VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+18
gregw98
virtual
BILLS66
67a 100 pickup
Linoman
Donn
DanTheVanMan
Twinpilot001
econopoor
Admin
dix
NipRing
HandiVanMan
G-Man
Coyote
RodStRace
jrinaman
Magic Bus
22 posters

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan?

Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan? Empty Could somebody on this forum help out GMan?

Post by Magic Bus Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 am

Ive seen a similar offer for guys going through tough times on another forum.

Forums are like families, families help each other out

Is it possible that somebody could buy one or both of Chris' vans and store them for a while to see if maybe in a while he could be able to buy them back at the same price?

Of course this would be his call, if ok with him.

Im not able to do it by myself but may be able to partner with somebody on something?
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan? Empty Re: Could somebody on this forum help out GMan?

Post by jrinaman Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:21 am

money is very tight since i quit working but i could manage a small percentage. split it 8 ways? best i can do, sorry.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan? Empty Re: Could somebody on this forum help out GMan?

Post by RodStRace Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:44 am

I'd be willing to help, but don't have the cash to buy either one outright and all my vans sit outside in the AZ sun right now.
    I'd be happy to join into a group effort though.
    Coyote
    Coyote

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2012-04-25

Post by Coyote Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:25 am

Hey guys, just joined up about five seconds ago. I don't know anything about Gman, his vans, or really anything else specific to this site. Are there any links to his vans? I'm "potentially" in the market, pending location and price. The sell-back proposition is a little...funny to me, but let's see what we're working with here!
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Post by RodStRace Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:52 am

Here is the link for all his posts.
    The top 2 are about selling his vans.
    If you look through the rest of his posts, you will find that he is a great guy that contributes much to this site.

https://vintage-vans.forumotion.com/spa/G-Man
    Coyote
    Coyote

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2012-04-25

Post by Coyote Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 am

Thanks, and yes, after a quick look around I see that Gman is quite respected around here. Unfortunately his vans are a little too $$$ for me, but I will be sticking around here searching for "the one." GLWYS Gman!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:23 am

The thought is very nice from you guys and I thank you for it, but we have to down size just in case. Get a smaller house smaller yard. I have to think of my wife first and make sure all is in order for her. There won't be room for toys like the 69 & 64. If you guy want to help selling a project like the 64 is always harder. And it need to go so I can get out of my rental unit for my business. Other than needing the bodywork finished & paint I have pretty much everything to put it together after paint. What I'm asking covers the motor only. there a rebuilt 700 trans , it has air bags, tubbed, not holding back all the parts go with it.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Post by RodStRace Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:50 am

G-man, I'd love to shoot another van (ignore my shoulder screaming!), and have access to the same college booth I did mine in.
    However, between the distance (1900+ miles) and finish bodywork I'd have to call in favors for (easily done, but may be time-limited), it just doesn't seem like it would ease your burden. I might be able to get time off to come up and help assemble (Overhaulin' crew anyone?) if you can get help to get it to that point.
    What I'm trying to say is that whatever help I can offer within my limited means is yours for the asking. Just know that I'm pulling for you and will do what I can for you.
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:45 pm

i would be willing to give a few days work to get it closer to done, if that helps. i am 5 hours away and do fair to good body work, not a pro.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:15 pm

really don't want to put money in it now, thank you all for your offers. Going to craigslist it in a few day. May have to part out the good stuff and scape the body. Don't have months to mess with this.
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Chris,
    This is just a thought & I don't know if you would be interested in doing it but what about selling raffle tickets for Project G? I would be down for it at $50 to $100 a ticket.... 90 tickets at $50 or 45 at $100
    I would just about bet that there would be enough of us here that you could sell enough tickets at either amount!
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Post by RodStRace Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:14 pm

HandiVanMan, good idea, but lotterys or raffles run by an entity that is not a recognized non-profit can get you into heaps of trouble if not handled properly. Gotta get a lawyer in on that.
    NipRing
    NipRing

Number of posts : 336
    Registration date : 2011-08-14

Post by NipRing Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:17 pm

HandiVanMan wrote:Chris,
    This is just a thought & I don't know if you would be interested in doing it but what about selling raffle tickets for Project G? I would be down for it at $50 to $100 a ticket.... 90 tickets at $50 or 45 at $100
    I would just about bet that there would be enough of us here that you could sell enough tickets at either amount!

I'd be interested in that.

And Chris, i really hope things work out for you and your family. I almost feel guilty being interested in your vans. Chin up!

Bill
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Rod,
    Well since you mentioned getting a lawyer involved it just so happens that my wife calls me mr know it all & on a lot of ocassions she also calls me mr lawyer. So i got that covered. No problem with the lawyer. lol!
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:53 pm

I'M IN ON A TICKET... IF YOU GUYS GOT IT TOGATHER....

Post by jrinaman Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:43 pm

i will by a couple.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

HandiVanMan wrote:Chris,

When I heard the news and what Chris is up against, I had the same thought, raffle that is, but didn't know what to do with that thought...

I do recall (I think) I have a bunch of tickets from previous endeavors, more than enough... If you all want to sort out the details (how much, how long it will run, and the minimum number of tickets that will be needed to sell before the raffle is held), I am proposing raffle ticket purchases could be through PayPal... I could set up a button/page on our site and feature it on the home page...

For every ticket purchased, I could either post what your ticket number(s) is/are in a thread dedicated to the raffle, or email/PM the purchaser with their number(s)... We can figure out these details if a raffle is indeed what we will do...

Another detail that will have to be addressed, is the raffle winner agrees that they incur the transportation expenses upon winning...

I would like to hear more thoughts about this....

Last edited by chebby on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling, punctuation... damn my English teachers! :))
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Chebby,
    I totally agree with the PayPal idea & if Chris agrees to do it I am all for it. I would love for Project G to stay in the club. If Chris agreed & we raffled it off we could also have an option to sell enough tickets to cover the $4500 for the van & a couple of thousand for the shipping charges. Say 65 tickets at $100 each or 130 tickets at $50 each. I think either way that with us having over 1000 members tickets would go quick!!!

Last edited by HandiVanMan on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

Post by econopoor Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Even thought I sure don't need another project I would be glad to join in on a raffle to help out. I've never made it far enough north to meet Chris but have hoped I would soon.

Chris. I've have a few friends that have battled cancer. It can be beat. Please don't give up! Fight it with all you have. I'm not a church going man but I do know prayer does work. You have a lot of friends here and all of the praying sure can't hurt. I'm praying for you and will help all I can.

Duane in Tennessee
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:23 pm

im in-good thinkin
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:04 pm

HandiVanMan wrote:Chebby,
    I totally agree with the PayPal idea & if Chris agrees to do it I am all for it. I would love for Project G to stay in the club. If Chris agreed & we raffled it off we could also have an option to sell enough tickets to cover the $4500 for the van & a couple of thousand for the shipping charges. Say 65 tickets at $100 each or 130 tickets at $50 each. I think either way that with us having over 1000 members tickets would go quick!!!

We do have over 1000 members, but far less than that are active... We would also need the support of the active members of VCVC to make this happen! I really don't think that would be a problem.... does anyone else? Maybe even some members of Vannin.com would support this... I think Virtual can help us get the word out should we decide to do this....

Keeping in mind, one person can buy multiple tickets... THAT is a GOOD thing for this project, IF Chris agrees to it....

PayPal takes a percentage of monies transferred (they have overhead too)... V-V.com will cover this so G-Man will get ALL of the proceeds to raffle tickets sold!

Thank you all for your input! Keep it coming!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Folks. This is a wonderful idea. I've been sitting around all day trying to think of a way to buy his vans and the storage of them. This seems to be to sudden for any one of us to pull off alone. HandiVanMan: The raffle idea is most certainly a way many if not all of us can help, good thinking! You know I'm in!

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Could somebody on this forum help out GMan? Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:23 pm

i would buy 2 to help chris, ive never won anything and dont know what i would do with it. i do like the idea of keeping it in the club.
    Donn
    Donn

Number of posts : 692
    Registration date : 2009-04-05

Post by Donn Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

I'm in..
    There is talk of an East coast van show this summer, maybe we can sell raffles there or do it as a benefit?
    I'll check what we can do.
    My prayers are with you Gman
    Linoman
    Linoman

Number of posts : 329
    Registration date : 2010-06-14

Post by Linoman Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:14 am

I'm ALL for a raffle to help G-Man out.
    But in Michigan raffles need to be licensed by the State through a Charitable Organization as they are considered a "game of chance" & as such are gambling. If we were talking about some parts I wouldn't worry about it, but for a van or two we don't want to run afoul with the State. I'm on the board of a Non-profit here in Holland Mi & would be willing to run it pass my fellow board members if we could offer our non-profit covering for this. It does take about 6-8 weeks to get a license. With G-Man needing to move his vans sooner than latter some one would need to store them during the raffle so he can move out of his building. Sorry for being long winded, so many thoughts & want to do right by Chris. ~ Tim

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 pm