VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+19
Udo
Linoman
NitroAcres
Bluelemon
Bruce67Econoline
Seth G
chate
ndjarrett
Vannin Ken
RipVanArkie
cole63
Big W
mothradeath
dix
vanny
econopoor
RodStRace
G-Man
Ddavllc
23 posters

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck

NitroAcres
    NitroAcres

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2014-04-05

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Empty Re: Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck

Post by NitroAcres Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:40 am

What kind of seats are those??
    Interior is a really nice job, and provides inspiration for me..thanks (as does the whole truck).
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2013-11-07

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Empty Re: Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck

Post by Ddavllc Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:35 am

Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:56 am

Hey Everyone. I am posting here as well as the parts section... I wanted some spring special trim pieces to complete a tailgate trim piece.. I ended up having to buy a complete set from a guy and
    I am only going to use the two U shape pieces and 1 of the long stainless pieces and 1 long metal piece. the set I have is complete and in good shape... I really hate to cut up a complete set so if anyone has just the pieces I need to do my project. PM me and well figure out how to trade things around so this complete set stays together..
    Don
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Fri May 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Photo12

This is what they should have done......spring special on tailgate to finish off the cool ass trim
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Fri May 23, 2014 4:00 pm

You're Right, that looks GREAT Don! I've always loved that trim and the taillights look awesome as well.  cheers

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post by Linoman Mon May 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Nice looking truck. Like the front bumper, do you know what it came off of?
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Mon May 26, 2014 5:21 pm

I believe it's off a 68 Camero. I like it but I am planning on modifying it during the paint this winter
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm

I couldn't leave well enought alone........ I just stripped Winstin down and sent him to the body shop for a complete show quality paint...I'll upload pic's tomorrow
    Udo
    Udo

Number of posts : 247
    Registration date : 2014-07-07

Post by Udo Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:59 am

Ddavllc wrote:I am finishing up the Vintage air system and I'll have a complete set of photos and a diagram of hose routing. I have been reading all your post and read someone needed help with this..

Also I am still willing to sent the exploded PDF in anyone wants a copy just pm me your email address...

PM on it's way!
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:18 pm

To all those wanting pic and diagram I'll load them over this coming weekend...
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Empty Winstins getting a n ew suit

Post by Ddavllc Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:40 am

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Img_0010

these are photos of work being done now

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Img_0012

Primer

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Img_0110

custom made fiberglass tonneau cover... i made a mold for this as wells as the custom side panels and corner pieces..

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Img_0111

these are the sides and corner pieces... mind you the are not painted yet but i am sure you all can vision my thoughts

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Fullsi10

Last edited by Ddavllc on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Udo
    Udo

Post by Udo Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:37 am

That is brilliant man, love that cover!
    Primer looks like epoxy, yeah?
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm  pretty sure it is.. I thought the truck was strait to begin with.... Man was I wrong. Now it's a work of art. I shaved the bolts from the grill and it now bolts in from behind. The hot rod shop I'm using here is doing a great job. I am going to use  Frost Turquoise (Light Auqua) Color. That the color the interior was.   I'll be loading more pictures this weekend.. It should be in paint by next week then the fun begins again.... Puttin it all back together again! Third time alway the charm right? I started a thread about the tonneau cover I should and will be using it to let people know ther is a mold so if someone else wants one it's now available

Last edited by Ddavllc on Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:25 pm

Can't wait to see it complete. Looks Fantastic and Great Job with the tonneau cover! I'm sure you'll be getting lots of requests! cheers

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    Udo
    Udo

Post by Udo Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Yeah the semi gloss of the epoxy primer really shows little imperfections, dents, etc.
    Great to do a coat and then fill in the dents etc and them epoxy again over top.
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:38 pm

Hey all.. thought I would share some pictures of Winstin with all the stuff back on. I am in the middle of putting new interior in and should be done by the end of this weekend. I am never taking this truck apart AGAIN !!! I have learned a ton of new things like taking the ignition switch out takes about 5 minutes but putting it back takes an hour. Make sure you label ALL OF YOUR Wires not just the pretty colored ones...Black or green doesn't mean ground....be specific on the color you want( that's a big one). I have had a great time with this truck and look forward to finally just enjoy it.

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Tattoo11

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Tattoo12

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Tattoo13

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Tattoo14

Powder coating. I did the tailgate pins and the grill. I also modified the grill to remove the bolts from the front. It now bolts in from the back.

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Tattoo17

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Tattoo15

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Tattoo16
    Udo
    Udo

Post by Udo Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Wow man, that is stellar! affraid
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:38 pm

That is Gor-Jusssss! Love the wheels and the Chrome trim!!! cheers

Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:56 pm

awesome looking paint job. Love the color. Congrats on getting her done. cheers
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:59 am

Beautiful truck. I'll want to get one of those tonneau covers when I finally get an epup.
    NoBiggie
    NoBiggie

Number of posts : 726
    Registration date : 2012-09-26

Post by NoBiggie Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:07 am

Really sweet!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:28 pm

very nice work going on there...

Number of posts : 334
    Registration date : 2014-01-23

Post by FIZGIG Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:18 am

If we are putting in orders I want a tonneau cover too.
    Ddavllc
    Ddavllc

Post by Ddavllc Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:22 pm

This is as far as I got this weekend on project in the interior. Fred Carello made the engine lid for me. The seats are from a 66 Mustang deluxe. headliner and sun visors were just recovered along with the back surrounds by myself.

I made a mold for the Tonneau cover and side panel. it is still at the paint shop and I will post when it's completed. I want to make sure it fits in perfectly so I don't suffer from foot in mouth disorder...

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Interi10

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Interi11

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 Interi12

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 More_010

Build Thread for Ddavllc 66 E-Truck - Page 3 More_011
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Can't beat Fred's work. Good stuff.

Duane in Tennessee

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:39 am