VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+101
kmac
GregO
greenvan
jrdunn96
32dooscoop
Russell
caleboh
apedave
MelMalzahn
jimmyZ
Van crazy
whalemstr
hdewey
G-10 Ron
douglas_sisk
uante
292fan
billywhiskey
BoogieMann
OutofSight
mrkil
Billy Pilgrim
samsvan
Rust Bucket Retro
!6!
SKIDMARK
The Ronin
65EconoTime
VeronaVermin
Economan64
Vancy65
wideload
RF Man
Vannin Ken
A100 Wrench
TonyfromEngland
mnghost
Dirtstar1
troubledz
vrod64
SportVan
Joe Van
hutch73
campin'fool 2
Wheelie
vanny
Dingeldeins
kartrac3r
1040imp
Edoz
westcoastvanner
dodge man
vanman2
MisterDavid
kristuphir
CraigK
Schoessow
Corvanman
8Ball
CorvanDann
Barnabas
Daytona-Airbrush
66ThunderVan
dix
whopman
Linoman
SuperJason
Big Dog
Rayallen
Scott
Mike's_MysteryMachine
steviemonster
slowflapper
heretic
EconoCarl
Big W
Farmer
MarioWink
StuNami
Mr Hill Billy
donivan65
Stuntman
hotrodbeebe423
econopoor
Van Halen
pittsdriver
BvrWally
Optik
Vanish
Digz
itruns
lectricman
rustrocket84
DanTheVanMan
66BC
BILLS66
Nightmoves
G-Man
Hawkrod
Admin
105 posters

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:05 am

I tried uploading some pics, but it says "You are not allowed to post links and emails"... Hope I can figure this out. I dontated and ordered a t-shirt earlier today Sad Question Exclamation
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 5 Empty Re: Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com!

Post by EconoCarl Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Welcome to the site livinlrge!

I saw the link to your facebook pics (Karl Owen's Econo pics) on the H.A.M.B. board and noticed you had a funny name!

The other Carl Owen,

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Thanks for the welcome Carl! And I must say, you have one awesome name!
    Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:44 pm

Hope this works..

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 5 My_new14
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Great looking van ya got there LivinLrge. And welcome to the site...Need more pics..lol..one is kinda like a tease you no..lol.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 5 My_new17
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 5 My_new18
    Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 5 My_new19

This is all I have of her for right now.. Ill get some interior pics later. Although the interior is definitley nothing to brag about yet.... Laughing

Last edited by livinlrge on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix pics)
    Big Dog
    Big Dog

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2011-08-22

Post by Big Dog Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Never owned a van before (besides the family mini) but always loved the look of the 1960's vans. Finally just got the van of my dreams.... a 1964 Chevy G10.

I have no idea who customized it, but I do know it was in the 1970's... sure would love to know the history of my van...

If the walls could only talk... the stories they must know...lol

Cheers everyone,
    Big Dog
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:18 am

Welcome to the site!!!! Your van has changed owners a few times over the past few years. Glad it's has found a good home now. When you get a chance how about some pictures in and out. We have never seen inside pictures only outside of your van

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:50 pm

G-Man wrote:Welcome to the site!!!! Your van has changed owners a few times over the past few years. Glad it's has found a good home now. When you get a chance how about some pictures in and out. We have never seen inside pictures only outside of your van

Thanks Gman... How many hands has it changed?? just curious. Its not going anywhere now. Plans on restoring it with some upgrades. I just purchased some vintage theatre seats to use as passenger seats. They were outta an old theatre here locally that is now closed, but I had the privilege of going to growing up. Just finished making bearings and machining parts for the shifting parts. It shifts ALOT better now. Now Ill be working on the steering and the interior moving forward... Thanks for the welcome, all of you!
    SuperJason
    SuperJason

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2011-10-03

Post by SuperJason Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello, Everyone!

I'm not yet a van owner, but I've been poking around for an early E-Series. There are a couple local candidates, but there's nothing yet that I'm comfortable pulling the trigger on.

I have a 1982 VW Rabbit Pick-Up truck that has been my toy / project car for 4-5 years. I love the car, but now with a baby, we don't get to enjoy it as much as we like. I get to drive it occasionally, but without a place to put the child seat, it goes unused a lot. My wife loves the car, and she actually hasn't even gotten to ride in it for almost 2 years. So we started the search for a more family-friendly fun car . . . one that actually might carry our family, plus a few friends too. Our first hope was a VW bus. I've spent a lot of time looking for a VW bus that we liked, with a good price. And, although the VWs are plentiful, we just haven't found the right one. I started searching for the AGE vans as a second choice, and soon found them more interesting and fun that the VW buses.

So, here I am. Looking for the right van. I will have a lot of questions for you guys, even before I buy. I'm not that mechanically inclined . . . I can do bolt-on and bolt-off stuff quite well (brakes, shocks, etc), but I don't know wiring very well, I can't really fabricate much, and I certainly can't weld. Perhaps I shouldn't own a 50 year-old car, but that would be too logical.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and guidance.

- Jason
    Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post by Linoman Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Welcome SuperJason. Not being able to weld didn't stop me from being sucked into the Early universe. - Linoman
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Welcome Jason!!! Right now we have a member selling a van and he's in Holland MI. I have seen this van up close and it's a good runner and solid. You won't find many in MI this nice
    http://holland.craigslist.org/cto/2628645145.html
    SuperJason
    SuperJason

Number of posts : 95
    Registration date : 2011-10-03

Post by SuperJason Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:27 pm

I'd like to apologize for the "van snob" comment I made in another thread. It was intended in a poking-fun manner which didn't come across well when typed over a keyboard. The tread was locked before I returned to the forums to see that it didn't land the way I intended it. I assure you, it was typed with a friendly smile on my face.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:41 pm

SuperJason wrote:I'd like to apologize for the "van snob" comment I made in another thread. It was intended in a poking-fun manner which didn't come across well when typed over a keyboard. The tread was locked before I returned to the forums to see that it didn't land the way I intended it. I assure you, it was typed with a friendly smile on my face.

thank you SJ! Very Happy this was most appreciated!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi, I cannot find where to ask a question. Can you help me?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Ask in general or beteween the seats

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:28 am

Hi Very Happy , just registered from San Diego, CA.
    I'm a chevy fan but all this vintage vans look awesome!!!
    Looking for my first van but it's not easy, they are hard to find and even harder in OK conditions.
    Hope to post my first van's pics soon (as soon as I find her) and start having fun.
    Been lurking for info in the past 3 months, awesome site and lots of info, great van's pics!!

Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Welcome,Devimau.Your in the heart of some good vans around you,some great members in that area around ya too.Just keep lookin in the for sale area,it will find you.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Welcome!!!!
    whopman
    whopman

Number of posts : 387
    Registration date : 2010-04-01

Post by whopman Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Welcome to the best forum on the net!

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:50 am

Thanks guys, I know, this is the Van's heaven, I also work with jfox (member here with an A100, 225, 3speed on the tree) so I know exactly what I'm looking for.
    I saw a few but not convinced yet, on the other hand there's a 65 falcon window van in perfect shape, 240 with auto c4 and upgraded rear end for 5k.
    It's either that one or an A108 with a 318 and 3speed auto with good body for 3k.
    The thing is that I really want the inline 6 and 4 speed trans (either auto or stick).
    I also like the white G100 panel van that's listed here in the for sale section, the thing is that won't make the drive from Arizona to San diego
    What do you guys think?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:07 am

I doubt any 40 year old vehicle will drive anywhere unless you go through it and replace all the worn out equipment,,,,,,,
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:36 am

Welcome to all our new members!!! cheers

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Welcome Newbies to VintAGE-Vans.com! - Page 5 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Welcome aboard. And remember....there is nothing wrong with giving your self an "Early" Christmass present santa I'm sure you will find the right van for you.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:36 am

Wow its been awhile since I have posted ,so I will join the newbie masses......time to get back to those things I love...gardening,fishing,family, and of course vans!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:45 am