VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

3 posters

This one was CRUSHED, stop and save them if you can..

Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

This one was CRUSHED, stop and save them if you can.. Empty This one was CRUSHED, stop and save them if you can..

Post by Scott Mon May 11, 2009 1:58 pm

I posted pictures of this one a while back but I can't find the old post.

This was a first generation Chevy I found about thirty minutes from my house. Every few months I'd drive by on my way to someplace else, but could never catch the guy. I figured I would wait till mine was out of the garage before I called because I wasnt ready to buy anyway.

Well, I drove by about four or five weeks ago and the place is cleaned out, all cars and van gone. I went ahead and called the number to see where it went. He was one of those people that can't wait to give bad news. He said it was gone, and I asked if someone had bought it. He said, nope, I had it crushed. Nobody was calling on my cars so I crushed them.

It still gets under my skin to think about it, knowing he probably only got a couple of hundred for the crushed value. It was kind of a tough lesson for me, but now I don't hesitate to knock on someones door when I see one wasting away.

This one was CRUSHED, stop and save them if you can.. Pictur12

This one was CRUSHED, stop and save them if you can.. 10-09-10
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

This one was CRUSHED, stop and save them if you can.. Empty Re: This one was CRUSHED, stop and save them if you can..

Post by G-Man Mon May 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Always sad new to hear we lost one for scrap Sad At least will lower scrap prices we are not losing as many. Last year with the high scrap prices a local yard crushed 3 econo's and one Dodge. Tryed to talk them in saving them, but they could only see the $$$
    hywaychild
    hywaychild

Number of posts : 389
    Registration date : 2008-05-27

This one was CRUSHED, stop and save them if you can.. Empty Re: This one was CRUSHED, stop and save them if you can..

Post by hywaychild Mon May 11, 2009 2:35 pm

ya i same here saw 8 fords and 1 dodge get crushed could not talk them out of it now it a junk yard and there kicking there butts for crushing them .some people just don't get it

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 3:10 pm

How much do they get to crush them for scrap? I was just wondering as it would be a good starting price to talk them out of it. Anybody Know?
    Scott
    Scott

Number of posts : 1651
    Registration date : 2008-05-20

Post by Scott Mon May 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Not sure,

I'm going to post another thread later, but I talked to a guy yesterday that has a 64 Econoline buried in grass next to his house. He sold the front and rear axle out from under it, along with the stearing column. The engine, transmission, doghouse, and dash gauge panal are gone too. Now its his shed. He is willing to sell it for the cost of replacing it with an actual shed, about $250 according to him, and for another $15 he will deliver it to my house.

For that price I'm actually thinking about buying as a shed for myslef. Think the wife will be suprised?

At least then I will have the option of parting it, or building it later.

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Thats funny, I'm going to look at a $300 econoline tomorrow and I told my lady if I can't find room for it I'll just get a crane to put it on the roof until I find the money to build it. I was joking but you should have seen the look I got!
    Seems like it would be worth more for these guys to post these things on sites like this and let them go for super cheap. I could be wrong but I don't think there is 4-500 dollars of scrap in an econoline.
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Mon May 11, 2009 4:27 pm

will todays low scrap prices I bet it's around $100 dollars if that. The real problem is they don't want to deal with something they have to wait for there money. Sorry to say it's just not our vans that are falling victim to this practice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 pm