VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Vacuum lines

Jesse's Chevy Van
    Jesse's Chevy Van

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2022-01-03

Vacuum lines Empty Vacuum lines

Post by Jesse's Chevy Van Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:12 am

Need vacuum diagram for 1977 Chevy Van g20 350 eng.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Vacuum lines Empty Re: Vacuum lines

Post by donivan65 Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:35 am

,,,,if,,,,,,you are really asking about a 1977,,,,,,,,,,is all the equipment still there, like air pump, thermostatic air cleaner, vacuum advance, transmission modulator, egr valve,,,,,,or are hoses just hanging there wondering where to go or missing........is it a Federal Emissions vehicle or a California,,,,,

savage likes this post

Jesse's Chevy Van
    Jesse's Chevy Van

Post by Jesse's Chevy Van Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:12 pm

Everything is there original. The van was parked for over 20 years. I made it run. There was a rat that cut some wires and hoses. The wires I was able to put back together but some hoses are missing. The van runs good but does not shift automatic I had to go to 1st second and D manually after a stop. I notice the hose for the advance at the distributor is missing and some others. and it seems there was a T for two hoses which are cut. My van does not have the hoses diagram on the front of the engine. Can any one send me a picture of the diagram. Thanks I don't know if it it California I was registered in Texas.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:02 pm

What carburetor is on it,,,,,,,how many vacuum ports does it have on it,,,,,do they all have hoses on them,,,,,,if there is a vacuum modulator on the trans, is it hooked up?

savage likes this post

Jesse's Chevy Van
    Jesse's Chevy Van

Post by Jesse's Chevy Van Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:45 pm

It is a Rochester Quadrajet. One of the metal lines goes from the front of the carburetor to the passenger side and the hose is missing another metal line comes from the transmission up between the distributor and the carburetor no hose on it. There is a unit under the driver's side floor about 6 in from the transmission It has two odometer cables one goes to the transmission and another one a long blue odometer cable goes to the odometer. This unit also have a long vacuum line that ends on a white plastic T. Can you please tell me how that part is called. I am trying to put some pictures but don't know how. The pictures are in my cell phone and I am writing on my computer. Thank you for any help.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:50 pm

Since your van is not an Early, this topic will be moved up to our Early Enough section, tomorrow night, where people with vans that have hoods hang out,,,,,,,,I have got a 78 G30 with a 350 engine and trans,,,,what power brake system do you have,,,a vacuum booster or Hydrovac that runs off the power steering pump,,,,,,do you see a cruise control unit hooked up to the speedo cable,,,,,,is the PCV valve hooked up,,,,does the engine have an air pump on it,,,,,,is there a vacuum hose connected to the trans?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:12 pm

Heres some 78 vacuum lines,,,,,

Vacuum lines Dscn0216

Vacuum lines Dscn0217

savage likes this post