VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+12
Magic Bus
mikeysly
dix
Jay 13
Big W
Bruce67Econoline
weirdbeard
Vanish
drc
oldgoalie
kookykrispy
Joe Van
16 posters

"August Blues"

Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 4619
    Registration date : 2012-10-11

"August Blues" Empty "August Blues"

Post by Joe Van Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:13 am

How are you Guy's doing..!!!..We in Florida are burning up it has been the "Hottest Summer" I can remember in years...I cant recall when its been this Hot we have been in the triple digits in heat index for about 3 weeks now Yesterday they said it felt like 115 degrees and 113 Thurs and Friday also we are in the middle of the state so there is Little to No Breeze looking at the trees its like a picture no movement and  with all the humidity here its like being in a "Steam Room" by 9:00 am..!!!. Evil or Very Mad .They even canceled all the local Car Shows this Month because of the Excessive Heat...I haven't driven my Early in almost a month..!!!..                                                                                      "August Blues" 105_1134

Number of posts : 1533
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

"August Blues" Empty Re: "August Blues"

Post by kookykrispy Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:59 am

Yuck.  No Thanks.

Current (8:00 am)temp outside is a nice cool breezy 55* F, overcast skies.  I'm enjoying it with my morning coffee in my backyard.  This cloud layer is supposed to burn off, and the high today is predicted for 79 later this afternoon.  I think I'll spend the day working on my van.

"August Blues" DSC00608
    oldgoalie
    oldgoalie

Number of posts : 55
    Registration date : 2014-06-04

Post by oldgoalie Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:51 am

It's been hot here in Wenatchee,(east of the Cascades) both July and August have been in the 90's and a few days over 100. Plus it has been smokey with the huge wildfires just a few miles away, destroyed some 250 + homes. Read in the paper this morning that they got a big rain and had flash floods and mud slides now in the fire areas. The good news is that there is a touch of coolness in the morns, fall is on its way. Going to work on my van also today (pull the front axle for some new bushings) only going to get in the 80's today but back up to the 90's for the first of the work week.
    drc

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2010-09-13

Post by drc Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:04 am

kookykrispy wrote:Yuck.  No Thanks.

Current (8:00 am)temp outside is a nice cool breezy 55* F, overcast skies.  I'm enjoying it with my morning coffee in my backyard.  This cloud layer is supposed to burn off, and the high today is predicted for 79 later this afternoon.  I think I'll spend the day working on my van.

"August Blues" DSC00608

kookykrispy, that picture looks great! What a nice way to start your day with a nice cup of coffee and not one, not two, but three vans to look at and enjoy!

I'm jealous
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:36 am

Nice Line up !!!!! Hey No second Gens out there Your Going to need a couple of those soon !!!!!!!

weirdbeard
    weirdbeard
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager
    Vintage-Vans Listings Manager

Number of posts : 2374
    Registration date : 2014-04-15

Post by weirdbeard Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:00 am

For nj it was a very mild summer and I'm chilling on Cape Cod and it's 75 and sunny can't get more perfect. Hang in there Joe hurricane season is coming. Just joking
    Bruce67Econoline
    Bruce67Econoline

Number of posts : 809
    Registration date : 2014-01-25

Post by Bruce67Econoline Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:12 am

Joe I can feel your pain. My wife's car read 106 in the shade yesterday with 98% humidity. One good thing is we are on the coast so we get a breeze every once in a while.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:18 am

Only a high of 64 F up here today with rain for the next day or two. Great day to stay inside.
    Jay 13
    Jay 13

Number of posts : 155
    Registration date : 2011-02-01

Post by Jay 13 Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:20 am

Joe, that is why I moved. After 15 years I could not take it anymore. New Jersey was too expensive and Florida was too hot.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8731
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:55 am

never hit 90 degrees this year in pittsburgh, last year we had a lot of 90's and close to 100,
    sounds like your missing Ohio about now, real good van event this week-end/ labor day week-end in butler pa hosted by T.R.V./Three River Vans with help from about 3/4 other van clubs,,

Post by kookykrispy Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:30 pm

Vanish wrote:Nice Line up !!!!! Hey No second Gens out there Your Going to need a couple of those soon !!!!!!!

I'm usually exclusively a 1st gen guy, but I do like using a few 2nd gen parts.
    mikeysly
    mikeysly

Number of posts : 284
    Registration date : 2012-05-29

Post by mikeysly Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Aspen are already turnin' up here in the Rockies.....
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I think I'll spend the day working on my van.

"August Blues" DSC00608

Which one?
    drc

Number of posts : 298
    Registration date : 2010-09-13

Post by drc Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:57 pm

O.k., this is nice...

I started today off with the picture of the morning coffee with the three first gen's, now I'm ending the day reading the following listing (Check out the second picture, and you'll know what I'm talking about):

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4634908084.html
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:17 pm

It hit 100 degrees in St Louis today, not much econo cruising with no ac and that heater in between the seats...bummer
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Had 54 this am- high here 76 & am i enjoying this & working outside on the van & cars.!! cheers cheers
    panelmanrd
    panelmanrd

Number of posts : 801
    Registration date : 2009-10-04

Post by panelmanrd Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:14 pm

It was 74 degrees it 7:30 this am, got to 97 with a heat index of 105, typical
    August summer day, still drive my early every day, when I get home I really
    appreciate the home ac, I work as an automotive tech in a shop that is hotter
    the drive home, change the spark plugs on a front wheel drive v6 with a customer
    waiting, it's a whole lot hotter than the ride home.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:52 am

Forecast here in Spokane ,wa. for the weekend = cold front thru friday eve with jet stream coming down thru toward Flordia!! Yea - temps here sat all week in low 70's for highs. Cold front gets to flordia in January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy =JOE!! lol!
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:04 am

Twinpilot001 wrote: Cold front gets to flordia in January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy =JOE!!    lol!
    ...Yea I am starting to think you are right... We had one decent day Monday about 88* degrees but yesterday the Local Radio station said with the humity it feels like 110* degrees even our coumputers have been acting goofy past coulple of weeks..!!!.. .all data, alignment, spin balancer,security cameras,..... affraid ...

Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:09 am

panelmanrd wrote:It was 74 degrees it 7:30 this am, got to 97 with a heat index of 105, typical
    August summer day, still drive my early every day, when I get home I really
    appreciate the home ac, I work as an automotive tech in a shop that is hotter
    the drive home, change the spark plugs on a front wheel drive v6 with a customer
    waiting, it's a whole lot hotter than the ride home.
    Yea I love when they just get off of I-75 (High Way) and want a "Oil Change" at 3:30 in the afternoon its like changeing the charcole in your grill right after cooking 5 steaks on it..!!!!.. lol!

Post by Twinpilot001 Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:38 am

Know what u mean =JOE!! I was in the marine repair ,auto repair & paint / body buisness in south texas. I sold out =left there due to HEAT when i was 40.!! Never looked back!Way TOO=HOT & had other 's "Immigrating" affraid Thru then too =BYE heat, wasps & have sure enjoyed the 4 actual seasons here !! cheers Retirement is coming 4 ya soon!!-by the way -we dont get many ="snowbirds " here
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:55 am

Yea I know why people go up North for the Summer..!!!. lol!  I would love to visit your area some day Matt..During the Summer of course..!!!.. I miss the leaves changeing colors here there either Green or Brown.!!!. ..I am going another 10 years if I can make it with my Back then after 43 years of turning wrenches I am "DONE" I will either Sell Out or Lease our Shop my Father is 73 and still comming to work to run the office everyday my Grandfather retired when he was 80... affraid ..I am going to "BREAK" that patern.. Very Happy Very Happy

Number of posts : 226
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by chainsaw Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:52 pm

High 90's to mid 100's in Tx. been outside blocking the primer most every day. problem is after about an hour at a time Im done, too hot too work in all that sanding dust.
    kookykrispy
    kookykrispy

Post by kookykrispy Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Magic Bus wrote:
     I think I'll spend the day working on my van.

"August Blues" DSC00608

Which one?

I'm not working on any of these ones in the back yard right now.  (the far left orange '66 van is actually not mine, but is my buddy Rodney's "Cinnamon Girl", which lives here because he doesn't have enough room to store her at his place.  Currently, I'm working on putting together a fresh 413 small block chevy for my '65 "Hella Sunshine", which is currently around the front of the house, front of my garage, with no engine or trans at the moment.  I hope to have the new mill installed and running this weekend.  This engine is going to rip.  .060 over 400 SBC, edelbrock rpm heads, custom cam, dished pistons, 8.4:1 compression.  I'm going to break it in with the single 4 barrel intake, but then soon after I will be installing a low profile 144 B&M supercharger on top.

I just got the lifter preload adjusted and installed the intake this evening.
    "August Blues" DSC00610

"August Blues" DSC00609
    Joe Van
    Joe Van
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Post by Joe Van Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:18 am

kookykrispy wrote: I'm working on putting together a fresh 413 small block chevy for my '65 "Hella Sunshine", but then soon after I will be installing a low profile 144 B&M supercharger on top.

"August Blues" DSC00610

"August Blues" DSC00609
    Your Van is going to run like a Raped Ape with that motor..I think I am going to go with a 383 stroker on mine instead of a Big Block too many mods and not enough air..I installed a 427 Big Block in my Friend Scooby's van and he always had over heating issues in the summer here. Very Happy ..This was the Van I was trying to buy before I bought mine it has been sitting in a garage now for over 15 years Rust Free 10 miles from me.!!!..                                                                                                                                                                                                        "August Blues" 38898810

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:01 am