VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+101
kmac
GregO
greenvan
jrdunn96
32dooscoop
Russell
caleboh
apedave
MelMalzahn
jimmyZ
Van crazy
whalemstr
hdewey
G-10 Ron
douglas_sisk
uante
292fan
billywhiskey
BoogieMann
OutofSight
mrkil
Billy Pilgrim
samsvan
Rust Bucket Retro
!6!
SKIDMARK
The Ronin
65EconoTime
VeronaVermin
Economan64
Vancy65
wideload
RF Man
Vannin Ken
A100 Wrench
TonyfromEngland
mnghost
Dirtstar1
troubledz
vrod64
SportVan
Joe Van
hutch73
campin'fool 2
Wheelie
vanny
Dingeldeins
kartrac3r
1040imp
Edoz
westcoastvanner
dodge man
vanman2
MisterDavid
kristuphir
CraigK
Schoessow
Corvanman
8Ball
CorvanDann
Barnabas
Daytona-Airbrush
66ThunderVan
dix
whopman
Linoman
SuperJason
Big Dog
Rayallen
Scott
Mike's_MysteryMachine
steviemonster
slowflapper
heretic
EconoCarl
Big W
Farmer
MarioWink
StuNami
Mr Hill Billy
donivan65
Stuntman
hotrodbeebe423
econopoor
Van Halen
pittsdriver
BvrWally
Optik
Vanish
Digz
itruns
lectricman
rustrocket84
DanTheVanMan
66BC
BILLS66
Nightmoves
G-Man
Hawkrod
Admin
105 posters

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by Vanish Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:45 am

Tim welcome In ........

BvrWally
    BvrWally

Number of posts : 946
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by BvrWally Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:10 am

Well...it's about time Optik!!! lol
    B.W. Smile
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:12 am

Hey ya Tim.I have seen your many posts from 'next door'.Welcome aboard.Great folks here as well.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:15 am

Tim Great to have you here also!!! How about a few pictures of your van for everyone to see

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Hello all. I just signed up. This past weekend a friend and I were out at a car show in Odessa MO where we saw a nice g-van. After the show we went out looking for anything auto to browse around and ended up at an auto grave yard where sure enough we found a g body in what looked like fair shape. After finding this site in the search of info and is it worth it I decided to join. Currently I don't have a van but I'm thinking about clearing a few things out of my garage to make room for one.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:41 am

Welcome Neb!!!
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Welcome to the board Neb.Hopefully one will find you.Be patient.Keep an eye on for sale section here too.
    pittsdriver
    pittsdriver

Number of posts : 335
    Registration date : 2010-08-12

Post by pittsdriver Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Hello all, I found this site when looking for parts for my 68 A100. I had a new 69 A100 in high school (surf wagon etc. heavy on the etc.) and also a 68 V8 a few years later. Have been looking for one to restore and customize for a couple of years. Got a complete rust free CA van on ebay a couple of weeks ago. 225 manual hasn't run in a few years but a good start. Have a couple of airplane projects to do before I get real serious but can't wait to get started. Lots of great info here. Don
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Welcome to the forum,Don.Lots of good connections from others on parts here.Theres a couple other plane folks in here too.Hey,drop a 440 in that A and make it fly.
    pittsdriver
    pittsdriver

Post by pittsdriver Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:20 am

I'm trying to decide if I want to do a fire breather V8 or leave the 6 in it for a nice cruiser. It will be lowered and everything smoothed.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:04 am

Welcome to the site!!! Pictures????

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 am

Hello from the hills of S.W. Va. I'm very glad to be a member here and I've always loved the forward control vans since the first time I rode in one back in highschool. I've been lurking, like most newbies I reckon, for some time but finally decided to join. My first van was an 80 Dodge that I bought brand new but it just wasnt a Vintage van so I didnt keep it too long after customizing it. I currently own a 68 Chevy 90 that needs alot of work. I've had it for about 5 years and am slowly coming to the conclusion that restoring it myself might be more than I can handle. I lose tools faster than I can replace them thanks to my two sons. One of which is due to leave Afghanistan today and start his way home from his deployment. Yeehaww. I'm considering selling my van along with a few other things and buying one that is ready to roll. Still trying to decide because I hate to quit on her but she isnt doing anybody any good just sitting in the driveway. Perhaps joining this forum will give me the much needed "kick in the pants I need". I sure hope so. I'm about to phase back an old hobby of mine and would really like to start "vanning" again as my "new/old" one. My dream is a nice 6 cyl, three on the handlebar with a nice interior and paint that I can take to cruise nights and, camp on a beautiful little piece of property I have on a local river and, one day host a few fellow vanners for the weekend on the property. I really look forward to going to some eVANts and meeting y'all. I love all the old vans but am most partial to the 1st Gen "G"s. Dont know why, they just blow my skirt up the highest. I really enjoy all the pictures of the great vans ya'll have and I hope to have one functioning soon.
    Van Halen
    Van Halen

Number of posts : 1785
    Registration date : 2010-04-30

Post by Van Halen Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:05 pm

Welcome Captain glad to see someone else from the east coast!! Lets see some pics of that van.Here is your motivation to get it up and running!! Good luck!!

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 2 Natsbi10
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Welcome to the forum Captain!!!! Well you ask for it KICK!!!!! Time to start working on that early. To keep a project going you almost have to be thinking about it all the time. Make a to do list of the things you can do and a list of what you can't that you may have to have someone else do. Set weekly or monthly goals. Give us a parts wanted list and maybe we can help

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Wow thanks for the quick encouragement! I would really like to make the Nats. Tried a couple of years back when it was in Harrisonburg Va. but couldnt make it. That is definitely a goal to set my sights on. I'll post some pics. soon. Got a chore to take of right now.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Welcome Captain,from the hills of Tennessee.From your avatar,looks like ya got a nice lil van.Evvvry body loves pics here.Next years Nats ain't that far from ya,its my goal to shoot for.Hey...most of us here have 'work in progress',I as well.I just do what I can,as I can.We all learn/support/borrow ideas from one another here.Great buncha guys.Tell ya boy when he gets home,thanks and we appreciated the job he is doing.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:31 am

Hello Night moves. Nice to meet you neighbor. I'll tell the boy. I hope I dont become a pest because I'll probably be asking alot of questions.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:45 am

Captain don't worry about the questions , that what we are here for to help each other

Post by Guest Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Here is another shot of my van when I was doing some work to it.
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 2 000_0063
    And here is a shot of my 58 1 ton Chevy Panel truck
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 2 000_0008
    both of them look alot nicer in the photos than they actually are.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:05 pm

They both look great to me Capt'n.
    pittsdriver
    pittsdriver

Post by pittsdriver Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Well. I bought the 66 A100 panel van last month so this month I bought a 69 A100 window van to go with it. 318 with a three speed. Body is fair but has a few issues. But it runs great and is drivable for $800. Can't wait to see what i FIND NEXT MONTH.

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 2 Empty New Dude from East TN.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:50 pm

Hello all.

I found this wonderful site back in July when I started researching Econoline vans. I am from Fall Branch, TN. I dont have a van, yet. I have been looking on craigslist and Ebay but it seems like most of the vans are not near me, and the ones that are near are a little out of my body work experience range. I drove to Knoxville in August and looked at a supervan but it was not the van for me. I have a 64 Triumph chopper and I thought a van would be the thing to haul it around in, although now I have started to think about selling the chopper so I can have some more van money. I am sure I will be asking a lot of questions so bare with me.

Thanks to all,
    WAP
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:33 pm

Welcome!!!! Your van is out there, keep a eye out in the for sale section.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Post by Nightmoves Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:39 pm

Welcome WAP,from another Tennessean.There's just a handful of us here.I know two of them are Econo guys.Like the G-man said,its out there,somewhere.
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:20 am

Welcome WAP. from another Tennessean, I'm in Jackson TN, about 120 miles West of Nashville. I have a few Econo's now but none that would be a good project truck. You can check with Tim in KY as he always comes up with some pretty nice Econo's.

Duane in Tennessee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 pm