet search after I pulled mine out of the weeds & was looking for metal parts etc. Ran across this page and another one for earlies. Finding out lots of interesting stuff which will help big time in fixing mine. it's been parked for 30 years so it will need LOTS of help.
    BAS0301
    BAS0301

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2014-06-05

Post by BAS0301 Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:49 am

Was dealing with an Chevy aftermarket pasts supplier (BrothersTrucks.com) online, and when they finally understood that I was talking about a G10 and not a C10, they recommended I check out Vintage-Vans.com.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Welcome aboard, nice to hear that they recommended this site. Lots of friendly, helpful people on this site so feel free to ask anything. What a Face cheers

raidmagic
    raidmagic

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2023-09-18

Post by raidmagic Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:55 am

Found on my search for a van. Not a lot going out there in the world on these vans.
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:47 am

About the only other option is :

https://www.vcvc.org/forum

wylee likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 am