VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+101
kmac
GregO
greenvan
jrdunn96
32dooscoop
Russell
caleboh
apedave
MelMalzahn
jimmyZ
Van crazy
whalemstr
hdewey
G-10 Ron
douglas_sisk
uante
292fan
billywhiskey
BoogieMann
OutofSight
mrkil
Billy Pilgrim
samsvan
Rust Bucket Retro
!6!
SKIDMARK
The Ronin
65EconoTime
VeronaVermin
Economan64
Vancy65
wideload
RF Man
Vannin Ken
A100 Wrench
TonyfromEngland
mnghost
Dirtstar1
troubledz
vrod64
SportVan
Joe Van
hutch73
campin'fool 2
Wheelie
vanny
Dingeldeins
kartrac3r
1040imp
Edoz
westcoastvanner
dodge man
vanman2
MisterDavid
kristuphir
CraigK
Schoessow
Corvanman
8Ball
CorvanDann
Barnabas
Daytona-Airbrush
66ThunderVan
dix
whopman
Linoman
SuperJason
Big Dog
Rayallen
Scott
Mike's_MysteryMachine
steviemonster
slowflapper
heretic
EconoCarl
Big W
Farmer
MarioWink
StuNami
Mr Hill Billy
donivan65
Stuntman
hotrodbeebe423
econopoor
Van Halen
pittsdriver
BvrWally
Optik
Vanish
Digz
itruns
lectricman
rustrocket84
DanTheVanMan
66BC
BILLS66
Nightmoves
G-Man
Hawkrod
Admin
105 posters

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by Big W Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:15 pm

I have started a picture folder in the members vans/Gallery. The blue one with the doors all done in primer is the 67. The sea foam green one is the one that I will be doing up instead, and it is a 64. I just hope all the work done on the 67 will swap over to the 64, especially that rear end that has been completly rebuilt.$$$ Also the dual master cyl with all the new brakelines will have to fit also.$$$ But this will all get started this summer with the ripping out of the last owners carpet and panel board interior that when you touch it it looks like it is snowing inside, argh, not looking forward to that part...lol. as we move along with this one I will post pics and be asking questions. Then the V8 engine swap will be mocked up and meaurements taken, then we will tare it all apart and start knocking the dents out.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by G-Man Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Welcome to the site BigW!!!
    lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

Post by lectricman Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:41 pm

Welcome to the affliction guys.... jump in when you can and be sure and get the pics rolling in....
    heretic
    heretic

Number of posts : 71
    Registration date : 2010-12-29

Post by heretic Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:55 am

New Guy Saying Hello

I stumbled onto this site looking for information. Lurked a while, joined, lurked some more & after reading a lot of knowledgeable posts & seeing the genuine willingness to help ... I Say Hello!!!

I don't know any more about these vans than my own limited exploration & what I've read on these pages. But I'm a fast learner.

About me, I live in Sacramento & have built a few cars & trucks over the past 25yrs but the closest thing to a van that I've owned was a 65' VW Type II 13 Window some years ago. My mechanical passion has been focused on bikes for the past few years now.

My 15yr old musician son had expressed interest in a van, so the hunt was on. Wanting a 60's era van, preferably a Chevy, I put my RSS reader to work up & down the west coast.

On Dec 24 almost 2 months later I got a hit 200 miles North of Sacramento CA. A clean titled, running 69' Chevy G20 108 Custom, original 307/350, middle bench seat, black & yellow plates front & rear, straight body & no rot. I called dude X-mas morning and talked for a while. Told him that if it was everything he said it was, I have cash in hand & I want the van. My boy & I drove up to his place 2 days later.

Truthfully all the way there (almost 3hrs) I had reservations on getting my hopes up & spending the money in this current economy but I didn't express my concerns with my kid. We got to dudes place & he takes us into a big metal storage building where he had the van & five other Chevy trucks stored. The van had been stored for the last 4yrs, he said he had plans to restore it. Looking it up & down it was everything he said it was but my economic anxiety was still high. Dude stepped away to open a big roll-up door and as soon as he was out of ear shot my kid looks at me and says "This thing is bad ass!!" .... SOLD .... We did all the paperwork & I told him I'd be back the following weekend with a trailer. A week later, I started the van, drove it up onto a trailer and brought it home.

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 4 Thevan2
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 4 Thevan1

I've been purchasing the parts to completely go thru the braking system & replace the brake lines & hoses, wheel bearings front/rear & new kingpins. Once I know it stops safely we're moving on to the suspension and drive train. My boy & I have been crawling all under it making lists of things to do & he is always excited to work on it. My first goal is to have it reliably running by summer & do some camping out of it.

slowflapper
    slowflapper

Number of posts : 956
    Registration date : 2010-07-29

Post by slowflapper Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Welcome Heritic,
    That's a really nice van. Be sure to check here for "price checks" on where to get certain parts, the eBay sellers and some others out there will overcharge on parts sometimes, its easy to get suckered if you don't know better.

I have a (almost) seven year old son that's helping me with mine, I figure he can have it when I'm too old to drive it anymore. Smile
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Welcome to the site!!!! Questions??? ask away
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:02 pm

Welcome heretic.Nice lookin 2nd gen. ya got there.Make for a cool ride for your son,his buddy's will envy him at the 'retro' ride.Makes a great bonding tool as well.Enjoy.
    steviemonster

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2011-02-25

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 4 Empty Hey guys!!!

Post by steviemonster Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Hey guys...Im Stevie, just moved over to Los ANgeles for a while for an internship at a custom magazine...just used the majority of my coin on an old 1973 dodge tradesman van....i love it..just scored some heart bubble windows.....just need to find a fuel sending unit as i cant tell when im running out!!! argh! any help would be greatly apprieciated! Also...any recommendations on interior fitters would be great...would like to use my van for the magazine and feature the work done on it! Thanks!
    Mike's_MysteryMachine

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by Mike's_MysteryMachine Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm new to the site. Came here after endless hours of searching for A-100's for sale on google and dug the site.

I'm the mystery machine guy here in arkansas and hope to get an A-100 for a more accurate model.

Econolines, Greenbriers, and A-100's make excellent delivery vans and some even get decent mileage!

I've got a 62 econoline that is currently sitting on flats until I can get it towed for new tires (should be soon!) that is done up like the Mystery Machine from scooby doo. I'm going to have to do some more mods on it before all is said and done, but for now it's almost accurate enough.

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 4 Empty Thanks for the site

Post by Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:57 pm

I look forward to learning and sharing infomation about these old vans. Getting my first on thursday. 1966 Chevrolet Sportvan. Will post pictures soon.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:00 am

Welcome!!!!! There a great van show by you on Labor Day weekend

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks G-man! Where will this van show take place? Looking forward to hitting van shows this summer.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:26 am

It's called Taz Fest it's in Wakeigan , there will be infor for the show as it gets closer

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:56 am

Nice! Waukegan is very close by. Looks like it might be my first van show.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Taz puts on a great show, I might even be there again this year

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 4 Empty New van owner

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2011 9:42 am

Found this site the other day when I finally found my econoline to buy. Got to get the vin decoded and get that baby rollin. I live in Oklahoma. Thanks alot.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed May 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Welcome to the site shrum!!!!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed May 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Hey shrum, Welcome to the site .......... Very Happy

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 4 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Thu May 19, 2011 6:51 am

Welcome to the site,

Where about in Oklahoma are you?
    Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

Post by Rayallen Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:40 pm

New van/truck guy here.

I will be honest and say The VW bus got me started in the Van direction. I had a 1962 Split Window Bus and loved it. Sold that a couple of years ago and have been driving a 1983 Chevy K-10 around for a while and just sold that, just not unique enough, not to mention 7mpg sucks! Now with cash in hand im ready to buy my 1st classiic American Van/truck. Im a sucker for the more odd looking unique cars and have found my way here.

I dont have a definate van/truck I want to purchase yet. Ive had my eye on a 1961 Ford Econoline Pickup and dodge A100. Ive also looked at several vans. Looking for something that is completely mechanically sound with a good body. Ive done a little body work when owning the VW and know what comes with a rust filled car.

Im located in San Antonio TX so if you guys know of anything for sale in Texas let me know. Glad to have found Vintage Vans.

~Ray
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Ray ... Welcome in ..... Just keep an eye out on the Classified Section Here !!! Some thing will come up !!! always Dose !!!!!! Again welcome in !!!!!

Rayallen
    Rayallen

Number of posts : 648
    Registration date : 2011-06-27

Post by Rayallen Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Welcome!!!! Check the for sale section there are a few in TX right now

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 4 Empty New member from NE Florida

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:44 am

New member, Just signed in today! I purchased a 65 Econoline on Sat. I grew up riding around in a 64 Chevy Van. And have wanted on ever since my dad sold it. Ive owned a few classics over the last few years... 56 Buick Wagon (wish id'a kept it) 73 Pontiac Lemans (first car) 71 VW beetle, and have built a 40 Chevy Special Deluxe with my dad, and we are currently working on a 4 door 57 Chevy. Im ready to get started on my 65 E. And hope to have it ready for Turkey Run 2011! It runs great and has some minor rust here and there. Ill get some pics up asap. So... Hello from NE Florida!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 am

Welcome to the site!!!! How about a picture of that Econo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:57 am