VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Electric power steering assist

docmcg
    docmcg

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Electric power steering assist Empty Electric power steering assist

Post by docmcg Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:34 pm

Over the past couple months I’ve been busy putting electric power steering assist in my A100 pickup. Quite an undertaking! Lots of fabricating and head scratching, but I think I got it. Prior to this, I had put independent front suspension in the truck. Now that was a ton of work! Here’s a few pictures.Electric power steering assist A60f7310
    Electric power steering assist A5ee4310
    Electric power steering assist 43972110
    Electric power steering assist 889cf210

gmytych, vanny, sweetvan and rekbender like this post

vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14777
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Electric power steering assist Empty Re: Electric power steering assist

Post by vanny Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:04 am

I guess you enjoy a challenge!!! Looks Great! I admire guys who have the intestinal fortitude to take on the not-so-straight-forward projects in the name of upgrading these old gems! These projects are very inspiring to the rest of us. Keep up the good work! cheers Twisted Evil Very Happy

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow

gmytych likes this post

docmcg
    docmcg

Number of posts : 205
    Registration date : 2014-09-08

Post by docmcg Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:13 am

Over the years I've read lots of posts about "factory" power steering on our trucks and vans. As we all know, these parts are scarce and near impossible to find. Thru my searching, I've come across this idea of electric assist. Doing my research, I came up with parts and tips for installing. The motor and gearbox are from a Saturn Vue. There is a company in San Diego (epowersteering.com) that specializes in electric power assist. The owner Ken is very knowledgeable and helpful. A friend of mine ordered the straight kit for his Toyota FJ40 and I installed it for him. I was a little apprehensive at first, but quickly realized it wasn't difficult at all! For anyone interested, I would highly recommend looking into this setup.

gmytych, vanny and sweetvan like this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:24 am