VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+28
JariV
econolineherb
Van crazy
dante81_98
EconoCarl
Seth G
Das Boot
BillyBlaze
EcoPU
Magic Bus
Vannin Ken
Gothboy
G-Man
xjamesx
RipVanArkie
VanninBlaino
back2thewoods
Rayallen
vanny
dix
Digz
Army of Six
mothradeath
Twinpilot001
Lyrad
jimthefred
Big W
3onthetree
32 posters

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels

3onthetree
    3onthetree

Number of posts : 308
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Empty Re: Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels

Post by 3onthetree Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 pm

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-1[/img]

Trailing arms are done and started the front brackets for them.

Lyrad
    Lyrad

Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2011-01-20

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Empty Re: Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels

Post by Lyrad Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:44 pm

I like the wood panel idea, very creative. Wana Trade Vans? lol
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:50 am

Lyrad wrote:I like the wood panel idea, very creative. Wana Trade Vans? lol

Thanks a lot.... Very Happy
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:34 am

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-6[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-5[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-3[/img]

Got the lower brackets built for trailing arms.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:41 am

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-2[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-7[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-4[/img]

Got the rear end in place and top brackets started for the upper links.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:13 am

That's a lot of work, but it's coming along nicely. Looks strong, which is a good thing.
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Post by mothradeath Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:55 pm

when is the body drop coming into play on your project and what kind of plans do you have for doing the front suspension?
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:59 am

mothradeath wrote:when is the body drop coming into play on your project and what kind of plans do you have for doing the front suspension?

Body drop around Thanksgiving. Front suspension is gonna be a drop axle, narrowed a bit, and some sort of 3 or 4 link. I have not ruled out putting a clip on the front, s-10 or Mustang II, but most likely gonna stick with straight axle.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:26 am

mothradeath wrote:when is the body drop coming into play on your project and what kind of plans do you have for doing the front suspension?

How is your project coming?
    mothradeath
    mothradeath

Number of posts : 217
    Registration date : 2009-06-17

Post by mothradeath Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:17 pm

ive got the money set aside to buy a mustang II but i think i had better wait till the holidays go by or i might have to use that money to find a new place to live. but as soon as im certain everyone elses gifts have been taken care of...its goin down. never a good idea to disturb the delicate balance of a household if you know what im saying. haha
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:44 pm

mothradeath wrote:ive got the money set aside to buy a mustang II but i think i had better wait till the holidays go by or i might have to use that money to find a new place to live. but as soon as im certain everyone elses gifts have been taken care of...its goin down. never a good idea to disturb the delicate balance of a household if you know what im saying. haha

I hear ya brother. Good luck and keep us posted. Very nice work.
    jimthefred
    jimthefred

Number of posts : 326
    Registration date : 2012-01-15

Post by jimthefred Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:24 am

isnt the steering shaft gonna give you fits? How are you gonna get around that? I am watching with lots of interest!!! study
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:40 am

jimthefred wrote:isnt the steering shaft gonna give you fits? How are you gonna get around that? I am watching with lots of interest!!! study

Probably. I have seen a few different ways of doing it, right down to a guy that used a steering box out of a VW van. Very unique with a top shaft that comes out the side. He used it with a Mustang II front end, but it was very interesting.
    jimthefred
    jimthefred

Post by jimthefred Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:05 am

That sounds like a winner! Take lots of pictures.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:07 am

jimthefred wrote:That sounds like a winner! Take lots of pictures.

We will see. One way or the other, I will get this thing slammed and driving. Like Vic says...nothing time and money can't fix.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 am

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-11

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-17

Decided to ditch the bags over the axle, I think it looked goofy, and I was able to squeeze them in over the trailing arms.

3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:54 am

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-16[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-15[/img]

Got allow the brackets tacked in for the 4 link and air bags.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:58 am

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-12[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-14[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-13[/img]

Got the new wheels, backspacing is perfect, got them powder coated white, and gonna run just a ribbed cap on them with a beauty ring.
    jimthefred
    jimthefred

Post by jimthefred Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 am

Lookin good!!! Makes me feel like working on mine!!! Very Happy
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:31 am

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4r8ts7hRxvE

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LbCk5fAKEoI

Here are some videos of the air ride from the inside of the van.

3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:35 am

3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:40 am

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-19[/img]

New top mounts for the 4 link.
    Army of Six
    Army of Six

Number of posts : 241
    Registration date : 2010-10-02

Post by Army of Six Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 am

awesome man. now i know how to 4 link an econo. thanks for sharing the build. i cant wait to hear how it rides and drives. i have been looking at bagging mine so..like you said..after the holidays.. i ll be getting more serious about it. keep up the good work!

PS. for those of you who are having a hard time watching the youtube links you just have to remove the m. at the beginning of the web address then refresh the page.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:53 am

Army of Six wrote:awesome man. now i know how to 4 link an econo. thanks for sharing the build. i cant wait to hear how it rides and drives. i have been looking at bagging mine so..like you said..after the holidays.. i ll be getting more serious about it. keep up the good work!

PS. for those of you who are having a hard time watching the youtube links you just have to remove the m. at the beginning of the web address then refresh the page.

Thanks for the help on the ifs. I am working hard to get the install started before Christmas. I have most of the parts, and the rear is just about wrapped up. Been slow working with the holidays.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:56 am

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-48_zps8cebe0cc[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 2 Image-48_zps7f8ca315[/img]

Found out the ring and pinion was bad in the first rear end. Travelled down to Jersey and picked up another one. Got all the brackets cut off and welded on to the new one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:50 am