VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+9
slowflapper
HandiVanMan
Big W
RodStRace
Barnabas
whopman
m1dadio
Magic Bus
G-Man
13 posters

New guy! New Questions!

New guy! New Questions! - Page 2 Empty Re: New guy! New Questions!

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:52 pm

G-Man wrote:MisterGrubbs, just look at the for sale section daily we'll find you one

Sounds good thanks!
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 pm

I tend to like the look of the long wheel base Chevys and Dodges best. I've seen some really sweet Ford Supervans but there is an awkward quality of that rear overhang, at least to my eye. Don't want to step on anyone's toes here - it's all good.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Big W wrote:Supervan has a big bum...lol. butt (no pun intended, or just a little) you could take this ( which is quite nice in itself)New guy! New Questions! - Page 2 67_ext10...and with a bit of work stretch that wheel base into this. Fill in what you moved back and you now have a long wheel base super.New guy! New Questions! - Page 2 L_98d410.. Welcome by the way to the best van site on the web.

I think that white super van is Gonna Look GREAT !!!

Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:47 pm

It's all good here. I to am not a big fan of the over hang, and if mine was in better shape and could be made road worthy again I would have to move the rear axel back and stretch the wheel base as I showed you in this thread. It certainly has lots of room though, but again that's just me. But when you find what you are looking for be sure to post lots of pics of how you do the sterio stuff. I want to put a thumpping great sterio in mine but don't have a clue on what do look for in equipment, or who to trust on getting good stuff mainly cus I don't understand the lingo when it comes to this stuff.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Big W - depending on what you want and what you want to spend, I can direct you to great places to buy stuff. I'm already waiting on a phonecall back from my distributor for a member here as we speak.

I have no issues explaining and helping where/when I can on the audio scene, as it's about all I know.

My audio will be completely different from yours(and it will take a LONG time to complete)

Dash will likely be updated with digital gauges and then fiberglassed - new door panels fiberglassed and filled with speakers, and a wall of speakers encompassing 90% of the cargo area, minus room for batteries and amplifiers.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Kool...can't waite to see what you come up with. My younger Bro is/was heavy into the audio scene, with his mazda RX7. The place up here at the time was called "CARtoons", and they had his ride dialed in at one ohm stable with about 7 grand worth of stuff in his car( that's what he said anyway). Ozzy's zombie stomp never sounded so good.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:39 am

Big W wrote:Kool...can't waite to see what you come up with. My younger Bro is/was heavy into the audio scene, with his mazda RX7. The place up here at the time was called "CARtoons", and they had his ride dialed in at one ohm stable with about 7 grand worth of stuff in his car( that's what he said anyway). Ozzy's zombie stomp never sounded so good.

CarTunes is down here in Georgia, too Smile

There's a HUGE difference between the 90's and now adays. Back then, a 1000w amplifier was OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. Now adays they are a dime a dozen, and they're making single amplifiers that produce better than 15,000 watts of continuous power. Granted, you need to be able to provide a ton of current to that thing, but it will make the power. The industry has just gone insane since the days that Rockford Fosgate was king.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:00 am

Ryan,
    The Ford is in fact probably you best best. As far as production numbers go they produced the highest numbers.

Ford then Dodge and Chevy had the lowest production numbers. So the parts availability go hand in hand with the number of vans produced.

Shame you weren't looking 2 1/2 years ago when I lived in Stockbridge, Ga.. There was a guy just up 85 from you in Palmetto, Ga. that had 3 Ford vans for sale for $2500 (For all 3). But just keep checking Craigslist and eBay.

Here's a couple close to you:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/2718271211.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/2641274653.html

Here is a link to "Search Tempest". Save this link on you desktop and you can search for Ford vans within 500 of Newnan just by clicking on it.

http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?location=30263&maxDist=500&region_us=1&search_string=%281964|1965|1966|1967|1968|1969|1970%29+Ford+Van%2C+-VW&keytype=adv&Region=na&cityselect=zip&page=0&category=8&srchType=T&subcat=cta&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

Hope this helps,
    Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

New guy! New Questions! - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Dan - Thanks! Palmetto is actually where all of my family is from - it's about 20 minutes up the road from my house.

The search engine is a great thing, appreciate that also!

That 66 Ford in the second link is already gone.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:37 am

Still looking, if anyone cares to know.

Also, for those of you who haven't been on that search tempest site lately or have never used it - they now have a section just for vehicles.

AutoTempest - it gives you tabs on the top to scroll through to check different websites. Pretty awesome.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:15 pm

keep checking our vans for sale section here. I am sure you can find what you need.
    BajaCharlie
    BajaCharlie

Number of posts : 619
    Registration date : 2010-01-07

Post by BajaCharlie Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:56 pm

I glanced at this quik so dont get to irrate if I repeat some stuff already said.U should get a Dodge A 108 the wheel base is long so the van doesnt look goofy with the ford overhang thing(someone mentioned the rear hangin weight effin w/ the steer'n)then find one with a 6 in it they have a ton of extra room in the engine compartment so u could add extra alternators.they also make the 8 door version which would allow huge openings on both sides of the van for music to blast from.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:47 pm