VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

New guy with a few questions

New guy with a few questions Empty New guy with a few questions

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:11 am

Hello,

New to the van community but have been collecting and messing with cars for many years. A few questions for you guys. Looking for a very nice van, ie, Dodge, Ford ect..not sure if i'm a fan of the pu yet. Will most of them still have the 3 on the tree or have they been converted? Looks like most of them come with a 6, do most of you guys leave the 6 in? And last quation.. what can i expect to pay for a nice one that have very nice paint and body?

Thanks for your help on this, i hope to fine one soon.

Vince
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

New guy with a few questions Empty Re: New guy with a few questions

Post by G-Man Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:58 am

Most still have the 3 on the tree still, all the econo's have 6's, Dodge and GM had V8's. In your area of the country you should be able to get a nice one for $2500-$4000
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:56 pm

welcome!
    A majority had 3 on the tree, but there are some that have autos.
    As for finding one with good paint and body, I'd suggest looking at every close one, even the rusty ones. That will teach you where to look on the nice ones for repairs.
    Body/paint is expensive, so it is smart if you can afford it to buy a finished one, but you don't want a 'cave and pave' special.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Yes, i have been burned a few times over the years with finding rust after the fact. In Calif its such a pain to get a car painted, my Boss 302 took almost a year and 10k to get done..never again. I saw the ad for the one in LA thats posted on here but 14k seems a bit high for a stock 6 3 speed on the tree. I do like the color though. I am waiting for another guy to get back to me. His is all done for around 8k which seems about right for what he has done to it. I don't mind paying market value for a real nice one..hence my post here i'm just not sure what that is. Thanks for the info so far.

Vince

Last edited by Vdavie on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 pm