VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+5
mcfly
texasjohn
G-Man
Magic Bus
Big E
9 posters

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone

Big E

Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2010-03-05

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Empty Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone

Post by Big E Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Looking to buy my first van I had all kinds of car's now it's time for a old van. I found this one in Ohio he will take 1300 cash let me know if it's a good deal . The van runs and stops but needs a new gas tank. Your feedback is needed . THANKS for your help.Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Bj-elc10

Last edited by Big E on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no pictures)
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Empty Re: Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone

Post by Magic Bus Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Cant tell what year it is but doesnt look too bad. I just bought a 67 econoline for $800. It wouldn't run or stop. Had no seats bolted in, and needed alot of TLC... about $500 later it does run and stop. Its in the ballpark , prices vary widely in different parts of the country...Rust is a BIG issue in the midwest.. Good luck.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Empty Re: Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone

Post by G-Man Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 pm

If the body is good thats a good price for the Midwest

Where in Michigan???

Welcome to the site
    texasjohn
    texasjohn

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by texasjohn Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:28 pm

its hard to believe , but people want more than $1000 for something that dosnt runor stop.
    Or dosnt even have a motor. But if everything is there and its not totally rusted out then offer him a 1000 and see what happens.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 pm

texasjohn your lucky to live on the other side of the river, this side he should be asking for more
    mcfly
    mcfly

Number of posts : 626
    Registration date : 2008-11-10

Post by mcfly Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:53 pm

G-Man wrote:texasjohn your lucky to live on the other side of the river, this side he should be asking for more

Once again I am in agreement with G-man. I know it is a broken record but rust is such a part of life here.
    The way I feel lately I believe it is creeping up on me.

mike

Oh yeah ,welcome to the site

Last edited by mcfly on Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    texasjohn
    texasjohn

Number of posts : 672
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by texasjohn Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Post by Guest Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:21 pm

mmm, i love me an 8 door! welcome Big E!! any van is a good van! cheers
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Empty Thanks for the info guy's

Post by Big E Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:59 am

I have been looking for some time for a clean almost rust free van willing to pay good money . There just isn't many around Mich . The van was listed on Ebay a week ago they never got any hit's on it the van does have it's orig paint very little rust the only thing I don't care for is it's a supervan I would like a shorty. I think I'm going to buy it but still keep looking for the right van I like all the makes anything from the 60's . I'll post new pictures when I get the van to it's new home . Thanks everyone for the info.
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Empty TO GMAN

Post by Big E Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 am

I live in Warren Mich your not that fare away do you have van member here in Mich that meet at car show's or just get togther and work on everyone's project's . Please let me know thanks
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:32 am

To echo others here, a solid body trumps just about anything else on these. You say you've had all kinds of cars, so you likely know that you can sink a TON of money into getting rid of rust, and may never totally win unless you cut out half the original body (or more in some cases).

You might want to expand your search to further south for one that doesn't have these issues. Most probably have rust to some extent, but it is amazing how many with little or no rust are still out there. You say you're willing to pay good money, so perhaps having one shipped from Calif or Ariz, etc might not be a bad way to go. I'm sure many of us on here would be willing to check one out for you if they are nearby a van you are considering.

One note, I too prefer the shorties. Don't want to offend anyone here, because they are all good in their own way, but the Ford Supersvans have that back section just tacked on to the original wheelbase. The Dodges and Chevys have the extended wheelbase, which makes a big difference to my eye. However, to each his own.
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 am

Welcome to the site!
    Living in CA and AZ, that seems a bit high for a less desirable body, but the rust level is a big factor, even here.
    Running and stopping is better than many at the lower end; they tend to get put out to pasture for years, then sold. Mine had been sitting for 5 years and had no brakes and didn't run. I had another engine, so I wasn't worried about what would be big things to most, but minor to me. The body is what is major to me!
    Just like any neat older vehicle, now that you have one others will pop up and you may even have people come up and offer info or other vans. Get it on the road and you will find more!
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:31 am

Id get exactly what you want the first time. Get parts vehicles afterwards.
    Welcome to the site .
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Empty To all the mich guys out there

Post by Big E Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:42 am

I would like to find a shorty make doesn't matter must have very little rust . If you should find one I'm interested I would like to find one already in Mich or Ohio . I don't want to send money out of state Mich is on hard times would like to help out someone here in mich that needs it . THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME OUT .
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:05 am

Try craiglook.com
    Also post a wanted ad.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:20 am

Big E Looking only in OH & MI you may have to wait a little longer to find one, but there here.(don't know if you'll get as good a deal as that Supervan) If your heart is set on a 90" get a 90". In defence of the Supervans if done right they are cool. The coolest one I have seen have been raised up about 4-5"inches.
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Empty If anyone is interested in the supervan

Post by Big E Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:30 am

I'll give you the guy's number I think I'll keep looking for the shorty it's a good buy for 1300 I think all orig paint runs stops orig owner van good tires too . If interested will send number. Has anyone looked at the shorty listed in flint it looks to be clean all most rust free he is asking 3000 I think it's a little over priced by looking at the work that needs to be finsh what do you guy's think. It's a 1962 ford e van craigslist flint.

Last edited by Big E on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info)
    itruns
    itruns

Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-03

Post by itruns Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:42 am

Welcome in Big E. A lot of us have gone through what your now going through. As G-Man says, "Let your van find you".

I was all over Craigslist and Ebay and couldn't find a damn thing in the Chicago area. Then one day - BAM - there "they" are! - a former Californian shorty A100 camper with a V8/Auto and a rusted out twin parts van Smile I probably paid a couple hundred more than what they were worth, but what the hell, I fell in love the moment I saw them. sunny

As far as the shorty vs extended goes, I love them both. The shortys may look a little cooler, but the extendeds are still 100% Early and little more practical considering the doghouse takes up a good chunk of floor space. Just be careful whipping around that tail in the parking lots Very Happy
    itruns
    itruns

Post by itruns Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:47 am

Yeah Chris, that jacked up white Econoline is really nice.

Big E, not that I have a line on anything, but are you partial to Fords or will a Dodge or GM work for you as well?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:54 am

Heres that listing
    http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/1621543848.html

Everyone always asks higher than what they want, you may get it for less???
    I will warn you projects like this sometimes don't have or have lost some parts so buying something tore a part maybe a hassle down the road. Trust Me this is the story on my 64. I know you people out west see this and say wow!!! they are asking way to much for this van, but most of our vans that were here have rusted away years ago
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Empty TO everyone helping me out

Post by Big E Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:23 am

The make doesn't matter to me it must be a shorty . I was thinking of offering 1700 for the van listed in flint . If anyone has a nice one that they would be willing to deliver to mich let me know I would like to help out someone in mich.

Last edited by Big E on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:55 am

I looked for Ester for almost a year, like you I wasnt looking for a particular brand. I was looking for a shorty and it had to be a panel. I found mine in AZ and after ALOT of talking with the owner, I was assured that it was a very good driver. So I few out to drive her back. The pictures I got were not of the van in its present condition but I took off with her despite her issues. Ester made it 65 miles before I had to call the tow truck.

Point being, they never seem to be as good as they are made out to be. I got a parts van after that and the rest, as they say is history. Look for a good solid base van and go from there. Come on...............................................spring.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:36 pm

welcome, you have come to the right place!
    Big E

Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Empty G-MAN do you have pictures of the lifted supervan

Post by Big E Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:52 pm

post pic's if you have them please my friend is interested in buying the supervan. I told him about the lifted one you were talking about he would like to see pic's of it.

Last edited by Big E on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add info)
    itruns
    itruns

Post by itruns Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Raised extended Econoline
    Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone 100_0322

Bob's A108 hightop camper (very cool)
    Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone Pictur10

'69 A100 Display van (windows on passenger side + rear) that was for sale ($1,500) It was rather clean unmolested southern van.
    Hi everyone new member here looking foward to meeting everyone 100_0320

Here's some more pics. The Silver/Purple A108 has a 440 Big Block. The Blue A108 8-door has extra leafs from the days when it was a moving van.

https://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae91/AlwaysSober/Cruisers%2008/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:32 pm