VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

Roof repair

sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Roof repair Empty Roof repair

Post by sasktrini Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:12 am

I started ripping out the wooden "headliner" in the van. Do you remember what looked like screwheads on the top of my roof? Well I found about 7 wooden 2X2 crossbraces screwed in from the roof! I'll fill it in when I get my welder home.

My question is: can someone post pics of what the roof supports are supposed to look like? The roof is smooth with that "H" shape. How are they secured to the top rails? How much of a gap is left between the cross support and the roof skin? AND would I just bend sheetmetal around a wooden template to fabricate new supports?

Thanx,

P.S. - just for laughs, I'll add a pic of the mess i'm dealing with when I can get it out of my camera... until then, I hope you can just take my word for it!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Roof repair Empty Re: Roof repair

Post by sasktrini Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:16 am

I saw a couple good pics of Vantiquity that may help... it looks like they fit quite close to the roof skin, not much of a gap at all. Still looking for advice to do this job. Thanx.

Roof repair 2960709_149_full
    Roof repair 2960709_150_full

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:58 pm