VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+7
RipVanArkie
vanny
Twinpilot001
donivan65
HandiVanMan
savage
SportVan
11 posters

I need to upgrade the rear end of my 1965 Chevy Deluxe Sportvan Help

VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

I need to upgrade the rear end of my 1965 Chevy Deluxe Sportvan Help - Page 3 Empty Re: I need to upgrade the rear end of my 1965 Chevy Deluxe Sportvan Help

Post by VANagain Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Hey Sportvan, I just discovered this thread. I'm a big Sportvan Deluxe fan myself. Can't wait to see yours. The rear end on mine was fouled up on one side, rust mostly. It's a 12-bolt 3.73:1. Both axles had grooves worn in them from the bearings. We put in the repair bearings that would ride on a fresh part of the axle. You can see my story here.

Let's see some pictures! Unless you decided to get rid of the van. You haven't posted lately.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

I need to upgrade the rear end of my 1965 Chevy Deluxe Sportvan Help - Page 3 Empty Re: I need to upgrade the rear end of my 1965 Chevy Deluxe Sportvan Help

Post by Big W Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:46 pm

He posted this in another thread...moved on to a different forum.................................................................................................................

Thank You, I passed on it. I also sold my 1965 SportVan and will remain vanless for the near future. Thank You to everyone that assisted me with my 65. In the end (as in rear end) I had it three weeks and was getting nowhere regarding the rear end issues so I sold it for a $1500 profit, moved on. Now, I'm the proud owner of a 1968 RS/SS Camaro. I'm getting it ready for the 28 September Street Nationals here in Springfield, MO. Thank You to the friends I made. I'm perusing the Camaro Club webpage these days. Laters!

VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks, Big W!

Anyone seen a post from the new owner? I imagine we will, sooner or later!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:44 am