VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

63 heater issue

twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2013-01-02

63 heater issue Empty 63 heater issue

Post by twinlinemoto Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:15 pm

Hey everyone,
    My econoline heater motor decided to quit working on me last summer, but I didnt really need it then so I didnt fix it. Now its winter, and I need it! I replaced the motor with a new one from Macs, but I still have no fan action. I pulled the switch apart and cleaned and lubed it with some dielectric grease and tested it - working well. After putting it back in the truck I still have no fan action! Any other Ideas? Thanks!
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

63 heater issue Empty Re: 63 heater issue

Post by austinmodhouse Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:23 pm

did you check to make sure you have 12v to the switch and to the motor when switch is ON? check the motor before you installed? something is loose/shorted somewhere if your motor and switch are good. not a lot of wiring there.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Also check it has a good ground, we had 12v to ours but the ground was bad. Moved the ground and it worked again. If you have a long piece of wire you can connect the ground wire from the motor to the ground on the battery.
    twinlinemoto
    twinlinemoto

Number of posts : 77
    Registration date : 2013-01-02

Post by twinlinemoto Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:46 am

Cool, thanks. As soon as I have the motor running well I will be tackling the heater.
    Another question, my heater valve cable is broken. Anyone know where to buy replacements that allow the use of the stock cable plunger?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:04 pm