VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+18
gregw98
virtual
BILLS66
67a 100 pickup
Linoman
Donn
DanTheVanMan
Twinpilot001
econopoor
Admin
dix
NipRing
HandiVanMan
G-Man
Coyote
RodStRace
jrinaman
Magic Bus
22 posters

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan?

67a 100 pickup
    67a 100 pickup

Number of posts : 1319
    Registration date : 2009-01-29

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could somebody on this forum help out GMan?

Post by 67a 100 pickup Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:54 pm

I'm in for a couple if this is the route Chris wants to go. I'm not that far away and can make room for Project G here if needed.
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could somebody on this forum help out GMan?

Post by BILLS66 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:00 pm

I Would also be in for 2. Bill
    virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by virtual Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:00 pm

I'll do whatever is needed to help out. I think timing is a major factor.
    gregw98
    gregw98

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by gregw98 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm in for a few. If I win it, I'll raffle it off again with all proceeds to Chris. or just store it and then give it back to him once he recovers. Maybe someone could take it to the Nationals and sell more tickets there. Anyone have a friend or relative in the vehicle transportation business/ Maybe we could get a tow company involve that would transport the van to the winner just for the price of fuel.
    VCVCSmiley
    VCVCSmiley

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by VCVCSmiley Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 pm

chebby wrote:
    HandiVanMan wrote:Chebby,
    I totally agree with the PayPal idea & if Chris agrees to do it I am all for it. I would love for Project G to stay in the club. If Chris agreed & we raffled it off we could also have an option to sell enough tickets to cover the $4500 for the van & a couple of thousand for the shipping charges. Say 65 tickets at $100 each or 130 tickets at $50 each. I think either way that with us having over 1000 members tickets would go quick!!!

We do have over 1000 members, but far less than that are active... We would also need the support of the active members of VCVC to make this happen! I really don't think that would be a problem.... does anyone else? Maybe even some members of Vannin.com would support this... I think Virtual can help us get the word out should we decide to do this....

Keeping in mind, one person can buy multiple tickets... THAT is a GOOD thing for this project, IF Chris agrees to it....

PayPal takes a percentage of monies transferred (they have overhead too)... V-V.com will cover this so G-Man will get ALL of the proceeds to raffle tickets sold!

Thank you all for your input! Keep it coming!

This has come as a bit of a shock, to say the least. Without a doubt, VCVC will help out however we can.
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 pm

When my mother passed I was very unprepared to deal with the financial burden. A member of my agency began a fund at a local credit union where anyone could deposit money into the account.

If someone near Chris could initiate that, we all could transfer a donation of any amount into the fund to help him. Hopefully enough family, friends and anyone else reading this thread can raise enough money to ease the financial burden and Chris can have a peace of mind and focus on his health.

Additionally, Chris's vans can stay put (where they belong) until he is ready to turn their keys again.
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:49 pm

The account can be set up where people can wire donations bank to bank, send it in the mail straight to the bank or the bank may even accept Paypal. This way Chris, or his designee, will receive 100% of the donations.

Buying raffle tickets is a noble idea, but I would not feel comfortable if I won his van. Chris deserves to enjoy his van and continue his project after he beats this thing

I wish you the best bro.
    blackace
    blackace

Number of posts : 450
    Registration date : 2010-09-16

Post by blackace Thu May 03, 2012 8:11 am

I would definately be in for a couple of tickets and hope out in sellng more at any of our car shows that we have around my area.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 pm

If i won the ticket i still would not accept the van. ...

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2011-08-27

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan? - Page 2 Empty Put me down for two tickets to help out Chris!

Post by Leftcoast65 Thu May 03, 2012 6:38 pm

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Chris . . . but like most here I have read his post . . I like the raffle idea as he stated he need to downsize his Van holdings due to moving to a smaller house. With that said put me down for two tickets if the raffle idea is OK with Chris and we can get this done on the up and up.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 am

maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding G-Man will be keeping his 69 and Digz has agreed to take over his 64 project...

so with all our good intentions having a raffle, it's no longer an option...

Chris will still need your prayers and positive thoughts as he undergoes treatment and battles his illness..
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri May 04, 2012 12:49 pm

You are correct Chebby. Chris and family have decided to keep the 69 for now. And Digz has the 64 project. Sometimes things work out pretty quick and the raffle idea was a good "plan B" if no one could afford to buy his vans. Now we all need to pray for the best during his treatments.

Dan

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan? - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:23 am