VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

fuel pump question

slowmotion
    slowmotion

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2013-09-04

fuel pump question Empty fuel pump question

Post by slowmotion Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:25 am

Hello. This van and I are not off to a good start. I am hoping some one may be able to help me find the fuel pump I need. I have a 64 van with the 170 in it from what I gather. My problem is that all the fuel pumps I look at to order are not the same as mine. look at all of them and the arm that rides on the fuel pump rod, I am guessing these are like most. Is not the same as what is in my van. All the new fuel pumps have arms that are pretty straight. The arm ion my pump is closer to a 90. Not quiet but close. Any ideas what motor I should look at to find the pump I need. I would post pictures but guess I still have to wait.
    Thanks
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

fuel pump question Empty Re: fuel pump question

Post by donivan65 Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:27 pm

slowmotion
    slowmotion

Number of posts : 30
    Registration date : 2013-09-04

Post by slowmotion Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:19 pm

That has the straight arm too. I went to the napa store here and we went through every thing in his book. Pictures of about 30 or more fuel pumps. This looks more like a chevy pump than ford. It is also a AC brand. The 63 fairlane pump looked the closest to mine. I could not tell if the distance the arm stuck out from the pump was as much as mine was. I gave up and bought an electric one like I have in my ranchero. I would rather have a manual one though. If I can find one. I will still get it for the van and keep the electric as a spare for the truck. my brother in law is making me a block off plate at work. I had forgot about that and the 6 cylinders again seem to be different than every thing else. My next deal will be either having the long brake line on the axle made or to source out a good one. Mine is all rusty and is leaking near the passenger wheel cylinder. Looks like every thing in the braking system will be getting replaced by the time I am through. But I am working on the fuel system first.
    Thanks for the link though

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:33 pm