VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Edelbrock PCV vacuum the same as the Power Steering vacuum port?

Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Edelbrock PCV vacuum the same as the Power Steering vacuum port? Empty Edelbrock PCV vacuum the same as the Power Steering vacuum port?

Post by Scott Wed May 11, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm rotating my Edelbrock 1405 carb to help the throttle and kickdown linkage, but it puts the vacuum port for the PCV into the insulation of the doghouse. There's a plugged port on the other side of the carb. thats normally used for Power Steering. Can I use that one instead, or is it a different kind of vacuum?
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Edelbrock PCV vacuum the same as the Power Steering vacuum port? Empty Re: Edelbrock PCV vacuum the same as the Power Steering vacuum port?

Post by jrinaman Wed May 11, 2011 6:28 pm

99% sure its the same. have 2 at shop, i will look in morning.
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Edelbrock PCV vacuum the same as the Power Steering vacuum port? Empty Re: Edelbrock PCV vacuum the same as the Power Steering vacuum port?

Post by jrinaman Thu May 12, 2011 5:08 pm

it will work, both direct ports to intakeEdelbrock PCV vacuum the same as the Power Steering vacuum port? More_c10Edelbrock PCV vacuum the same as the Power Steering vacuum port? More_c11
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Thu May 12, 2011 9:06 pm

Thanks for checking j-man, I flopped it around tonight. I also stuck a 3" carb lift under it to get my cables to keep from running into the valve cover.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 pm