VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

need a heater......

lectricman
    lectricman

Number of posts : 339
    Registration date : 2010-04-07

need a heater...... Empty need a heater......

Post by lectricman Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:01 pm

I have the heater box in the floor and the core is bad.... how hard is it to put the 66-67 heater box in my '62??? I don't want to cut the dash for the controls but I could fab up a panel for them... is it pretty much a bolt in???? any help or info is greatly needed and appreciated guys..... Thanks....
    econopoor
    econopoor
    Econoline Guru

Number of posts : 1747
    Registration date : 2010-04-18

need a heater...... Empty Re: need a heater......

Post by econopoor Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:28 pm

It's mostly a bolt in. You'll need to cut the holes for heater hoses where they come thru the floor. The later floor has two dimples for them but you could make do without. Only problem you might have is the wiper motor may hit the heater box. The best deal would be to get the wiper motor and bracket from the same truck that the heater box comes from. You may need the switch as well depending on the wiper speed. Some were two speed and some were one speed. Switch and motor must be the same.

Duane in Tennessee.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:52 pm

I have one for sale if you need one.

Kevin
    ibuiltit
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Quick and east fix,remove yours and match it up to a Granada core of the same size,then use an inline vallve under floor. You can install the valve control cable in place of the valve currently installed on the right side of the floor heater box lid. Thats the cheapest and easiest way and everything will still appear stock.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 am