VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+4
Scott
Vantasia
Twinpilot001
gkpost
8 posters

Couple questions.

gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Couple questions. Empty Couple questions.

Post by gkpost Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:01 am

So I'm getting close to being able to drive my van!!! Huge victory, can't wait!!! What I'm not looking forward to the massive attack of scoobie doo comments. So what I'm telling these pests now is that there was never a S/D van and the "mystery machine" was a Dodge, in the hopes that this will stop them(the pests)from continuing with the S/D thing.
    My question is am I right about the "mystery machine" being a dodge? Also my van is a 67 g-10 with windows on the passenger side and none on the drivers, what model is this?
    I'll be making a gallery when I get the van back from the exhaust shop in a couple of weeks.
    Happy vanning and thanks for all the help. ~ G.K.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Couple questions. Empty Re: Couple questions.

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:58 am

The van u have is called a = "DISPLAY" van as I am still wanting one like that in a 64-66 model! Twisted Evil Just start carrying a side arm!! kids wont bother you!! affraid lol! lol! lol!
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:10 am

scoobie was closest a 2nd gen chevy van, no one really bothers you with the SD thing, only at parades and i just say he's home or in the back asleep..don't let bother you, they mean well, worse is when they say hey, nice VW bus ya got there!
    gkpost
    gkpost

Post by gkpost Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:00 pm

It dose sting more when I get the VW, but its a van with a flat front end and after all the work, love and money I've put into it all I get is S/D! I know I'll get used to it, maybe even have some fun with it after a while but for now it kinda bugs me.
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:49 pm

The Scooby-Doo comment never seem to stop, and every-time they think their being original. I just let the comment ride by as my stomach turns at the thought of it.

People asking me if its a VW is a kick in the nuts though.

From what I've read the phone companies were real big on using display vans.
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:06 am

I just show them the bow tie on the nose and ask if does this 
    look like a vw emblem?
    and as for the Scooby do comments, I tell them he drove
    a Nylint, and they`re still lost.
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Post by Joe Van Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:26 am

It use to bother me when people said wheres Scooby to me.... But most all people watched and liked the tv show and I get smiles and waves unlike the other name I here us referred to as nobody likes the name (Creeper Van) at least I don't..!!!... As far as the VW thing people thought my 1941 Willys Coupe was a VW Bug so just wave to them since they don't know what they are talking about and probley are driveing a Sion themselves anyway just smile and walk on by...!!!.LOL.. Very Happy ... Couple questions. 57941710http://www.ebay.com/itm/Van-Tshirt-Chevy-dodge-Vintage-70s-Van-Style-shirt-/131532876202?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9ff869aa

Post by gkpost Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Holy crap, very nice car!!!!!!!
    gkpost
    gkpost

Post by gkpost Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:51 pm

The phone company thing works for me. When I was striping the paint there was evidence of two tone whit a thick( 6 inch ) white stripe down the middle. It really looked phone company'ish .
    Xelmon
    Xelmon

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-10-11

Post by Xelmon Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:26 pm

OOO, a display, lucky lucky man!

Somewhere I've read that the shag wagon mystery machine is based on 1st gen G-van, just because of how the lights are arranged.

One oddity I've found is that nobody has so far called my van a VW. Then again, it does help that the front has GMC, and the rear has Chevrolet plastered on it.
    Lazarusvan
    Lazarusvan

Number of posts : 1293
    Registration date : 2011-02-22

Post by Lazarusvan Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:43 am

Xelmon wrote:OOO, a display, lucky lucky man!

Somewhere I've read that the shag wagon mystery machine is based on 1st gen G-van, just because of how the lights are arranged.

One oddity I've found is that nobody has so far called my van a VW. Then again, it does help that the front has GMC, and the rear has Chevrolet plastered on it.

I've definitely gotten the VW thing. That' all most people know. 1st Gens most closely resemble a VW more than any of the other Earlies. I'll take VW over Scooby every day.

I got Scooby from someone at the resto shop who saw my van. I told him hardcore vanners would injure him for that comment. Doesn't bother me, but I'd rather not hear it, either...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 pm