VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+2
cali2chitown
JJCJR
6 posters

Giving away a "Source for Interior Window Trim Panels"

JJCJR
    JJCJR

Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2015-05-19

Giving away a "Source for Interior Window Trim Panels" Empty Giving away a "Source for Interior Window Trim Panels"

Post by JJCJR Wed May 20, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi Everyone!!!

I did a Tempest Search of Econoline parts and found a guy in Tucson, Arizona selling parts. The ad is listed in the San Diego Craigslist. His ad says to email him a list of what you need, your name and phone number.

Well, after a few emails he responded letting me know he has 2 sets of Interior Window Trim Panels. One that is incomplete for $250 or both for $320. Only problem is that I'm in Miami, Florida and he's not willing to ship. He says one piece is about 11 feet long.

I've spoken to a friend who has relatives that lives in Tucson. They would be willing to make the deal and pick up the pieces and take them to a crating company. But between crating, and shipping, plus the price of the panels, I'm looking at way too much money right now.

So I'm passing on this opportunity that might never come around again. If anyone lives in Tucson or close by, the gentleman selling wants it all gone. He says he has lots of parts.

His ad title is "61-67 Econoline/falcon van -PARTS (Tucson Arizona)

Hope someone can benefit from this...

cali2chitown
    cali2chitown

Number of posts : 188
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Giving away a "Source for Interior Window Trim Panels" Empty Re: Giving away a "Source for Interior Window Trim Panels"

Post by cali2chitown Wed May 20, 2015 1:46 pm

That ad has been on craigslist for a very long time. The ad says he will ship at your cost, why won't he ship what you want? Not really sure about trusting whoever it is and haven't heard anything about him on here. Becareful!
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Giving away a "Source for Interior Window Trim Panels" Empty Re: Giving away a "Source for Interior Window Trim Panels"

Post by Bruce67Econoline Wed May 20, 2015 4:37 pm

I have a few sets here in Charleston, the shipping is what will kill you. I could do Fedex freight, and you could pick it up at their shipping terminal closest to you. I have quite a bit of inventory of early econo parts, including NOS Send me a PM if you are interested.
    Bruce
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed May 20, 2015 7:01 pm

Heck JJ, might be worth a road trip to South Carolina! Certainly much closer than Tuscon!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

Post by Old Skool Wed May 20, 2015 8:03 pm

I sell parts also here in So Cal,, and shipping is a pain to do, but part of selling parts.  Its a lot of work... anyways,,, I just shipped some quarter panels and a valance back East using GREY HOUND, and its not very bad. I had to go and hunt for big boxes and bought a air type staple gun. Wrapped in cardboard and took two of us to do it. MAXIMUM OF 150 lbs,, 
      They have a lot of unused/non paying empty space from place to place and are hungry for the buisness.  MUCH better than UPS (just cancelled my account with them?),, hmmmmmm.... 
      Only hassle is finding one that handles freight from place to place. Which means you have to find one close to you (that ships freight) and he has to also find one the handles freight close to him.
    Old Skool
    JJCJR
    JJCJR

Post by JJCJR Thu May 21, 2015 12:15 pm

cali2chitown wrote:That ad has been on craigslist for a very long time. The ad says he will ship at your cost, why won't he ship what you want? Not really sure about trusting whoever it is and haven't heard anything about him on here. Becareful!

Thanks, very true. He then lowered his price to $280 for all of it. But still far away from me.
    JJCJR
    JJCJR

Post by JJCJR Thu May 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Bruce67Econoline wrote:I have a few sets here in Charleston, the shipping is what will kill you. I could do Fedex freight, and you could pick it up at their shipping terminal closest to you. I have quite a bit of inventory of early econo parts, including NOS  Send me a PM if you are interested.
    Bruce

Charlestown is a better distance than Tucson or California. Bruce, I'll be in touch soon. Thanks.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun May 31, 2015 7:41 pm

That long piece of trim is considered oversize and it will kill you on freight. Fed Ex freight would be over $600 on that piece alone as I've priced side trim in pvc at 10ft length with them. It's too long for Greyhound also.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:59 am