VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+28
JariV
econolineherb
Van crazy
dante81_98
EconoCarl
Seth G
Das Boot
BillyBlaze
EcoPU
Magic Bus
Vannin Ken
Gothboy
G-Man
xjamesx
RipVanArkie
VanninBlaino
back2thewoods
Rayallen
vanny
dix
Digz
Army of Six
mothradeath
Twinpilot001
Lyrad
jimthefred
Big W
3onthetree
32 posters

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels

3onthetree
    3onthetree

Number of posts : 308
    Registration date : 2012-01-25

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Empty Re: Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels

Post by 3onthetree Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:02 am

Got the steering box mounted.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1811[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Empty Re: Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels

Post by 3onthetree Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:06 am

Put a scrap piece of steel on the floor so I could mock up the steering column. Sat on 4 inches of wood get the height of the seat.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1812[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1813[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1814[/img]

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:28 am

Looks Vantastic! Nice workshop too!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:43 am

Thanks alot, we did get some more done over the past few days.  This thing has taken over my life.  I might need to spend this weekend with the wife and kids so they dont disown me!

Got the steering done.  Used the factory Isuzu connector from the box to the column, and then had to use one Borgeson joint to connect the box to the rack.

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 <a href=Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1810" />

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 <a href=Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1811" />

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 <a href=Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1812" />
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:46 am

Got a few more accessories on the motor. Installed the wiring harness. For anyone considering putting an EFI motor in their old Hot Rod, it is worth the money to get one from Ford Motorsport. Installed this one in about an hour. Plug and play.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1813[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1814[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:48 am

Had to move the side saddle tank in the van to the back. Moved the sender to the side to get the same reading.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1815[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1816[/img]
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:27 am

Thats coming out AWESOME!!!
    VanninBlaino
    VanninBlaino

Number of posts : 361
    Registration date : 2011-05-30

Post by VanninBlaino Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 am

That looks awesome! Haha, 1 day with the wife and kids = 2 good days in a garage.
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:27 am

I like your math! But it has been 1 day with the wife and kids, and 6 days in the garage....

VanninBlaino wrote:That looks awesome! Haha, 1 day with the wife and kids = 2 good days in a garage.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:03 am

HAHA!!=Looks like above in one pix the wifie is out checking on you & as such -means u didnd do something she asked u 2 do?? affraid lol!  see those leggs??
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:15 am

Started on the wiring this past weekend. Got the dash lights, gauges, and all the switches working.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1817[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1818[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1819[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1820[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1821[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:17 am

LOL...... there she is, cant seem to get away from her, I think she was telling me that he truck would not start...and how come I have time to weld a gas tank, but dont have time to put a battery in her truck...priorities....

Twinpilot001 wrote:HAHA!!=Looks like above in one pix the wifie is out checking on you &  as such -means u didnd do something she asked u 2 do?? affraid lol!   see those  leggs??
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:18 am

Got the air ride gauges and switches hooked up today. Gonna use OG heater knobs and bezels behind the switches so they look factory.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1822[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:21 am

Got the master cylinder and the booster mounted yesterday. Had to channel part of the frame to get is to sit right, and now we will box around the mount.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1824[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1910[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:33 am

When I first started this build, I thought I was gonna use the inline 6. Now that we have gone with a 5.0 motor, I am gonna upgrade to a 9 inch. Borrowed a 3 inch cutter from a buddy and narrowed the housing. Gonna put a 4:56 gears and a Trac Loc for the chunk.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1825[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1826[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1827[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1829[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1830[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:49 am

Got the compressors mounted today for the air ride.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1831[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1832[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:50 am

Momma has to bring food out, no time to stop...6 pack of grilled cheese!

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1833[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:53 am

Pulled some trim off an old front clip that I had lying around. 1956 Desoto Firedome. Looks cool, but I think Im gonna extend it to just behind the front doors.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1834[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1835[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:55 am

Got the exhaust system built. 2 Flowmasters, the tips will come out the side of the van in front of the rear wheels.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1836[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1911[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 am

Here are some overall shots. I know I have alot of work to do, but I can see the little light at the end of the tunnel. Im sure most of you are looking at this thinking I am nuts, but compared to what she looked like a month ago, we are getting there.

Here is a shot of the motor and suspension.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1912[/img]

From outside the driver door.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1837[/img]

Motor and dash from the rear doors.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1838[/img]
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Oh Man, you are doing some Righteous Work there! Let me say that I'm loving the way you have everything so neat and clean. Not only is the work outstanding, but the fact that you're making all the efforts to keep everything tidy is A1 in my book! Nice Piece of Work!!! BTW, those grilled cheese sandwiches look wicked awful good !!!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:25 pm

Wow getting alot done quick, The Nat's will be in New York in 2014. I think I see one of the winners if you make it. The dash is over the top Cool Cool 
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:24 am

Wow, what a nice compliment. You have me inspired to work harder to get it done. 11 months from today...I think we got it. Will see you guys there...

Thanks again.

G-Man wrote:Wow getting alot done quick, The Nat's will be in New York in 2014. I think I see one of the winners if you make it. The dash is over the top Cool Cool 
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:27 am

Got the brake booster and master mounted and boxed the frame on both sides.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1913[/img]

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1914[/img]
    3onthetree
    3onthetree

Post by 3onthetree Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:34 am

Worked on getting the exhaust tip out the side of the van in front of the rear wheel.

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1915[/img]

Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1916

[img]Got the 66 in her spot for the Winter....Body Drop and Air Ride Woody Panels - Page 8 Img_1917[/img]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:26 pm