VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+69
AKSATECH
KISSfan
Ohio_Skipper
dudley32
dodge A-108
rocky69rhodes
chopper tom
vanman2
Bruce67Econoline
A100 Wrench
AzDon
Catimann
rgbaldwin
RipVanArkie
66 E100
Wheelie
Joe Van
Leftcoast65
scrubba
ndjarrett
vanny
Rakehell
dodge man
rebar
Axlejack
12speedfurd
Exto
Todlich
Camaro Addict
Gothboy
dannyrandomstate
Rayallen
scarlin
HandiVanMan
Xelmon
andrew carter
Lazarusvan
Dragsterbus
score602
Twinpilot001
Mike's_MysteryMachine
Big W
gkpost
A100Sportsman
Van Halen
vanbeach66
econopoor
toad
Corvanman
ChevyVanMan1
itruns
mr. duece
kiwimopar
crazzycat
panelmanrd
wylee
Bill W
fmc56
67a 100 pickup
crazee
Nightmoves
DanTheVanMan
sonnygable
BvrWally
vanner68
G-Man
donivan65
Vanish
Admin
73 posters

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 5 Empty How did you find Vintage-Vans.com?

Post by Joe Van Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 pm

I had enough of classic cars and decided to sell my 62 Bel-Air and ad a early Chevy to my van collection I goggled vintage vans for sale and the rest is history now every chance I get I am on V-V AWESOME site with a lot of information and ideas and tons of pictures.
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 5 Empty Re: How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Post by Wheelie Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 pm

Found this site awhile ago because I saw a restored A100 and fell in love and started googling a100 van pics. I wanted to get one since. I finally got one this last weekend and finally signed up and the rest is history!

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 5 Empty Re: How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:16 pm

looking thru stuff looking for parts found a place someone was doneing a disc brake up date and it was someone here looked around and liked what i saw good enough i have a home for me and my van
    66 E100
    66 E100

Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2013-07-08

Post by 66 E100 Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 am

After searching for 3+ years for an Econoline pickup in nice shape (within 1000 miles & not too expensive), I found one last week and bought it. Found this forum through an internet search, and it seemed to be a good resource to help me restore/rebuild my Epup.

Last edited by 66 E100 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14777
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:54 am

Welcome to VV 66E100! Tons of knowledge on this site and lots of help and advise. Congrats on the Epup! Looks like a really nice solid truck. Everyone likes pics here so anytime you need help with anything, show pics and people will jump right in. BTW, is that a spring special Epup?

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    66 E100
    66 E100

Post by 66 E100 Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:01 am

vanny wrote:Welcome to VV 66E100! Tons of knowledge on this site and lots of help and advise. Congrats on the Epup! Looks like a really nice solid truck. Everyone likes pics here so anytime you need help with anything, show pics and people will jump right in. BTW, is that a spring special Epup?

How do I tell if it is a spring special? I have the VIN at home, and am only the 3rd owner so still have some of the original paperwork.

I have owned lots of Fords, but this is my first Econoline, so I don't know that much about them. All I know right now is it was a Florida truck originally, has a 240/3spd, very solid body, 5 window & body moldings.

I have plenty of more reading to do so I can get caught up on the options/models etc.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:27 am

I tried to find some info by using the search on here cause I know I've seen some posts about them but I'll give you a little background and I'm sure someone will jump in with more details. Ford came up with the idea of offering a Spring Special to try to boost the sales of these pickups so they added a chrome package including the wide side trim, bumpers, etc. I believe the color was called Poppy Orange or something to that effect. They're highly sought after for the chrome and trim packages that came with them. Here's a few pictures of one I found online. http://www.ford-econoline.com/featured/steve/springspecial.html

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    66 E100
    66 E100

Post by 66 E100 Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:45 am

I am pretty sure it is not a spring special, my body trim isn't as wide as that in your link, and the bumpers are chrome, but my rear bumper doesn't have the same recess for the license plate.
    I also think mine may have been a dark blue in the past. When I look inside the frame rails from underneath, it has a dark blue over spray in spots. Either way, the paint was done very well whenever it was painted. (I think in 1992)
    How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 5 E100_710
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Looks Great except for the New York plates! lol! Love to see some more pics!

66 E100
    66 E100

Post by 66 E100 Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:45 pm

vanny wrote:Looks Great except for the New York plates! lol! Love to see some more pics!
    I agree, I just moved out of NY and count my blessings every day. New Hampshire is awesome, no income tax or sales tax, and we can have sweet guns and switchblades too!

I will add more pictures tomorrow in the gallery forum.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi 66E,

Welcome!!

All Spring Specials were built in 65. Yours being a 66 rules that out. Your trim is different than a Spring Special. Your trim is known as narrow trim. If you post your data tag info I can get a decode of your vin number and trim options. Nice truck. I am partial to the narrow trim myself. I like the looks of it. Not many were built with this trim.

Duane in Tennessee
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Welcome to VV 66E100. Looks like a great truck.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:15 am

Welcome!!!
    66 E100
    66 E100

Post by 66 E100 Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 am

econopoor wrote:Hi 66E,

Welcome!!

All Spring Specials were built in 65. Yours being a 66 rules that out. Your trim is different than a Spring Special. Your trim is known as narrow trim. If you post your data tag info I can get a decode of your vin number and trim options. Nice truck. I am partial to the narrow trim myself. I like the looks of it. Not many were built with this trim.

Duane in Tennessee

Posted VIN here: My Other Post

Last edited by 66 E100 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link for VIN number in other post)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:40 pm

I was searching for pictures or technical drawings of vintage Thermador car coolers.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:42 am

Welcome to VV!!!
    RipVanArkie
    RipVanArkie

Number of posts : 987
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by RipVanArkie Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:22 am

I've been around for a little while Laughing but I just thought I would share from the beginning...
    The Jeep FC170 was actually what got me into vanning!  I was on ebay looking for a J3000 when I stumbled on an FC.  I fell in love at first sight, bought it and brought it home.  It wasn't long before I had grown to love all things Forward Control. My first public email address was actually fcinsrc@yahoo.com (forward control in Searcy).  I joined several yahoo groups for Earlies and then decided I wanted it all in one place, The Forward Control Vehicles of America Yahoo group was formed and between a few here on VV and myself we filled the group with pics and info on everything Forward Control, including links to all the Early van forums.  We all know how yahoo groups can be and how easy it is to find something and organize your files (yeah right).  Well, it just wasnt as handy as I had dreamed.

Then... some angels from heaven with a similar dream created Vintage Vans!  FCVA soon fell by the wayside and I have been here (at least in spirit) ever since. When I was here only in spirit I was going through a very dark time. I was discouraged, depressed and becoming very introverted. It was some of my good friends here that lifted me up and eventually brought me back, thank Donivan, Gman, savage and especially Econopoor!

Anybody here remember FCVA??

2013 MidSouth Econoline Meet
    Host of the MidSouth Econoline Meet, Petit Jean State Park, AR
    1967 Econoline Pickup
    1966 Econoline Supervan
    1967 Econoline 8-door regular van
    1965 ChevyVan, Cargo, 250/3speed

1964 Econoline 8-door Window Van, 4spd
    1966 Falcon SuperVan, Automatic
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:58 am

RIP!! = enjoy your youth & being able to remember things!! after age 50 usually most of us cant remember what we did 10 mins back!! Esp= where we put that last tool we used =unless were laying on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I founf VV 's site after being directed in a dream!! "The Devil made me do it"!!affraid  lol! 
    rgbaldwin
    rgbaldwin

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2012-07-15

Post by rgbaldwin Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:49 pm

pig Tired of VCVC's Slow Website Should have joined     NOT!
    Catimann
    Catimann

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2014-01-23

Post by Catimann Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:41 pm

A friend and I were watching the Barrett Jackson auction and saw this
    How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 5 <a href=How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 5 BarrettJVan_zps1ba74e0c" />
    It reminded us of my old 66 Fargo van and then I realized this was the classic I was looking for.  Just not the van but the pickup.  So I started looking and here I am.
    AzDon
    AzDon

Number of posts : 746
    Registration date : 2014-01-20

Post by AzDon Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:47 am

I was an occasional lurker at VCVC and one day found that it was no longer viewable without logging in......Not a problem, except my password no longer worked and multiple attempts to get re-registered have failed.....During all of this, I re-discovered this site (which I hadn't remembered as being a messageboard)
    This looks like everything that VCVC is, except with Fords and Dodges thrown in!
    Back in the 70's, I owned 3 Ford Vans followed by 10 Chevy vans..... I still have a LWB 88 van and a 2001 Astro, but I really want to build a sixties chevy van like my 66 GMC Handi-Van that I lived in from 75 thru 79.....
    Was a part of the SoCal van scene back then as a member of United Heads and Our Gang Vans.....
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12227
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:35 am

,,,,once upon a time,,,,,,,,I decided I was going to be the 1st one to drive a van under the London Bridge,,,,,,

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? - Page 5 Stuck_11
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:33 am

Welcome azdon!!!
    A100 Wrench
    A100 Wrench

Number of posts : 572
    Registration date : 2013-05-12

Post by A100 Wrench Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Welcome and let the adventure begin.
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:24 pm

I just bought a 67 econo, and was talking to a friend of mine who owns a 64 chevy. I pick mine up from the shop on Monday looking forward to fixing it up. I'll be looking for lots of parts bumpers and brackets. Heading straight to the junk yard after I pick it up looking for seats to fit the front as well as a bench for the back. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks and looking forward to picking some brains.
    Bruce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:43 pm