VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+13
61econoline
EconoUSAparts
Casimier
BloodyKnuckles
DanTheVanMan
RodStRace
chester42
lectricman
Indian640
G-Man
Magic Bus
EconoCarl
thejonathanpaul
17 posters

NORTH FLORIDA NEWBIE here just purchased 63 Falcon van! Couple of questions

Old Skool
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1306
    Registration date : 2009-06-13

NORTH FLORIDA NEWBIE here just purchased 63 Falcon van! Couple of questions - Page 2 Empty Re: NORTH FLORIDA NEWBIE here just purchased 63 Falcon van! Couple of questions

Post by Old Skool Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Just re read,, that heater valve comes up on E Useless about twice year or so,, its almost impossible to find one. A lot of people prefer to update to a dash heater, and put in a later wiper motor to clear it. The factory block off plates are hard to locate also for the floor,,, I may have one or two hiding if you consider that route.
    vic
    EconoCarl
    EconoCarl

Number of posts : 1109
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

NORTH FLORIDA NEWBIE here just purchased 63 Falcon van! Couple of questions - Page 2 Empty Re: NORTH FLORIDA NEWBIE here just purchased 63 Falcon van! Couple of questions

Post by EconoCarl Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Good job guys. Must be nice having a group of vanners so close.
    thejonathanpaul
    thejonathanpaul

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2010-12-03

Post by thejonathanpaul Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Yes it was leaking we found that out. We wanted to
    find a new core before we took the current one to a radiator shop for repair worst case scenario.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:54 pm

You can use a Granada core and use the 65-67 style under floor valve,keeping the valve below floor and installing a dash control knob on the floor box in place of the existing control. It will still appear as stock outside the box.
    Indian640
    Indian640

Number of posts : 256
    Registration date : 2010-06-27

Post by Indian640 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:41 am

thejonathanpaul wrote:Yes it was leaking we found that out. We wanted to
    find a new core before we took the current one to a radiator shop for repair worst case scenario.
    You need to get a shop manual and study it, you`ll be amazed at what you can learn about these vehicles.. Art
    thejonathanpaul
    thejonathanpaul

Post by thejonathanpaul Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:59 am

I will definitely be getting one thanks. Dan already suggested it too.
    spoonerson62
    spoonerson62

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post by spoonerson62 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Hey there, I have a heater core I pulled out of my '62 falcon over the summer. It does not have the post for the temperature control knob. However, it is in my shed if you still need one.
    van islander
    van islander

Number of posts : 118
    Registration date : 2009-02-07

Post by van islander Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:53 pm

I was in the same boat. my temperture valve was leaking and the core was recently re cored so i cut the top off the valve and was going to install a cable valve under the van but i found a nos valve on ebay for 150, ouch. i bought it anyway pretty cold driving up here without one.
    thejonathanpaul
    thejonathanpaul

Post by thejonathanpaul Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:30 pm

So I tore out the old fiberglass and old floor-mat I found some rust that has gone through the floor board so definitely need to get this repaired asap! Not bad though for a 63 I guess.NORTH FLORIDA NEWBIE here just purchased 63 Falcon van! Couple of questions - Page 2 Photo-9
    NORTH FLORIDA NEWBIE here just purchased 63 Falcon van! Couple of questions - Page 2 Photo-1-1
    chicanoline

Number of posts : 87
    Registration date : 2010-06-02

Post by chicanoline Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:28 pm

UNDER FLOOR SWITCH WORKS SWEET MINE WILL FLAT BLOW YOU OUT IN5-7 MINS. VERY HOT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:04 am