VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

transmission swap

transmission swap Empty transmission swap

Post by Guest Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:00 pm

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between an econoline c4 transmission and a 1966 mustang transmission. I have a 64 econoline and really want to put a c4 in it. Any help would be great!
    sasktrini
    sasktrini

Number of posts : 2067
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

transmission swap Empty Re: transmission swap

Post by sasktrini Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:01 am

Welcome... I see this is your first post! I too have a '64, new this year! I'm not completely certain, but the tailcone mounts with a bolt through the top, rather than resting on a support member... I suspect that's the major difference.

Don't know details on the dimensions of each tranny, so I'm sure more advice will come in.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:54 pm

Thanks for the info! I'm kind of new to the whole econoline thing. I had a 63 van but never got around to fix it up. It was in really bad shape! I found this 8 door van and it needed a little less work... or so i thought. I'll post some pictures soon.

sasktrini wrote:Welcome... I see this is your first post! I too have a '64, new this year! I'm not completely certain, but the tailcone mounts with a bolt through the top, rather than resting on a support member... I suspect that's the major difference.

Don't know details on the dimensions of each tranny, so I'm sure more advice will come in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 pm