VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+6
EconoUSAparts
Vanish
Magic Bus
Admin
G-Man
Bear
10 posters

today sucked big time

Bear
    Bear

Number of posts : 849
    Registration date : 2010-11-23

today sucked big time Empty today sucked big time

Post by Bear Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm

well after 14 yrs i had to put my beloved german shorthair to sleep today. today sucked big time Campin11
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

today sucked big time Empty Re: today sucked big time

Post by G-Man Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Bear I used to have a shorthair, she made it to 15 yrs. Great dogs sorry to hear about your loss
    Bear
    Bear

Post by Bear Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:13 pm

thanks g-man this guy seen more country than me i use to run him with a pro-trainer as a field trial dog. old casey took his fair share of ribbions.thats his brother rooster in the back ground.his hips could not thake it any more well you all know the rest we have to do what we too do it just don,t make it any easer. i,m a f-uped train wreck to day poor rue keeps looking for his brother.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Post by Admin Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:39 pm

So sorry for you loss *hug* I know all too well how you are feeling Sad
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:56 pm

I too am sorry for your loss.. I never had the same kind of dog as You but back around thanksgiving I had to euthanize my dog because of old age (15 1/2) related issues...Man that was the 3rd hardest thing I ever did..1st was burying my firstborn Son..2nd was burying my dad...

Funny thing about dogs you may not seem to know what a big part of your family they are until they are gone...I was a train wreck for several days around that time...sobbing uncontrollably ....man that is a tough time...I feel your pain brother
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:02 pm

Bear ..... Really sorry to Hear That ....... They Get so Close .... Thats so HARD !!!!!! Sorry Bud ......

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:06 pm

I am very sorry to hear that. I have been a dog lover all my life and owned kennels where I bred Boxers, Rotties, Pekingese and chihuahuas. I have three 14 year old dogs right now and it will be rough when they pass. I once took a week off work because my parrot died. Animals grow on you. I have had Spider monkey and a Gibbon ape as well as many cats, dogs and exotic birds. It always hurts to lose one.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 am

I ve got a mini zoo myself. We've always had 4 or 5 dogs of all varieties for the past 15 years or so. The wife used to manage an animal hospital so theres always a needy animal being nursed to good health at our place. Got a dog sawin logs next to me right now matter of fact.
    StuNami
    StuNami

Number of posts : 437
    Registration date : 2010-12-14

Post by StuNami Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:21 am

Sorry to hear. Losing a family member is never an easy matter.

Cheers.

~Nami
    Bear
    Bear

today sucked big time Empty just not my year

Post by Bear Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:17 pm

this past monday i had to have my 2nd german short hair Rooster put to sleep.sure was not expting that.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:20 pm

Damn, that is sad. It is really hard to lose a long time companion.
    Bear
    Bear

Post by Bear Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:55 pm

yes it is casey was 14 and rooster 13 the most F-ed thing about rue was he just was geting over being nutered because he was peeing blood 500.00 later he checked out ok no canser vet said nutering would help the swelling go down in the prostate and things would be ok.i took him up north last for some must needed fun he had a blast we got home monday unloaded everything he went in the yard ok seemed normal short time later i seen him limping though he had a stone in his paw checked no seemed to start walking ok agin.short time later i asked kid to check him she found him under the camper foming at the mouth i went out and pulled him out and MY GOD he was 3 times his size swollen.loaded him up took off to the vet.they x-rayed him the came vet came in she told me THIS IS NOT GOOD.i said Doc i had the most F-up dreame last that i found my dog dead . the women busted out crying and told me he has to be put down that he was dieing rt not.what happened is he must of drank a lot of water when we go gome took off runing and his stomaic twisted in side cutting off blood flow.it happens to deep chested dogs.it was a horeable thing to go through.i was home at 2;30pm and he was gone at 4;30 pm it happens that fast.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:09 pm

I have seen that happen in Rottweilers. It generally happens in young active dogs. Generally the dog gets fed dried dog food and he eats too much and then drinks a lot of water causing the dried dog food to swell and then when he starts running or jumping around the stomach twists and it is always fatal since the owner doesn't know what happened till it is too late.I was a boxer and Rottie breeder for over 30 years and always told new people that bought my dogs to give them water first and then the dried food. I also told them to never feed their dogs any food bought at a grocery store. Science Diet and Diamond dog food is much better although costs more but then the dog eats less and there is less waste to clean up later.

i

RodStRace
    RodStRace

Number of posts : 3046
    Registration date : 2010-01-21

Post by RodStRace Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:59 pm

G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Bear sorry to hear about your short hair, I also had one she made it to 15 yrs. Putting one down is very hard, just try to think of the good things in there life
    white-lightning
    white-lightning

Number of posts : 237
    Registration date : 2011-02-24

Post by white-lightning Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:33 pm

My rotti mix had to be put to sleep about 2yrs ago due to a stroke, she was only 8 years old. Only thing that helped me get over that is the little shepherd/pitt bull mix I got a month later.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:25 am

I have a 9 year old Dobie that probably isnt going to make it much past 10 with the way her hips are going.
    A year and a half ago we had to put down my wife's cat, which was possibly the coolest cat you could ever find. His kidneys failed when he was 8 and there wasnt any other option.
    That was hard and I imagine the dog is going to be as hard or harder to deal with.
    Never a good thing to lose one you love, pet or otherwise.
    wylee
    wylee

Number of posts : 917
    Registration date : 2009-04-03

Post by wylee Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:12 am

Cool very sorry for your los, i know it sucks ben thru it. and will go thru it agin to soon. my rotti spiret is good but her bodys not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:59 pm