VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

4 posters

Wiper Repair on the 65 SuperVan

Wiper Repair on the 65 SuperVan - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiper Repair on the 65 SuperVan

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:43 pm

THat looks good to me. I took off the west coast mirror. Will drop it off sometime at your place.
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Wiper Repair on the 65 SuperVan - Page 2 Empty Re: Wiper Repair on the 65 SuperVan

Post by Digz Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Looks REAL good !
    61econoline
    61econoline

Number of posts : 655
    Registration date : 2009-04-16

Post by 61econoline Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:25 pm

pretty good match looks good
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:32 pm

cost me $15 for tinting, and almost $30 per spray bomb (got two just in case it takes a while before a repaint happens!) OUCH, but nice match. Thanks guys.

I do have a name for the van: The Shambulance (don't know if I mentioned it to you demondog...). Either means "not an ambulance" or "shaggin ambulance", I guess I was amused when my buddy used the term! I can make it work!

BTW demondog, I almost set up to come get that 300... unless you want to use your truck when it's ready... not sure if I should arrange a ride to come get it though. Let me know. I could maybe have a guy tomorrow if you are home.

Last edited by sasktrini on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 300)

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Home til about 2. Then to visit relatives. Maybe get the steering link off. My trucks plates run out tomorrow til I get some coin to replate.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:41 pm

I'll check... would need you to use your tractor to lift it into the pickup.

Speaking of the steering drag link, I've wrecked the one on the Grimstone van, but it was also worn like the one on the green van... I hoped the Grimstone one would be good. Anyway, my ball joint tool doesn't quite line up to remove these things very easy.

I'll call you by 11am if I'll be able to get out there.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 am

There is no hurry to pick up the motor til you are ready to get it to rebuild. I do belive the drag links are mor important so you can drive safely.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:59 am

Thanks... haven't swapped the drag link on yet, but did start digging in to the engine! Hopefully, I can get it disassembled and hire a shop to inspect, clean and machine it! That will be another thread though! The "wiper" thread is virtually done!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Yeah I was in Walkers yesterday and talked to Dan about the paint match. I said it was a good job. He did not do it, but a newer fella to the business did it for you.
    That green looks better than the military vomit green color.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:12 am

demondog wrote:Yeah I was in Walkers yesterday and talked to Dan about the paint match. I said it was a good job. He did not do it, but a newer fella to the business did it for you.
    That green looks better than the military vomit green color.

I'm eventually going to have to get them to match that color too (to try to get closer to factory).
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Post by sasktrini Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:23 am

Swapped on the drag link... seems to have tightened everything right up! Haven't taken it on the highway yet, but I may today. Thanks DemonDog!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:49 am