VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram

eprsplit
    eprsplit

Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2012-05-19

Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram Empty Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram

Post by eprsplit Wed May 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Hello, I'm new to the site. I just purchased a 1965 Econoline off of Craigslist and I'm attempting to replace the generic ignition switch with a proper Ford part.
    I was able to get almost all of the wires in the correct places on the Ford switch with the exception of two black wires that come together in one loop connector.
    When I attached it to the stud on the rear of the switch it fed through the horn (Beep-Beep) and the Alt. light came on.
    I just purchased a factory shop manual but there is NO wiring diagram in it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    RF Man
    RF Man

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2014-03-14

Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram Empty Re: Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram

Post by RF Man Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 pm

That black wire with what your calling a loop connector connects to the center stud on the ignition switch. The other side of the "loop" should have another black wire that feeds one side of the Alt. Indicator lamp. Where that "loop" connector is there should be another red/green wire that feeds a terminal on your Alt. Regulator. That wire in no way should be connected to your horn circuit.

Call these guys and get your self a Color coded and laminated schematic for your truck. They're about $20 and the best I've ever used. I now boy them for all my cars. Best $20 you'll ever spend.

www.classiccarwiring.com
    917-861-9131

Good Luck Mike
    Carl

Number of posts : 143
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram Empty Re: Ignition switch wiring diagram

Post by Carl Thu May 08, 2014 6:27 pm

The 65 Ford Econoline shop manual I had also no wiring diagrams. -but the 67 manual does and someone put them on this site: www.vintage-vans.com/ford_parts_links.html -scroll down to the bottom right.

Sponsored content

Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram Empty Re: Ignition Switch Wiring Diagram

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:01 am