VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

shift rod/ linkage grommets and bushings

LSG
    LSG

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2014-06-19

shift rod/ linkage grommets and bushings Empty shift rod/ linkage grommets and bushings

Post by LSG Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:52 am

My 1967 sportvan108 shift linkage is worn...I haven't been unable to find replacement bushings/grommets for the front fork & rods to the trans..does anyone know where I can find replacement bushings/grommets...thanks
    diamond dave
    diamond dave

Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2012-04-24

shift rod/ linkage grommets and bushings Empty Re: shift rod/ linkage grommets and bushings

Post by diamond dave Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:05 pm

I have heard that the truck shift bushings don't fit really good, and may need modified to work. haven't done enough research to be able to tell either way. I know that g.m. wouldn't have any reason to use different shift bushings on the car, truck , and van.
    LSG
    LSG

shift rod/ linkage grommets and bushings Empty Re: shift rod/ linkage grommets and bushings

Post by LSG Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:09 pm

Thanks...I haven't been able to find any...let me know if you find anything out
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:31 pm

Here u go -also I know i have purchased "oilite" bronze  bushings -from my local wholesale bearing places=several times - u just need an id & od & width!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=shift%20bushings

Here i am helping the ="KIDS" again!!= affraid lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    LSG
    LSG

Post by LSG Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Thank you very much
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:41 am

Check with member Macsdoghouse over at VCVC, he has a limited supply of genuine NOS GM front and rear bushings. The correct front are actually split top and bottom halves like top hats that you put in from each side of the lever, makes it easy so you are not trying to force a grommet through the hole with the shifter up there in place. The rear are like large grommets, important thing there is the thin washers on each side to keep them from getting chewed up. They are called thrust washers and are like 0.031 thick, when you take off the E-clip, see if they are there on both sides of the bushing, they help keep the rod from twisting when you shift. Again, check with Mac, he is very generous with the price if he still has them, sent me a set just a few months ago. You can also make fronts from any bronze or nylon bushings that you turn down to fit, I used them until I got the correct ones, no difference in the feel or performance, same for the backs, just find a grommet that fits, grommets are a little softer but are so cheap you can replace them yearly if they wear out....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 pm