VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
cali2chitown
JJCJR
6 posters

Source for Replacement Body Panels

JJCJR
    JJCJR

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2015-05-19

Source for Replacement Body Panels Empty Source for Replacement Body Panels

Post by JJCJR Tue May 19, 2015 12:52 pm

Hello to all, New member here in Miami, Florida. I just bought a 1963 Ford Falcon Club Wagon Deluxe. The van is super nice and has an inline 6, 170 ci. I found mine locally here in Miami and the price was awesome. My only problem is I'm missing a few items, plus the rear end needs bodywork.

I've found two places that have the replacement panels I need, but I can't find the rear valance. (The piece that goes from left to right under the rear doors and behind the bumper.)

Does anyone know how to get that piece replaced? Or do I need to custom fabricate it?

Thank for your help. My avatar is the front of my van, I will post some pictures of it soon.

Thanks.

JJ
    cali2chitown
    cali2chitown

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Source for Replacement Body Panels Empty Re: Source for Replacement Body Panels

Post by cali2chitown Tue May 19, 2015 1:08 pm

PM sent
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Tue May 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Welcome to VV JJ. I'm not sure, but I think that rear piece you are looking for may need to come from a donor van if you can find one in better shape then the one you have. Also I believe that someone in these forums was going to try making them but I'm not 100% sure.
    JJCJR
    JJCJR

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2015-05-19

Post by JJCJR Tue May 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Thanks Big W and cali2chitown. It's sad to see that no one makes a complete body panel replacement parts for these vintage vans and trucks.

I drove today and paid attention that no new cars on the street have body side molding anymore. What a shame...
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Tue May 19, 2015 11:52 pm

At one time D and D disc brakes sold those panels. They were flat, no cut out or ribs like the oem has
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Wed May 20, 2015 8:24 pm

The rear valance has always been high demand and so I look for them. Just sold two of them and may have another coming.  I have a large inventory Econoline parts and also  body and mount parts, spring mounts and so on. Been saving them from trucks for a long time. Complete rear half of pick ups, tire mounting brackets and so on. 
      HATE SHIPPING but its part of selling parts,, (drattzzzzzzz),,, in SoCal..
    Old Skool

Source for Replacement Body Panels 05510

Source for Replacement Body Panels 04010
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun May 31, 2015 7:43 pm

D and D still makes the aftermarket style roll pans.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:09 am