VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

64' shift linkage

64' shift linkage Empty 64' shift linkage

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:58 am

I just baught a 64' G van. Drove fine when loading onto the trailer. Was jammed in gear when I went to unload. I kinda forced it into nuetral and now I have no reverse, first or third. Only second. Has this happened to anyone and do you have sugestions on what steps I should take next?? Evil or Very Mad
    64' shift linkage My_g_v10
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

64' shift linkage Empty Re: 64' shift linkage

Post by Scott Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:04 pm

WOW

You bought an A and a G about the same time, you looking for an E now?

Sorry, cant help with the question..
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:26 pm

If you forced the shift lever, and now you don't have 1st and reverse, chances are pretty good that you broke the ball end off the shift lever in the column. But go and reset the trans back into neutral by removing the rod at the trans lever and put both of them back into neutral. And then look and see if the bushings are worn out on the rods at the trans and up inside the front grille.

64' shift linkage Ttrans10

64' shift linkage Shift_10

64' shift linkage Empty sixty FIVE G

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:26 am

My van is a 65 not a 64.WTF? Duh. I took a look at the linkage. I busted the bracket that attaches the rod to the trans selector knob. It was cracked to begin with. A buddy of mine is welding it for me. I was able to rig it up with a small pair of vice grips, a 3/8 beam clamp and 5 or six wire ties just so I could drive it around. Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:49 am

Let us know how it goes Brian. Did you still get the A-100 too? Congrats on the purchase!

Once you get her on the road, we'll have to have an Old Line Vanners meet somewhere.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 am

I really wanted the A van but the cost of getting it here in a reasonable amount of time was nearly what I paid for the van. I got a cheaper quote but they couldn't get it here till the end of December.I was going to drive my truck out and tow it back but once I figured gas, trailer rental and expences , I was right back at paying almost double for the van. I bought this G in PA. Picked it up the same night. I drove it to work today. Ran really good. Even at highway speed.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:00 am

Sweet!

You should c'mon over and join up over at vannin.com as well.
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

64' shift linkage Empty The 64....

Post by DanTheVanMan Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Was wondering who bought this van. Glad a real vanner got it, someone who will take care of it. They all have issues as we know. Looks pretty good on the outside from the pic...

DanTheVanMan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:49 am