VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+32
Space Truckin
gfleduc
dutchman101
sweetvan
retrogeek
SteelyVan
OutofSight
divisionbrewing
66BC
GMman
whalemstr
uncle ron
richie61
busman78
kaz
BILLS66
jrdunn96
Zuffen
Seth G
Denton
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
savage
samsvan
Russell
Vantasia
VANagain
vanny
JackeFriend
uante
Digz
Big W
donivan65
36 posters

GMC Jacke's van

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Empty Re: GMC Jacke's van

Post by donivan65 Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 am

,,,,knowing how she rolls, I bet her keyboard is smoking from her fingers as she orders a new HEI, wires, thermostat housing and brake parts,,,,,,,,,,,
    OutofSight
    OutofSight

Number of posts : 1558
    Registration date : 2015-11-19

Post by OutofSight Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:07 am

Talented indeed!
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 pm

samsvan wrote:Jeez Jacke, you Have been busy! It's cool that the table is on slides and it pivots. Could you send me a picture of your curtain track please? How about the HEI distributor - did you guys get to that?

I dont know how Jacke did hers but I used these eyebolts all around, ran  clothesline rope through them and put a turnbuckle in it to keep the curtains from sagging,,,,,

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Dscn0221
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:52 pm

as for hangers,,,,these machines would also work......

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Dscn0222
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Number of posts : 940
    Registration date : 2016-05-06

Post by JackeFriend Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:48 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Curtai10
    GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Curtai11
    samsvan wrote:Jeez Jacke, you Have been busy! It's cool that the table is on slides and it pivots. Could you send me a picture of your curtain track please? How about the HEI distributor - did you guys get to that?

This is a very easy way to have tight fitting curtains. The track is easily found at any RV supply and the round slides.. Regular curtain hooks which attach to the round slides I just put a couple of screws at each end to keep them in place.

Last edited by JackeFriend on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:49 pm

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Curtai13
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:53 pm

I ordered the complete MSD HEI system and the Dual Master cylinder for the brakes... I am no mechanic I assure you my talent is not with a wrench. Don will be having some new toys to install Very Happy
    Vantasia
    Vantasia

Number of posts : 1412
    Registration date : 2013-08-18

Post by Vantasia Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:47 am

donivan65 wrote:,,,,knowing how she rolls, I bet her  keyboard is smoking from her fingers as she orders a new HEI, wires, thermostat housing and brake parts,,,,,,,,,,,

BTW, the rear brake hose is hard to find in local stores, its an oddball length and connection end, at least in my area, but Rock Auto online had all three hoses, relatively cheap, name brand quality and shipped fast...
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 am

Vantasia wrote:
    donivan65 wrote:,,,,knowing how she rolls, I bet her  keyboard is smoking from her fingers as she orders a new HEI, wires, thermostat housing and brake parts,,,,,,,,,,,

BTW, the rear brake hose is hard to find in local stores, its an oddball length and connection end, at least in my area, but Rock Auto online had all three hoses, relatively cheap, name brand quality and shipped fast...

Thanks for the tip. I am ordering those lines and the fittings. I am not gonna use my feet to stop like Fred Flitstone!

Glad you liked my design for the van. I think yours is the best one, which was clean and neat.
    I tried to make mine measure up to all the great vans on here. Thanks for the inspiration cheers
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:54 am

I have never ridden in her van,,,,,,she wants me to take a ride with her and watch  how the engine just dies,,,,,,,but this is what I think of that idea,,,,,,,this is Interstate 8, on a good day, that goes right by her house,,,,,it is the main route to the Beaches and Airport,,,,,,I could just see it now,,,,,the van dies,,,,,and causes  the biggest pile up in San Diego history,,,,,cars flipping,,,flying through the air,,,fires and even worst,,,,TV helicopters flying overhead to see what caused all this,,,,,the reporters come to get the story,,,, and Jacke starts off by giving them a tour of her work,,,,,,,THEN,,,,,,,,she says, and here is Don, he is working on the van as I try and hide under the passenger seat,,,,,,,,

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Traffi10
    SteelyVan
    SteelyVan

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2009-08-14

Post by SteelyVan Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Don…….you should pitch this circumstance as an idea for a comedy.
    vanny
    vanny

Number of posts : 14775
    Registration date : 2012-09-22

Post by vanny Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Or a new episode of CHIPS!!! lol!

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm

,,,all I am saying is that things look different when you are under the van than when you are inside it,,,,,
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 pm

To convert you are going to need new lines, brake hoses and modify the master cylinder bracket so the longer dual line master cylinder fits in there,,,,,(and dont be cutting the whole bracket off the van, ruining the van, just the back piece,,, with,,,, the bracket still on the van,,,,,

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Brake_11

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Brakel11

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Nodoor10

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Repair11

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Dscn0223
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Don, you are the king of detail! It's great the way you lay everything out to show the parts you need and then have the drawings that explain where things go...and pics that show the actual parts. Your attention to detail is very much appreciated by those of us who need all the visuals to gain understanding of what needs to be done.

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Doniva11

http://public.fotki.com/Vintage-Vans/vintage-vans-es/ruff-diamond-1/?cmd=fs_slideshow
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 pm

vanny wrote:Don, you are the king of detail! It's great the way you lay everything out to show the parts you need and then have the drawings that explain where things go...and pics that show the actual parts. Your attention to detail is very much appreciated by those of us who need all the visuals to gain understanding of what needs to be done.

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 Doniva11

GMC Jacke's van - Page 20 New_to10
    You are right about that! Even I could follow the DoniVan parts to order! I got all the HEI stuff AND ALL the correct year break lines and the three hard to find hoses. The hoses have to ship to me. But I have everything else ready... bounce

No more Suicide Goldie... No more dead on the Interstate 8 Fiasco scenario. Laughing

In 1990, my beautiful old 1964(with suicide brakes) did flip and burn on the interstate 5. Closed down the SD airport for 3 hours... while she burned. I was NOT the driver! My X husband was driving. We got cut off, he hit the brakes too hard and off we went on two wheels! affraid
    finally flipped and spun 182 feet, then just like the movies the van exploded.

I am excited to bring the mechanics to a higher level... than stone age!
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:41 pm

Wow, and you were able to get out ok? You definitely don't want that to happen again...that's scary stuff! Glad to you're taking the proper precautions to keep Goldie right-side up on the tarmac!

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:19 pm

vanny wrote:Wow, and you were able to get out ok? You definitely don't want that to happen again...that's scary stuff! Glad to you're taking the proper precautions to keep Goldie right-side up on the tarmac!
    I did, we wore no seat belts in those days! I was flung from one side of the van to the other as we went from left to right then finally flipped onto the driver side. We never hit anyone else they all stopped as we flew in circles. Straight axles no sway bar!
    My X said "here we go!" I reached around his middle and with all my strength pulled him into the back over the dog house as we spun. I broke two ribs and had a door knob knot on my head. They called life flight, since it seemed we must be dead! But no he got scrapes on his arm from the glass as we flipped, but that was about it. I had to go to the trauma center... even though I was coherent? They insisted since they thought it was so horrific. I got out the next day... black and purple head to toe and side to side. It hard to kill me evidently!! Basketball
    I loved that van...and watched it burn to the ground. There is still a melt mark near the Sassafras off ramp center lane on 5 North. In front of the airport where the planes land over the 5.

Ahhh old times What a Face
    Seth G
    Seth G
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2086
    Registration date : 2013-04-24

Post by Seth G Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:53 pm

That's some crazy shit Jacke. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale.
    SteelyVan
    SteelyVan

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2009-08-14

Post by SteelyVan Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:55 am

I apologize about the comedy sketch remark. I didn't realize you had such a horrible similar incident.
    JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 am

SteelyVan wrote:Don…….you should pitch this circumstance as an idea for a comedy.

I thought it was pretty funny Laughing No harm no foul. Plus, I lived to ride again! It took me 27 years to find another van... but I have her now. She is getting the works! New everything Smile

It was pretty interesting spinning around on the side for 182 feet. The part I left out was when we first went to the left from the slow lane we were headed, head on into a man s white Nova... our eyes met. I was at that point on the motor box ready for ejection. He slammed on his breaks my husband turn to the right and off we went onto those two wheels in the opposite direction.
    That man and I locked eyes I don't know what he saw in my eyes but I saw FEAR in his. I bet he tells that story to this day! I was a young cute blonde with long hair... most likely in a skimpy tee no bra and shorts! Nice projectiles! In those days...LOL

Glad he stopped otherwise that windshield had my name on it.
    vanny
    vanny

Post by vanny Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:40 pm

It's weird how in accidents sometimes it seems like everything is moving in slow motion...almost like you're watching yourself in a movie, except that it's real life scary stuff! I'm just glad that you lived to tell about it!

JackeFriend
    JackeFriend

Post by JackeFriend Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:40 am

I am gonna take Goldie out to the Big 3 swap meet this weekend, maybe make it... cause I have faith and the wind at my back. It is all down hill to the Stadium. So if she dies I will coast!! affraid
    No, Rich and I did take her around my area about ten minutes up and down hills around curves a month ago. It did good.
    But, I have not fixed the unknown problem which was making her die out at times? So, until the HEi etc. is completed... just a gamble. But, I am a gambling girl! And I have AAA towing if not. It's only about 4 miles each way.
    I will post picture of the end result! LOL Either meeting the guys at the event or meeting the tow truck driver Embarassed
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:25 pm

I think you and Goldie will make it to the stadium! I'll be able to come to your rescue with my van. (As long as I don't run out of gas...) Very Happy

Unlike every previous Big 3, when I couldn't manage to get there before noon, I'm going to get to this one early! I'll text you when I'm getting my van ready to go.

Don, are you and any other vanners going on Saturday?
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:29 pm

,,,if you keep your rain away,,,,,,,,,,,,,Harry will probably be there selling,,,,Joe might come,,,,,I should be there around noon,,,,,,,,,

,,,,and,,,,,,,whats is going on with that Pontiac of your dreams?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:08 am