VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+3
Dan Scully
rustytoolss
Keith D
7 posters

I need help identifing this part (to power assist?)

Keith D
    Keith D

Number of posts : 405
    Registration date : 2016-11-25

I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Empty I need help identifing this part (to power assist?)

Post by Keith D Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi All,

I received a few extra parts when I my 67 A108. I know that some of them are for power assist steering. The hose setup that I have attached a picture of is what I am trying to identify. It has 4 hoses on each end and preformed hardline in the middle. I assume that it goes to the power assist but I do not understand why it has four hoses instead of two.

I can't find any documentation as to how a power assist steering system is configured.

If you know what it goes to please let me know, any assistance is appreciated

Thanks...Keith

BTW this is my first attempt to post a picture, so fingers crossed.
    I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Power211
    I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Power211
    I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Power311
    I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Power311
    I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Power512
    I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Power512
    rustytoolss
    rustytoolss

Number of posts : 624
    Registration date : 2013-07-19

I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Empty Re: I need help identifing this part (to power assist?)

Post by rustytoolss Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Those are the hydraulic pressure supply/return line for your power assist system. Jump over to the topic ... How rare is power steering on A's   good info and pictures there. The reason that there are 4 lines ,is because it is a power "assist system" and not ture power steering. Ford/GM/ mopar all used them on several models over the years. I think that even corvette had it at one time.
    I just pulled up the topic for you " How rare is power steering.........A's" just above your post . good luck
    Keith D
    Keith D

I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Empty Re: I need help identifing this part (to power assist?)

Post by Keith D Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:56 pm

rustytoolss wrote:Those are the hydraulic pressure supply/return line for your power assist system. Jump over to the topic ... How rare is power steering on A's   good info and pictures there. The reason that there are 4 lines ,is because it is a power "assist system" and not ture power steering. Ford/GM/ mopar all used them on several models over the years. I think that even corvette had it at one time.
    I just pulled up the topic for you " How rare is power steering.........A's"  just above your post . good luck

Thank you for the information.

I can't figure out say from the pump you have two lines, where do the other two lines go to? Same on the ram side you have two lines to the ram where do the other two lines go to?

I sure wish that there was an illustrated parts breakdown somewhere that showed how all the pieces fit together. I have the pump, ram and some brackets but I know that I am missing a part or two.
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

Post by Dan Scully Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Keith D wrote:
    rustytoolss wrote:Those are the hydraulic pressure supply/return line for your power assist system. Jump over to the topic ... How rare is power steering on A's   good info and pictures there. The reason that there are 4 lines ,is because it is a power "assist system" and not ture power steering. Ford/GM/ mopar all used them on several models over the years. I think that even corvette had it at one time.
    I just pulled up the topic for you " How rare is power steering.........A's"  just above your post . good luck

I can't figure out say from the pump you have two lines, where do the other two lines go to? Same on the ram side you have two lines to the ram where do the other two lines go to?

I sure wish that there was an illustrated parts breakdown somewhere that showed how all the pieces fit together. I have the pump, ram and some brackets but I know that I am missing a part or two.
    Here is pic for a sweptline truck with power steering ,the A-100 is basically the same.I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Powera11
    Keith D
    Keith D

Post by Keith D Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Dan Scully wrote:
    Keith D wrote:

Here is pic for a sweptline truck with power steering ,the A-100 is basically the same.I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Powera11

Thanks... That helps a lot...I am missing the part that is at the top of the picture, I see now why there are 4 hoses on each end.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Post by donivan65 Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:25 pm

basically  pump to control valve on drag link then drag link to ram on center link,,,,

I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Ps_ass10
    Keith D
    Keith D

Post by Keith D Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:03 am

donivan65 wrote:basically  pump to control valve on drag link then drag link to ram on center link,,,,

I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Ps_ass10

Thanks... Looks like a Corvette setup in the picture. I had a 69 Corvette that had power assist, it worked great.

Thanks again.
    BILL Carson
    BILL Carson

Number of posts : 171
    Registration date : 2011-05-02

I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Empty power assist

Post by BILL Carson Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:42 pm

HOW MUCH IS THAT SETUP WORTH IF YOU COULD BUY IT?
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:27 pm

You guys would know better than me but back in the 80s it was hard to find that valve or get parts for it. Had that set up on a 5yd dump truck,
    gary h
    gary h

Number of posts : 474
    Registration date : 2012-10-19

Post by gary h Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:01 pm

The control valve assembly and the Ram can be rebuilt by Lares Co.
    The hoses can be done locally by a Hydraulic shop .
    Dan Scully
    Dan Scully

Number of posts : 254
    Registration date : 2016-07-30

I need help identifing this part (to power assist?) Empty Steering Parts

Post by Dan Scully Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:49 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:11 am