VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver)

62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver) Empty 62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver)

Post by Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:25 am

I got in contact with this guy who got me in contact with another guy about this van that is gonna be crushed
    I went down and took some stuff off it but he says it will be sent to the crusher early next week at the latest.
    Still some usable stuff there and he will let you go for very reasonable prices. Pm me and I'll get you in contact
    Its in Denver on county line rd. and Quebec.

62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver) _MG_0453

62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver) _MG_0458

62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver) _MG_0455

62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver) _MG_0457
    1963_econoline
    1963_econoline

Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2010-10-07

62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver) Empty Re: 62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver)

Post by 1963_econoline Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:13 pm

What! he's ganna crush THAT!? all it needs is a little spit shine and its ready to roll, LOL jk

62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver) Empty Re: 62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver)

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:46 am

I could really use that nose. Do you think he would cut it off and sell it to me? I also need that front bumper and the glove box door.
    Indian640
    Indian640

Number of posts : 256
    Registration date : 2010-06-27

Post by Indian640 Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 am

I would think someone could use that doghouse as well.....
    Magic Bus
    Magic Bus

Number of posts : 1422
    Registration date : 2009-12-02

Post by Magic Bus Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Looks like a good windshield? And a heater box? guage panel... lots of emblems and things....
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Number of posts : 2198
    Registration date : 2008-05-17

Post by EconoUSAparts Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:09 pm

ibuiltit wrote:I could really use that nose. Do you think he would cut it off and sell it to me? I also need that front bumper and the glove box door.

Send me a picture of the damage to the nose of yours. i may have a patch available here. Im sure I ve got a bumper also. I have a metal glove box door but Im missing one of the hinges and hoping I can locate it so I can sell it. I have LOTS of other parts if you need anything else.
    southern man
    southern man

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by southern man Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:28 pm

I've got an extra front bumper as well. I could really use any (nice condition) chrome trim screws from the dash (around the gauges) and the front headlight trim (including the ones that mount the vents 0 they screw in from the outside). I realize all of that stuff in the front might be gone already.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:19 pm

I noticed he listed this http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/1997077039.html
    I got the wiper motor, the driver door with all the glass, the complete steering column a bunch of patch pieces from the front wheel wells, and a bunch of other little stuff like the visor mounts for 70 bucks.
    If I have time tomorrow I might stop down there and grab the dash and gauges and the grill maybe some other stuff. If its not crushed yet.....

Post by Guest Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Oh no glovebox door, there is one headlight grill piece and the front (nose) is in good shape. The rear doghouse piece is dented beyond repair. I was going to cut a section of the floor out but its just too badly damaged from both the side impacts.
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:20 am

Is it a 67,if so get the dual master cylinder and pedal. 9 inch rear end maybe??? Even though the glove box door is gone,check for the latch. A lot of folks need it. Also the visor clips or any headliner clips.

Last edited by EconoUSAparts on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:16 pm

EconoUSAparts wrote:
    ibuiltit wrote:I could really use that nose. Do you think he would cut it off and sell it to me? I also need that front bumper and the glove box door.

Send me a picture of the damage to the nose of yours. i may have a patch available here. Im sure I ve got a bumper also. I have a metal glove box door but Im missing one of the hinges and hoping I can locate it so I can sell it. I have LOTS of other parts if you need anything else.

I need the nose, front and back bumpers, metal glove box door ( I have one that is padded if someone wants to trade) 9" rear end and Auto trans ( I'm putting a 302 crate motor in) Any help that you could give would be great. 62 Parts Van Getting crushed (Denver) Van_1014
    EconoUSAparts
    EconoUSAparts

Post by EconoUSAparts Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Well the front and back bumper on that 62 wouldnt be correct for yours since yours is at least a 65 model since it has the floor hump. They can be used however if you use the brackets from the 62 also but a 65 rear bumper should be straight,not bent like a 61-64 would have. Can you get by with a patch panel for the right side of the nose,just above the turn signal panel only? Lloks about 18 inches or so from the end is damaged would that be correct?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:06 am

EconoUSAparts wrote:Well the front and back bumper on that 62 wouldnt be correct for yours since yours is at least a 65 model since it has the floor hump. They can be used however if you use the brackets from the 62 also but a 65 rear bumper should be straight,not bent like a 61-64 would have. Can you get by with a patch panel for the right side of the nose,just above the turn signal panel only? Lloks about 18 inches or so from the end is damaged would that be correct?

Thanks for your help but I think I have this issue under control. I bought a 66 parts van. KLM

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:58 pm