VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+38
BillyBlaze
Vannin Ken
Joe Van
millwright71
organ grinder
Space Truckin
DanTheVanMan
Wheelie
vanny
dodge man
wirepuller
southern man
Stoopid john
austinmodhouse
HandiVanMan
kayjsharp
mrclean
Nightmoves
mbasaraba
white-lightning
Roman
EconoCarl
savage
dix
Rick's 66 Chevy Van
Digz
sasktrini
EconoUSAparts
jrinaman
Big W
G-Man
whopman
cruiser
jkr
RodStRace
BILLS66
Twinpilot001
Lyrad
42 posters

What would you do? LYRAD'S PROJECT

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you do? LYRAD'S PROJECT

Post by G-Man Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 am

yes that is normal LOL , I had to paint back there also on my 69 from overspray and can say I know the pain in the ass that job was. Your hard work paid off looks great
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you do? LYRAD'S PROJECT

Post by Digz Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:34 pm

That made a world of difference, Looks great ! I don't know if even more chrome would be better than that.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2011-01-20

Post by Lyrad Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Well finished up installing most of the parts on the brake transformation still need to install the valves, but the ones that came with the van don't fit wrong size fitting. Not surprised none of the parts that came with the van really worked.
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 2 Img_0010
    What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 2 Img_0011

The rims fit back on with no issues plenty of room with 15" rims. Now I need my babe over to help bleed the system. Would be nice to drive the old girl again.

What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 2 Img_0012
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Lyrad they look great!!!
    Digz
    Digz

Number of posts : 3794
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by Digz Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Yes it all looks pretty good! If by valves you mean residual valves ,yes you will need an adapter if you are running 3/16 lines. The bleeder screw location looks perfect.
    Big W
    Big W

Number of posts : 3282
    Registration date : 2011-01-13

Post by Big W Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Look'n good Lyrad...Look'n Good.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Disappointment for me to today, crap. I took the Old Girl in for the out of province inspection that I need to put plates on her, and it was a big F . After working on her for the last 6 weeks fixing brakes, gas tank, shocks and door alignment. I have 29 issues to fix in 21 days. Super sticky with these inspection...... well time to go do some more wrenching. lol I'M IN !

Hey how about those Vancouver CannucklyHeads eh
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Wed May 04, 2011 8:47 pm

What are some of the things????
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Wed May 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Yes... Do tell Please. Inquiring minds need to know. OK we are just being nosey, what did they ding you for, cus man that van looks better then some newer cars on the road.
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Number of posts : 890
    Registration date : 2011-03-10

Post by jrinaman Wed May 04, 2011 9:37 pm

thats why i got antique plates. NEVER need inspected or renew tags. so what did they find?
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Post by G-Man Thu May 05, 2011 3:43 am

We are lucky in MI, there are no inspections
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Thu May 05, 2011 7:29 am

Well most of the stuff is electrical wiring and it is a mess, does any one know if new wiring harness's are available? But they have every thing from no rubber on the brake peddal, wiper wash squirt mech and loose door handles to leaky rear axle seals and a small engine oil drip. I will be looking into that antique plate path.

My plan was to get every thing working the way it use to when new, but pick away at it as I also enjoy some drive time. All the major stuff that makes it safe to drive like brakes, steering, signal, brake and headlights all work good.
    Rick's 66 Chevy Van
    Rick's 66 Chevy Van

Number of posts : 331
    Registration date : 2011-03-06

Post by Rick's 66 Chevy Van Thu May 05, 2011 8:17 am

I live in nc how can i get antique tags?
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Thu May 05, 2011 8:32 am

no rubber on brake pedal? sounds like a couple days of petty crap just to apease the inspection gods.
    Twinpilot001
    Twinpilot001

Number of posts : 6186
    Registration date : 2009-09-28

Post by Twinpilot001 Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 am

Some states have the antique tags & some dont - here in WA. State - we have "collector plates" available. Pay 1 money & never have to renew. Vehicle must be 25 years old+ .There are now 2 other plate types approved-here= custom and street rod - yet they are new & approved now & ill bet must be renewed yearly?? as this states so far in debt-theyre looking at all revenue producing things. Im running 2= collector plates now and will have 7 vehicles lisenced as such next year. I will have nothing later than 25 + year old vehicles.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Thu May 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Here in Saskatchewan,Canada.... we have the antique plate and mine was $127.00 for the year. NO INSPECTION REQUIRED. Now this will only give you a $900.00 value on the vihicle if total Loss occurs, that meens $900.00 - deductable = you get what ever is left. Now I can still put a package policy on this van after it is complete under this same antique plate, and that will push the value up and so does the price for insurance go up. They did suggest to have it appraised first and to bring that paper in with me when I do put a policy on it. So the more it's worth the more I pay for insurance was kind of the bottom line. Which I guess only makes sence. I did ask if there were any restrictions being that it was plated as an antique, and the guy from the Regina head office told me that if it has all factory safety equipment on the van and it can do the speed limit then there were none.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Thu May 05, 2011 9:36 pm

We might require inspection for a antique vehicle if it's from out of the province here in Saskatchewan.

But our inspections here are basically emergency stuff... wear or leaks of vital devices like brakes, steering, suspension, electrical... but noting an engine leak as a reason to fail? I don't think so. As long as you can stop, go, turn, park, see... those are things that impact the safety aspect of vehicle. I have heard the rubber brake pad thing!

Sorry about your luck Lyrad... gonna have to order stuff and get it on quick so you don't have to pay for reinspection.
    Big W
    Big W

Post by Big W Thu May 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Ah yes out of province usually requires an inspection, on just about any vehicle you bring in. But according to the Big wiggs in regina, if the vehicle is from saskatchewan, you can plate it without being asked to have it inspected. Hell I plated my 67 and all it was-was a shell without doors, glass, motor or brake system, only becus I heard that the loop hole was going to close and I didn't want to go through the hassle of an inspection. I hope you are able to get it all worked out Lyrad..I'm sure you will get it on the road soon.
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by sasktrini Thu May 05, 2011 10:20 pm

affraid Loophole closing? I guess I better check into that... my earlies aren't plated right now. I do know that when SGI and the police run Operation Street Sweep (safety inspection check stops), I did not drive my vans around because I felt there were issues that my vans have that were worse than my 85 G van that failed such sting operations.

Lyrad, you have a great van, and will get everything done.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Mon May 09, 2011 5:27 pm

Hey there fellow member's, I thought i would start off by fixing my marker light that weren't working..... but when I removed the screws and the lens I discovered that there is no wiring to any of the four lens. Could my van have come fresh from the factory with no maker lights, or did someone remove all the wiring? There are no holes going into the front doors from the main body that wires would go through, so not sure, any one else with a 69 and no markers?

Last edited by Lyrad on Mon May 09, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Mon May 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Tell them they are reflectors not markers. tell them 1970 started the lighted markers. ( that is when dodge started). Asfar as some of the other things lose handle. Rubber on the steel pedel doesn't sound like a big deal . And things you should do regardless. As long as the wiring isn't to big of a job. In the U.S.A. every state regulates it's own inspection . So every 1 is dirrernt.. a tinted window can be legal in 1 state and illagal in the next. As far as Antique Insurance in PennslyVANia each a thousand dollars of insurance is $10.00 or Ten thousand would cost $100.00 that is antique. classis. street-rod and Collector plates
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Mon May 09, 2011 8:45 pm

I checked out antique plates for Alberta they are available but are intended for vehicles that are only operated in connection with a car shows or car meeting, not for daily driving. sooo I'm pooched there. I will just have to be patient and pick away.
    dix
    dix
    Moderator 1st Class
    Moderator 1st Class

Number of posts : 8729
    Registration date : 2008-05-29

Post by dix Tue May 10, 2011 2:35 pm

antique plates and insurance is normaly 5,000 miles a year. if you get a winter rat then you should not have to much to worry about. a car cruise is also a show. i never seen a police hassel any one about were they are going. you can also disdonect your odometer if needed. In PennslVANia you can turn your odometer to all 0000000 .with that plate...Take the pick up or van to work cuz there is a car cruise after work..
    jrinaman
    jrinaman

Post by jrinaman Tue May 10, 2011 4:25 pm

when i got mine, they said occaisional use, 1 day a week. no mention of milage.
    Lyrad
    Lyrad

Post by Lyrad Sat May 14, 2011 8:09 pm

YES!!! some much needed good new, last week my new wheel came. Allways nice to get new stuff. It will be a bit before I can test them out. Next week the 9" diff. goes in for slicing and dicing.

What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 2 05110

What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 2 06510

What would you do?     LYRAD'S  PROJECT - Page 2 06610

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:09 pm