VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

2 posters

Its time for my 350..

Its time for my 350.. Empty Its time for my 350..

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:28 pm

i've got a 350 lined up for my van, and couldn't be more excited! but now that i've searched the site over and over, i'm wondering if it'll even fit? different head heights? and all the archived swaps pretty much include a th350 auto tranny as well, can i PLEASE keep my 3 on the tree? i like the gear ratios now, the tired old 250 will burn the right rear off at will, and the 3.36 gears keep the rpms low on the highway. how much will the power increase change the torque curve with the factory trans if i can even retain it? i have more questions than answers. and i know when i get the motor, i'm just going to yank the 6 and MAKE the V8 fit. any clarity from any direction would be plenty appreciated beforehand. my mind is melting even trying to remember all the 'van thoughts' i have everyday. i'm fairly sure my chevy has a little to do with this insomnia... drunken
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Its time for my 350.. Empty Re: Its time for my 350..

Post by donivan65 Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:18 am

Since the 1970 Chevy Vans came with a 350 and a 3 speed, you should be able to put it all together. The V8's really like to have a shroud and a 4 row tube crossflow radiator to keep you running cool while you are being cool,,,,,,,,
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:19 am

Sounds great Cope. Post lots of pic's!!!! Very Happy

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Its time for my 350.. Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:42 am

Go for it. I purchased my '69 Chevy with a 350/350 Turbo. Later I converted it to a 3-speed manual and now it is back to an automatic. Just a lot of wrenching. I used the same driveshaft for both trannys. The frame has four threaded factory holes up front to mount your clutch pedal assy. Take your time and it will all work out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:33 pm