VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+55
Vannin Ken
SportVan
chester42
NipRing
Scotts_A100
millwright71
ndjarrett
66 Surf Wagon
Joe Van
Wheelie
Jay 13
Chevboner
Gothboy
sandyvan
dix
the_surfing_guy
southern man
kookykrispy
Space Truckin
vanny
dodge man
thatcherworks
ScottyJones
pan58head
Big W
m1dadio
austinmodhouse
mbasaraba
Lazarusvan
mrclean
LiveWire64
sparky
SDEconoTruck
EconoCarl
Twinpilot001
Nightmoves
BILLS66
sasktrini
Scott
Digz
64chevy
wylee
wacko
RipVanArkie
wideload
DanTheVanMan
mo_1040
itruns
savage
BvrWally
Vanish
G-Man
Kakster
VANagain
donivan65
59 posters

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Empty Re: Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe

Post by donivan65 Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:46 am

,,,,,,,,OK,,,,we get Scotty and Sean to drive in and create a diversion,,,,,,then we sneak out the back......

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Scott_10
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Number of posts : 322
    Registration date : 2013-02-22

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Empty Re: Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe

Post by Wheelie Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Thats a cool color combo! I hope they correct the issues. They should be bending over backwardsto do so!
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Wed May 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Good memory, Joe! I do miss those tattoos and bosom! BUT, it sounds like the new girl is getting results. I called her two weeks ago and she got the owner to commit to a three week completion date. I checked with her yesterday and she said they are on schedule for finishing next week!!

Could it be?! I can hardly believe it. Stay tuned...

(Don, get your calculator ready so you can tell me how many days I've been without my van!)
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Wed May 01, 2013 1:02 pm

You need to throw a "Getting out of Jail" party once you get her back! Hopefully the long wait will have been worth it. I know you're itching to put the finishing touches and get her back on the road where she belongs! Good luck and keep us posted...

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    the_surfing_guy
    the_surfing_guy

Number of posts : 409
    Registration date : 2012-08-15

Post by the_surfing_guy Wed May 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Nice work...wish I would have gotten a thicker coat of adhesive on mine! I had to re-do parts...looking good!
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed May 01, 2013 3:24 pm

Good to hear you van is getting out soon. Many a van sadly spends Hard Time at the body shop
    VANagain
    VANagain

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Empty Van no-go

Post by VANagain Fri May 10, 2013 4:23 pm

I went to do the “final” inspection of my van at the body shop, hoping to sign off and bring it home, and this is what I found:

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Bodysh10

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Bodysh11

Still touching up where the clear came off, and putting better coverage of paint along the bottom, as I had requested. Even though I couldn’t bring it home today but I’m glad I went in. I pointed out a couple other areas that they were not planning to do! Not to mention, seeing it now with the cargo doors open, I could see that the backsides of the hinges didn't really get painted! Now is the time!!!

The steering wheel looks nice! (It's not bolted on tight yet.)
    Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Steeri10

So I should be done next week. I can rest easy knowing they’ve got their newest guy on it 100% now. Razz
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Post by dodge man Fri May 10, 2013 4:31 pm

you know if it was theres they wouldnt have missed all those spots, its hard to get a good paint job,
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Fri May 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Sadly =Typical!! get it done the cheapest way!! Evil or Very Mad Yet=get the big bucks 1st!! affraid
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri May 10, 2013 5:38 pm

I should be back on the 23rd,,,,,
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri May 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Love the two-tone steering wheel Very Happy Hopefully it will have been worth the wait if they get it done right! The cold weather in Chicago's already got Don thinking about coming back to the warm weather!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri May 10, 2013 6:28 pm

After about a month on the road, this road trip wears really thin,,,,so I look forward to getting home and getting back to my old routine,,,,,
    dodge man
    dodge man

Post by dodge man Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 pm

its always nice to get away, but even nicer to get home and sleep in your own bed
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Fri May 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Just make sure you're well rested before heading back! You'll need your energy to help Rich get his van back, one way or another!!!

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri May 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Chances are pretty good I will see that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, van again
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Fri May 10, 2013 7:27 pm

At least it's taped off so they will get to it soon
    wideload
    wideload
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 1388
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

Post by wideload Sat May 11, 2013 4:58 am

I CAN'T SEE THE PIC'S!!!!! Sad Wish I could figure out why????

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Empty Back to..........VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe

Post by Joe Van Sat May 11, 2013 5:39 am

Donivan looks like you are having a good time on your trip minus the few speed bumps have a safe trip home... cheers... VANagain I have had a few Vans and Cars painted myself over the years. From a month in the body shop to a year it can be frustration BUT it will be well worth it when its done. Even tho they are taking forever they are doing it the right by taking it all apart. IT looks AWESOME and I am sure including myself that the majority of us would love that paint job on there Van. There is light at the end of the tunnel should be home in no time good luck... cheers .. ...JOE VAN...
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat May 11, 2013 7:22 am

VANagain wrote:I went to do the “final” inspection of my van at the body shop, hoping to sign off and bring it home, and this is what I found:

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Bodysh10

Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Bodysh11

Still touching up where the clear came off, and putting better coverage of paint along the bottom, as I had requested. Even though I couldn’t bring it home today but I’m glad I went in. I pointed out a couple other areas that they were not planning to do! Not to mention, seeing it now with the cargo doors open, I could see that the backsides of the hinges didn't really get painted! Now is the time!!!

The steering wheel looks nice! (It's not bolted on tight yet.)
    Back to......VANagains NEWest 65 Chevy SportVan Deluxe - Page 16 Steeri10

So I should be done next week. I can rest easy knowing they’ve got their newest guy on it 100% now. :P

,,,,3 pictures here, Mike,,,must be your WiFi,,,,,,
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Post by Wheelie Sat May 11, 2013 8:56 am

Its looking pretty good. I like the color combo
    VANagain
    VANagain

Post by VANagain Wed May 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Paint is done. Now they are doing the "buff and cut". And the glass guy can now put in the windshield (using the good rubber gasket I got from Don) and the side windows that are not pop-outs. I should be bringing it home on Friday!!
    dodge man
    dodge man

Post by dodge man Wed May 15, 2013 1:01 pm

i'll bet you cant wait,, keep sending us pictures,
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed May 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Great News!!! Glad this ordeal is almost over for you
    Wheelie
    Wheelie

Post by Wheelie Wed May 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Congrats man!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Wed May 15, 2013 2:41 pm

We're all thrilled for you Rich! It's been a LONG time for you to be without your van. Time to celebrate on Friday! Reunited and it feels so good! Wow, can't believe I went there...drunken

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:52 pm