VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+69
AKSATECH
KISSfan
Ohio_Skipper
dudley32
dodge A-108
rocky69rhodes
chopper tom
vanman2
Bruce67Econoline
A100 Wrench
AzDon
Catimann
rgbaldwin
RipVanArkie
66 E100
Wheelie
Joe Van
Leftcoast65
scrubba
ndjarrett
vanny
Rakehell
dodge man
rebar
Axlejack
12speedfurd
Exto
Todlich
Camaro Addict
Gothboy
dannyrandomstate
Rayallen
scarlin
HandiVanMan
Xelmon
andrew carter
Lazarusvan
Dragsterbus
score602
Twinpilot001
Mike's_MysteryMachine
Big W
gkpost
A100Sportsman
Van Halen
vanbeach66
econopoor
toad
Corvanman
ChevyVanMan1
itruns
mr. duece
kiwimopar
crazzycat
panelmanrd
wylee
Bill W
fmc56
67a 100 pickup
crazee
Nightmoves
DanTheVanMan
sonnygable
BvrWally
vanner68
G-Man
donivan65
Vanish
Admin
73 posters

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? Empty How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Post by Admin Fri May 16, 2008 3:09 pm

I so often hear "I found your site" and then they say good things about it... I tell you I'll never get enough of that! Very Happy

What I'm wondering, is HOW our members found their way here....

internet search, heard about us from a friend, another site perhaps....

What's your story?

I'd like to hear about the path you took to get here and make this site what it is today... I couldn't be happier of V-V.com's success if I were twins Very Happy Very Happy and I have all who visit to thank....

Last edited by chebby on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? Empty Re: How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com?

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2008 8:28 pm

I believe I was doing all kinds of Google searches looking for a van for sale and found this site (the old site I should say).

I'm in the market for an early Dodge A100. I think I've exhausted every one for sale in the world! None are right for me. Call me fussy, but I think I know what I want.

I did find what I wanted in Portland, but I was a little slow figuring out how I'd get it home, and the guy sold it out from under me. My own fault.

So I'm still looking. My main concern is that it be an automatic and not be a rusty bucket. Some rusty floors or whatever is okay, something I can fix if need be, but not a major project. A turn key that has to be within my budget. Perhaps that's where I need to step it up a bit..increase my budget.

Thanks for the site and for reading this far!
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sat May 17, 2008 9:01 pm

enbro.... I am Kinda Likeing this one you Posted up here !!!!!

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/car/682998054.html

Post by Guest Sun May 18, 2008 5:41 am

Ya, I like that one too. The price is a little higher than my budget but I could do it. If it was an Automatic I'd go for it. The thought of hunting parts and trying to convert it doesn't appeal to me, I just want a turnkey. Are you going to buy it? Don't you have a nice Chevy right now?
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sun May 18, 2008 8:04 am

That's way outta what I can spend on a Van also !!!! But I like it !!!!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:52 pm

Another site I enjoyed now ruined by........oh well my van is getting sold anyway, it was fun while it lasted!!!!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Why is the fun over?

Post by Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:16 pm

Did you see Chevro64's other post here -> https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/g-van-general-discussion-f4/paint-and-trim-codes-t326.htm

Somethings up with this guy. I think he's saying "Another site I enjoyed now ruined by..... a Dodge A100 guy!" I won't take it personally. Smile
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 pm

It has nothing to do about you guys its about a banned member from another site that desided to come here.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:18 am

How i found this site? Well i was dreamin' about doing another van after 25 years and started looking. I entered "1965 Chevy Vans" and presto I was here (or there or ....) anyway, here I am. The more I searched for info on vintage vans the more it kept directing me back here. So I joined and if for no other reason than keeping the dream alive in my head I come here and go back to the days before.

Well that was deep, anyway thats my story.

God Bless you all.
    vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by vanner68 Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Well, after seeing links on VCVC and vannin.com for some time, I decided to get around to checking it out.

still got my 68 Chevy van after almost 30 years, might finish it some time in the next ten years....
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Well it's about time Gregg for you to get out once in awhile!! lol
    B.W. Smile
    vanner68
    vanner68

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by vanner68 Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:08 pm

BvrWally wrote:Well it's about time Gregg for you to get out once in awhile!! lol
    B.W. Smile

Duuaaaahhh...Yeahhhh.... I'm a bit slow at this interwebby thing...... scratch

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:29 pm

I was looking for a Ford van club like Fairlane club I never joined and came across this site, no longer have her sniff sniff.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:52 pm

I was wandering in the land of Google and found it. Really glad I did. I think my ownership will be more fun being able to talk with the friendly people here. Thanks to whoever makes this possible.
    sonnygable
    sonnygable

Number of posts : 90
    Registration date : 2008-09-03

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? Empty how i found this site?

Post by sonnygable Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:22 pm

howd i get here,you ask?well,lemme tell ya.my first ride ever was a 69 108,my dad bought it for me when i was 14.for 2 years we worked on it together so id be cruising on my 16th b-day(which i was)those were the greatest days of my life.now im 47 and still think of dad every day,even though he passed 25 years ago.so this started as my little tribute to him.found a 69 108 on e-bay not far from home and the guy i got it from directed me here.i had no idea you guys were still out here.since then iv gotten a 67 108 camper van that im restoring and i bought a 67 ford super duty off matt from this site as my daily driver(and luvin it-sorry i like the fords too.)and the rest shall be history.p.s.my boys are already putting in the grave and calling which rides they want.pretty sad if you ask me.peace all,sonny

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:09 pm

I found the site while doing a web search to buy my current van. I bought the van after I joined the site. Love the site Cheb!

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:49 am

Found the site doing a internet search. Had a 77 chevy window bout 30 years ago, and started catching the fever again after visiting this site. Kinda looking for a early chevy close to me. Love this site brings back the good ole days.

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? Empty How did you find this site?

Post by Guest Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:49 pm

web browsing, after a 67 econoline followed me home one day.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Yep, like others I was googlin' 196* Chevy Van, and this was one of the links that showed up.
    Way, way, WAY glad I found this site!
    Like finding a whole family of long lost brothers!
    Hooonnnneeeeeeee, I'm Home! Very Happy
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:24 am

I was on VCVC.org last year and Wideload and HywayChild were talking about this site. VCVC was having some major issues back then and I haven't been back since. Found everything I ever needed right here!!! Wonder how that site is doing? Maybe I'll check later just for the heck of it.

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

How did you find VintAGE-Vans.com? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by BvrWally Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:20 am

That site is doing fine! Browse it and this one daily! Good guys there as well!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:29 am

Yes Bvrwally good people there also. Many from here.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:51 am

I've found most from there are here also.Hmm Does that make sense? You can be here and there at same time? Haaaaaaa !
    crazee

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2009-02-24

Post by crazee Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Looking to see if any 2%er clubs still existed in my area after returning to vanning after a 15 year lapse. Hit google.....found vannin.com and saw mentions of this being a great site for vintage vans like my 64 Econoline.

Presto....a wave of the magic wand and here I am. Smile

Short version= GOOGLE the root of all evil. :p

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:18 am