VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+101
kmac
GregO
greenvan
jrdunn96
32dooscoop
Russell
caleboh
apedave
MelMalzahn
jimmyZ
Van crazy
whalemstr
hdewey
G-10 Ron
douglas_sisk
uante
292fan
billywhiskey
BoogieMann
OutofSight
mrkil
Billy Pilgrim
samsvan
Rust Bucket Retro
!6!
SKIDMARK
The Ronin
65EconoTime
VeronaVermin
Economan64
Vancy65
wideload
RF Man
Vannin Ken
A100 Wrench
TonyfromEngland
mnghost
Dirtstar1
troubledz
vrod64
SportVan
Joe Van
hutch73
campin'fool 2
Wheelie
vanny
Dingeldeins
kartrac3r
1040imp
Edoz
westcoastvanner
dodge man
vanman2
MisterDavid
kristuphir
CraigK
Schoessow
Corvanman
8Ball
CorvanDann
Barnabas
Daytona-Airbrush
66ThunderVan
dix
whopman
Linoman
SuperJason
Big Dog
Rayallen
Scott
Mike's_MysteryMachine
steviemonster
slowflapper
heretic
EconoCarl
Big W
Farmer
MarioWink
StuNami
Mr Hill Billy
donivan65
Stuntman
hotrodbeebe423
econopoor
Van Halen
pittsdriver
BvrWally
Optik
Vanish
Digz
itruns
lectricman
rustrocket84
DanTheVanMan
66BC
BILLS66
Nightmoves
G-Man
Hawkrod
Admin
105 posters

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

hotrodbeebe423

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-10-26

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by hotrodbeebe423 Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:09 pm

Just found this site today...my van is not as old but it is a 74 trdesman 300 that was custom painted in 75 and driven till 83 where it was put in starage under a church....The church then sold it to a salvage yard last month where a frind saw it and called me as I have few old cars and trucks...After seeing the van I purchased it for 500 bucks saving it from the crusher..The van is called stardust and was originally from Reading Pa...will post some pics this week
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by G-Man Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:45 pm

Welcome to the site!!!!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:38 am

Welcome! Any questions? Just ask............ Very Happy

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 3 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Stuntman

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2010-12-02

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 3 Empty Time for a new Project :)

Post by Stuntman Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Folks,
    Welp, after restoring a half dozen Jeep CJ-8 Scramblers i'm officially Jeeped out. Now it's time for a new kind of project. I'm seriously considering a vintage van. I own a screen printing shop called STUNT and think an early Dodge or Chevy would be a great STUNT Mobile. My past builds were either restorations or mechanical resto-mods — nothing really fun — this time I hope to do something a bit more aggressive and creative. My current vision is a rat van. Hopefully this doesn't put me on the "bad list", but I'd like to chop (gasp) and lower one, paint it flat black and paint my logo on the side. I'd use it for show and distributing shirts (with a cannon, of course). Anyhow, has anybody on the board chopped their van or done a rat rod?

Looking forward to getting more involved on the sight, finding my new ride, and asking all kinds of questions as I begin the transformation. Smile

Matt.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Welcome Stunt!!! All kinds of vans here stock, custom , rats, low riders all are welcome. Keep a eye out in the for sale section, with these early vans body is the key
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 3 Chevy_47

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 3 Chevy_48

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 3 Vista_11

Stuntman

Registration date : 2010-12-02

Post by Stuntman Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:54 am

This van was / is my inspiration: http://stuntstage.com/?p=173
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

not sure but that van may sill be for sale
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:15 am

Welcome Kelly!! What part of xzgvbvcn? I grew up close to there!!
    Mr Hill Billy
    Mr Hill Billy

Number of posts : 213
    Registration date : 2009-12-23

Post by Mr Hill Billy Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:47 am

Van Halen wrote:Welcome Kelly!! What part of xzgvbvcn? I grew up close to there!!
    lol!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:12 am

Sorry VH, you'll never know... Had to give USA Kelly the boot Wink
    StuNami
    StuNami

Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2010-12-14

Post by StuNami Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Guess I'm up next.

Hi Everyone, I'm newb. I'll post pics of my ride soon.

~Nami
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:13 pm

welcome to the site StuNami!!!! You should change your profile and lets us know where your from???
    MarioWink

Registration date : 2010-12-29

Post by MarioWink Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:54 pm

Jumping back in. I have a 1966 Chevy Van Shorty that was my work truck many years ago. I have had the Van for over 20 years. The motor was a 1968 V-8 when I bought it but that motor blew up a few years ago. (I wonder why?) I put in a crate motor 350ci and a clutch and bell housing from a 74 3/4 ton pickup. It still has the stock 3 speed manual. Eddlebrock intake with a Rochester 4bbl. Electronic ignition on the motor. The radiator has been recored to a 4 core and the thing ran good when I parked it about 6 years ago. I am ready to plug in a new battery and fill the tires just to see if I can still light up the tires. I'm sad to say it is a pitiful sight but it won't take much to scrape things off and get it spinning again. Anyone live close to me on the coast of Washington State. Van's name is Vanquish.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:38 am

welcome Mario!!!!
    Farmer
    Farmer

Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2010-12-27

Post by Farmer Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:09 pm

New guy on the block. I've been reading and looking at all the pics for a few months now, thought I should jump in and get wet. I bought my first early a 66 G10 sportvan when I was 15 with money ($300.00) I had saved from a paper route. It had been owned by a hippie couple that drove it all over the country. Being from Wi., it was a rust bucket. I worked on it and kept it until I joined the service, then had my folks sell it for some much needed cash. Stupid me. After settling here in Tn. my daily driver was a 74 gmc van for 20+ yrs and now a 2000 vandura. I bought the white 65 G10 panel that was on ebay and listed on here back in Sept. It was the one that sat in a warehouse in Indy for 25 yrs...yea that one. I have some rust issues to deal with, but it's no fun if it's perfect. I just love the feeling of getting behind the wheel of my early...goosebumps everytime!! Oh, the memories..can't let the wife know about them (I'd have to name the van "the doghouse")!! Farmer (Matt)
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Matt WELCOME IN !!!!! I Still Have the same van I have had since I was 16 ........

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Welcome Farmer, how about some pictures
    Farmer
    Farmer

Post by Farmer Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Vanish, I envy you having been able to keep your van for so long. Is it the red 4x4 one? I've always talked about having/building a 4x4 van but have yet found the time to pursue it. My daughter gave me a camera for x-mas, once I figure out how to use it I'll get to work on getting some on here.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Farmer wrote:Thanks for the welcome. Vanish, I envy you having been able to keep your van for so long. Is it the red 4x4 one? I've always talked about having/building a 4x4 van but have yet found the time to pursue it. My daughter gave me a camera for x-mas, once I figure out how to use it I'll get to work on getting some on here.

Thats the one .... it Really Needs a lot of work these Days... But Back in it's Day ...it seen a Lot of Good Time's .. and some Bad one too ... I remember My Dad Takeing it away for awhile .... Man I remember when that happend ... Just wanted to Die !!!!! One Day I will fix it Back up ..... But eiather way I will keep it till I die ... Fixed or Not ... For me Just Looking at it there in the Back Yard .... it just brings back .. Well Every thing ..... Lost my Dad Back in 88'' But he Got it for me ... and he was real pissed .. when I spent all my money on it ... the Van has Had a 30 Year Napp !!!!!!

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:32 am

Great story Vanish.
    Farmer is your van that was on CL in Ind.,white,taken out side a garage or storage unit? I remember that one in Indy for some reason.Just wonderin.
    Farmer
    Farmer

Post by Farmer Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:21 am

Vanish, that's awsome you've kept your van that long, sure would make a cool airlume to pass on to a grandchild. Growing up in a van seems to put a virus in your blood you just can't get rid of.....for me, getting an early was coming full circle.
    Nightmoves, my van may have been on craigs list. I found it on ebay.It had been listed a couple of times, the first time with a big stereo in it. The previous owner (Dale) was from New Albany, In. He told me the van had sat in a warehouse in Indy for 25 years. It's white outside with brown and tan interior (it HAD leopard trim and door panels). The roof has a dent in it, and the frame at the rear spring hangers is rusted pretty bad. I'll get some pics asap. Dale turned me onto VCVC and that's how I found you guys here.
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:06 am

Welcome Farmer can't wait to see some pics!!
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:35 pm

Also new here to this group. All I can say is WOW!!! I have been working on a 67 econoline van for about 3 years now and was getting ready to start the body work on it when I found one in WAY better shape. Then I found this group and have had to re-think a lot of my ideas thanks to these forums. CUZ I WAS ABOUT TO DO IT ALL WRONG...lol. Seat belt ideas, motor mounts and tranny mounts, Brakes...wow. I have been combing these forums now since I sighned up and what a lot of great stuff in here. Better put up another bunk bed...I am moving in. Big W from Saskatoon, Sask - Canada.
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by EconoCarl Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 3 Welcom10

Welcome to the site.
    Post some pics when
    you can, we love pics!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:33 pm