VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+8
63 vanup
Speedfiend
Barnabas
mexbob
econopoor
AZ SuperVan
Twinpilot001
'fish
12 posters

Best engine choices for my van

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Best engine choices for my van - Page 2 Empty Re: Best engine choices for my van

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:34 pm

any local rebuilder shouldbe able to  either -rebuild yours or  have one  rebuilt already - well less than 1 grand on a crate for you to pickup! After all its a ford 6 !! not like building a stroker  hemi motor! Moore like on the scale of 600-800=MAX!! cores-thats a way the builders just make  more $$too . That price should also be with the  complete gasket set also. Call around to the engine builders in your area & just ask them  on pricing.im sure you must have a friend in the auto repair buisness that can also call & get aprice for you  thats not like   doing for a real customer retail pricing! cheers as u dont state where in calif u are?? there should be 100's of engine builders in that state-u just need to look locally -ask some questions & see whats avail for u there! Some builder there should have that 200 cid ready to install too. or a larger one ??
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Best engine choices for my van - Page 2 Empty engines

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:49 pm

just for a look -theyre around!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/65-72-FORD-MUSTANG-FALCON-170-ENGINE-AUTOMATIC-TRANSMISSION-STRAIGHT-SIX-MOTOR-/151445195949?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2342d64cad&vxp=mtr

freight might add maybe 200 to that yet maybe if u email him?? & dont want the tranny?? he'dtake 450.00 for the engine?? + 200 frt?? still wayyyyyyyyyyy below 2 g's !! cheers cheers
    'fish
    'fish

Number of posts : 222
    Registration date : 2011-12-27

Best engine choices for my van - Page 2 Empty Re: Best engine choices for my van

Post by 'fish Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:40 pm

I do appreciate your input

Most of the cost is  using American made parts, the rebuild kit alone is more that 900, Im not sure where you get those numbers but the cheapest rebuild I found here was 1400 using American made parts.

400 engine
    200 freight
    1400 rebuild
    2k plus I have to do a ton of moving stuff around work to make this happen, its worth the extra  200 to me to have it delivered to my garage with a 3 year warrantee, from a very reputable builder.

If I really needed to save money I would have rebuilt it myself, I just don't have the time.

By the way the last Hemi crate engine I ordered was over 15k so yea they are a bit different. Wink
    mexbob
    mexbob

Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2014-11-15

Post by mexbob Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:16 pm

To a WORKING MAN TIME IS MONEY, to a retire man - TIME is: Have fun doing it yourself and staying out of the wifes way!
    63 vanup
    63 vanup

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2015-01-09

Post by 63 vanup Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:17 pm

This might be a good deal for someone.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/4837493156.html
    'fish
    'fish

Post by 'fish Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:42 am

63 vanup wrote:This might be a good deal for someone.

Yea that would have been perfect... A day late a great deal missed
    'fish
    'fish

Post by 'fish Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:48 am

mexbob wrote:To a WORKING MAN TIME IS MONEY, to a retire man - TIME is: Have fun doing it yourself and staying out of the wifes way!

Some day soon, some day....I do most of the work on the van during my lunch hour.
    'fish
    'fish

Post by 'fish Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:28 am

I was able to cancel my engine order, and get ahold of this seller I pick up the engine Sunday!

I can thank you enough, I have been scouring the classified for weeks now, never saw this one.

If your ever down this way stop by we will talk van and have a beverage!
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:43 am

GOOD 4 U on that!! Just takes some looking to save!! now = when ever u need auto parts?? try =www.rockauto.com-- i order from them often- cheaper than locally even with freight usually!! and-- as im 2500miles from them-- they will ship- cheap too= fed x or usps (small stuff) & all will be from their door to mine within 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They also will give u a 5% disc code too!! Winner -Winner =chicken dinner!! cheers cheers
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:33 am

'fish wrote:

I was able to cancel my engine order, and get ahold of this seller I pick up the engine Sunday!

I can thank you enough, I have been scouring the classified for weeks now, never saw this one.

Just one more reason to love all of the amazing folks here on VV. Don't forget it's a new year. Time to help Chebby keep this site afloat.
    'fish
    'fish

Post by 'fish Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:02 pm

Twinpilot001 wrote:GOOD 4 U on that!! Just takes some looking to save!! now = when ever u need  auto parts?? try =www.rockauto.com-- i order from them often- cheaper  than locally even with freight usually!! and-- as im 2500miles from them-- they will ship- cheap too= fed x or usps (small stuff) & all will be from their door to mine within 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They also will give u a 5% disc code  too!! Winner -Winner =chicken dinner!! cheers cheers

I know but I'm serious Ive been looking for weeks and this pops up the day after I place the order lol timing is everything... Wink
    I got my body panels from Mac's great service prices and fast shipping
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:36 pm

Seems like a nice score! What was the ordered engine going to cost you?
    'fish
    'fish

Post by 'fish Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:27 pm

The one I had ordered was 2400 delivered to my door 3 year 60k warrantee

I got this one for 600 cash and a long drive, it looks awesome, the guy was a Ford guy through and through had several in the garage that were in show condition, the engine had come out of the Ranchero, he said it had been rebuilt a couple years ago, already has the electronic distributor, by the looks of his cars (totally polished out Fords, there was a Comet, a Ranchero I think a Galaxy in the back, he had just sold his Econoline!)I doubt this motor has more than 5-7k miles on it, I couldn't be happier

And yes Ill donate some of my savings to the sight I didn't even know it ran on private funds..

Best engine choices for my van - Page 2 20150111

Best engine choices for my van - Page 2 20150113
    Best engine choices for my van - Page 2 20150114

Best engine choices for my van - Page 2 20150115

Best engine choices for my van - Page 2 20150116
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Congrats....That's a nice motor you have there.
    uante
    uante

Number of posts : 1466
    Registration date : 2014-01-26

Post by uante Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Yeah nicely done!
    'fish
    'fish

Post by 'fish Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:44 am

Bruce67Econoline wrote:
    'fish wrote:

Just one more reason to love all of the amazing folks here on VV. Don't forget it's a new year. Time to help Chebby keep this site afloat.

Done and done, thanks for letting me know
    BlueSteel
    BlueSteel

Number of posts : 111
    Registration date : 2013-05-15

Post by BlueSteel Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:09 am

Damn, thats nice! Congrats!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:28 am