VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

Tire size , shocks, brake information

vanman2
    vanman2

Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2012-06-09

Tire size , shocks, brake information Empty Tire size , shocks, brake information

Post by vanman2 Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:57 am

Morning all,
    what is the largest tire i can put on a stock 15 " rim , it has 205/75/15 now and looks way to skinny and just doesn't look or feel right ~~ the tires are old and for now just want to keep the stock rims until i figure out direction i want to go with this unless i come across a deal for rims & tires ~~ im just not sure yet but do need to do tires , shocks & brakes to be able to drive her around ~~ thanks for you help & info Smile
    dodge man
    dodge man

Number of posts : 2036
    Registration date : 2012-08-08

Tire size , shocks, brake information Empty Re: Tire size , shocks, brake information

Post by dodge man Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:50 am

235/75/15 should fit, i would try an old one and make sure it has clearance before you buy new ones, if you still have stock hight on the springs they should work, i dont know if they would fit if its lowered at all.

Tire size , shocks, brake information Empty Re: Tire size , shocks, brake information

Post by Guest Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 am

Like dodge man said. These are what I'm running with no problems.

Tire size , shocks, brake information DSC_0821
    vanman2
    vanman2

Post by vanman2 Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:40 pm

thanks for your help , yes everything is bone stock on this one how about shocks any suggestions , i measured them, fronts are 19.5 rears are 16.25 with the van in the driveway ~~ i found gabriel 81469 gas shock but it say's same shock for both front and rear also found kyb high pressure gas shock kg5422 i called shock warehouse and they also said i could use these for front & rear ~~ im thinking the kyb's might give me better control ~~ what do you think ??
    RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 pm

KYBs tend toward harsh. I prefer Monroe or Gabriel on stock stuff.
    vanman2
    vanman2

Post by vanman2 Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:49 pm

thanks , went with the Gabriel they had the correct fit for my van front & rear plan on going thru the front end , brakes , tires ~~ and we will see from there Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:14 am

vanman2 wrote:Morning all,
    what is the largest tire i can put on a stock 15 " rim , it has 205/75/15 now and looks way to skinny and just doesn't look or feel right ~~ the tires are old and for now just want to keep the stock rims until i figure out direction i want to go with this unless i come across a deal for rims & tires ~~ im just not sure yet but do need to do tires , shocks & brakes to be able to drive her around ~~ thanks for you help & info Smile
    I have a set of cop car rims that are 15x7 with 245-70-15s on them. about the widest tire I could fit was 9in wide .and this is on my 68 A-108
    Gothboy
    Gothboy

Number of posts : 714
    Registration date : 2012-07-02

Post by Gothboy Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:40 am

I run 235/75/r15's on my stock 68 a108 rims and I have slight rubbing issues on hard turns. Thats the only issue. everything else is just fine. About to try putting 31/10.50/15's on it in a week or so, need to get different rims cause the stockeys are too narrrow. We'll see what happens. Smile Good luck with your project amigo!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Gothboy wrote:I run 235/75/r15's on my stock 68 a108 rims and I have slight rubbing issues on hard turns. Thats the only issue. everything else is just fine. About to try putting 31/10.50/15's on it in a week or so, need to get different rims cause the stockeys are too narrrow. We'll see what happens. Smile Good luck with your project amigo!
    hahaha hard turns, in a A-108 no less ! mine is more like gentle suggestions
    rebar
    rebar

Number of posts : 151
    Registration date : 2012-10-31

Post by rebar Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:58 pm

Gothboy wrote:I run 235/75/r15's on my stock 68 a108 rims and I have slight rubbing issues on hard turns.

Mr Gothboy,

Have you maybe tried tweeking the steering knuckle arm's adjusting bolts, and did that helped any? Seems I had 235's on once and they'd rub the wheel well on a slight turn if I hit a bump.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:31 pm

vanman2 wrote:Morning all,
    275-70-15 is about all you can do width wise .I have this size on mine on the back and with 3;55 gears, at 55 mph im turning 2200 RPMs on the front I run a 235-70-15 mounted on a set of cop car steelies 15x7s

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:50 am