VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+38
BillyBlaze
Vannin Ken
Joe Van
millwright71
organ grinder
Space Truckin
DanTheVanMan
Wheelie
vanny
dodge man
wirepuller
southern man
Stoopid john
austinmodhouse
HandiVanMan
kayjsharp
mrclean
Nightmoves
mbasaraba
white-lightning
Roman
EconoCarl
savage
dix
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
Digz
sasktrini
EconoUSAparts
jrinaman
Big W
G-Man
whopman
cruiser
jkr
RodStRace
BILLS66
Twinpilot001
Lyrad
42 posters

What would you do? LYRAD'S PROJECT

Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Empty Re: What would you do? LYRAD'S PROJECT

Post by Digz Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:11 pm

^5's Congrats !
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Empty Re: What would you do? LYRAD'S PROJECT

Post by Roman Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:33 pm

I don't speak Canadian...what's ROFLMAO??
    white-lightning
    white-lightning

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by white-lightning Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:20 pm

^ Rolling on the floor laughing my butt off.

Congrats on the van being official. I hope my dog house comes out looking half as nice on the inside as yours and that neutral safety switch is great.
    Roman
    Roman

Number of posts : 822
    Registration date : 2010-09-10

Post by Roman Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Hey, "butt" is spelled with a B! ROFLMBO!!

Thanks WL! I guess I'm not down with the whole text, Twitter, Facebook, Myspace lingo...and PROUD OF IT!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:54 pm

We don't actually talk like that, Roman... just a polite way to type it with one hand without spillling our beer! Butt is spelled with a B up here too!

OMG, I'm feeling an overwhelming urge to listen to some Bob and Doug McKenzie right now... "Take off, 'eh... Hoser! Koo loo koo koo koo loo koo koooooooo"
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2011-01-20

Post by Lyrad Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:31 am

Lol .... so that's what it means.
    The license plate I saved from when I registered my STS, and yeah it just came up as the next plate. I thought it was Kool too, so saved it.
    Thanks for all the kind words.....Ride On.
    mbasaraba
    mbasaraba

Number of posts : 823
    Registration date : 2009-01-08

Post by mbasaraba Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:26 am

Man what a great thread! Really enjoyed it. I didnt see any of the rear interior, would be awesome to see.

Also, nice Northern Pike. (Or was it a Muskee?) Either way, they are fun to catch. I sure miss fishing up north when we had our lake cabin in northern Minnesota. Here in the south the water is so nasty I wouldnt even try drowning someone in it, let alone eat a fish out of it.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 pm

I"M BACK..... I Parked the Old Girl back in Sept after spending most last summer fixing stuff that I didn't plan on. My 9" diff is in getting shortened and fited for leaf spring use. I have ordered a 700R trany....so just waiting for them to be ready for mounting.

That last snow storm a week ago was a tough pill to swallow. What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0815
    I'm going to start with some lite mods to get me back up to speed. Last fall I ordered some 4" round peeps to replace the large mirrors it now has. Here is what I ordered, http://www.speedwaymotors.com/4-Inch-Peep-Mirror,3811.htmlhas any one got some insite on mounting them, is it just a simple bolt on? or is there mods I have to do. All comments are welcome.
    Nightmoves
    Nightmoves

Number of posts : 2214
    Registration date : 2008-11-17

Post by Nightmoves Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Geez ! I get cold just lookin at that.
    mrclean
    mrclean

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2010-11-16

Post by mrclean Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:10 pm

What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Imag0211
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Imag0212
    It holds on the top of your door by set screws. The middle screw lets you move the bracket for either side you want to mount it on.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:20 am

Yup!!! mrclean, those are the bad boys I'm trying to install. Yesterday I was fidding with them and I can't get enough adjustment out of them to properly check my 6. Have you tried mounting yours? I feel that they may need some modifications......like every thing else I,m putting into this FRANKINSTEN RIDE!

Has any one been able to just bolt these mirrors on with out mod's?
    mrclean
    mrclean

Number of posts : 41
    Registration date : 2010-11-16

Post by mrclean Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:59 pm

I just got mine in the mail last week, I havent had a chance to mess with them yet, but next week i should get them mounted.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Ok MrClean stay in touch with how that goes. It will be nice to remove the trucker mirrors.

So Vanners what are our projects called?

Rat Rod, Resto Mod or something else?
    kayjsharp
    kayjsharp

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2012-04-03

Post by kayjsharp Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:55 am

I will get it paint when I have the tank repaired
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Number of posts : 1868
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:46 am

Lyrad,
    Do you still have the blue van with the silver flames? Is it the one you are working on?
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:53 am

Those little mirrors look great on the van's but the one on the passengers side is useless. I have a set of them on my 69 GMC van & can't even see the passengers side mirror without bending down to look for it.
    austinmodhouse
    austinmodhouse

Number of posts : 575
    Registration date : 2010-07-30

Post by austinmodhouse Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:11 am

I use two on the passenger’s side. I put a convex stick on mirror over one, that was a big improvement.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Howdy HandiVanMan,

Yup, That's my Old Girl. Yeah no matter were I place the mirror I can't check my six. I'm going to try chopping them up a bit on the week end to SEE if I can get them to work.

I have a longer straighter 4" round that I'm thinking of putting on the passenger side aswell, but never thought of putting a convex on it. Thanks Austinmod house.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:33 pm

What would you do?

I'm considering changing out my seal beams for something with a more vintage look.

Here is what I'm liking so far, has any one done this and are there other fixtures that you know of that would look cool?

Lucas Tri-Bar Hightlight.
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Spider10
    HandiVanMan
    HandiVanMan

Post by HandiVanMan Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 pm

It's a sharp old van!!! I saw it on eBay before you bought it. The head lights will look cool on it to!!!
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Wed May 02, 2012 7:50 am

Last year I got the green light to grab some parts off a 68 that has been seating in a storage compound for the last 25 years. The owner was cleaning things up (crushing a bunch of cars)and gave me one weeks notice to take what I want. The van was in Kerrobert Saskatchewan 3 hours west of me. I lined up a helper and did a one day parts run. Because the van was not in use for many years I thought the parts would be not as worn as one's that have been in use for over 40 years.

Here are some pic's of the trip.
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0610
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0611
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0612
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0613
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0614
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0615
    BILLS66
    BILLS66

Number of posts : 1383
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by BILLS66 Wed May 02, 2012 7:21 pm

My sawzall is crying wanting to cut on that van before the crusher gets to it . Bill so much metal so little time
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Thu May 03, 2012 7:51 am

I know what you mean Bill, I wish I would have had more time.....there was lots of good stuff left behind.

Here is what I did get. There where more bolts snaping off then turning out.
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0616
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0617
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0618
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0619
    Stoopid john
    Stoopid john

Number of posts : 265
    Registration date : 2011-06-03

Post by Stoopid john Thu May 03, 2012 4:12 pm

I bought these and the blue dot melted on both, within days. The blue blob is now at the bottom.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/90112/10002/-1?parentProductId=1287066

They fit nice in my A but now, they don't look so hot.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Thu May 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Hey there big John, that sucks to hear that they melted. Where yours made by Lucas? I haven't done much driving I hope mine don't melt' I will keep an eye on them. Thanks for the heads up. The one's I bought are Lucas and they have the signal light inside the lens aswell. I had to do some custom cutting on my head light buckets to get them to fit, but look kool.
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0422
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 4 Img_0910

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:33 am