VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Radiator choices=??

Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Radiator choices=?? Empty Radiator choices=??

Post by Twinpilot001 Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Hello to ALL!!- Ive been watching some of the threads on radiators & choices. I have to admit -im old skl type and am like all learning new things. The aluminum radiators are really nice and cool great - yet as another vanner in the group stated = the copper radiator is repairable = when damaged- cools as good as an aluminum and as ive had to have radiators repaired on trips before. Im staying with thye copper types. Id hate to be on a run - have / need a radiator repaired & no shop could do--- in usually =the most desolate place anything could happen. Remember =Murphy's Law-if it can happen at the worst time it will happen!! my 2 cents worth. at least i could fux it with a hardware propane torch & solder!!

Radiator choices=?? Empty Re: Radiator choices=??

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Aluminum rads generally cool better than standard rads simply because the dissipate heat better. For instance the three core Griffin aluminum rad I used in Vanishing Breed cooled better than a 6 core standard rad would if they even made one. Plus aluminum rads are welded so no solder ever needed.
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Aluminum Radiators ... are the best way to go performance wise ..... But there Just like a Bic lighter .... when there done there done .... No fixing them when there bad ...... Just toss it .... Buy a new one .... when the copper radiator leaks you can fix it .... if you can find any body who knows how ..;.. that is slowly becoming a Lost Trade .. due to the throw it away mentality of today ...... Nobody fixes anything any more ......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am