VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

+17
VCVCSmiley
StuNami
Twinpilot001
m1dadio
jeepwrench
gkpost
benwah
DanTheVanMan
veefre
Vanish
sasktrini
donivan65
G-Man
southern man
jreese
VANagain
Admin
21 posters

Welcome to the new and improved Forum!

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Number of posts : 12220
    Registration date : 2008-05-12

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the new and improved Forum!

Post by donivan65 Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:17 pm

How about change the Forum/Original Forum headings to make things clearer?

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! - Page 2 New_ol10
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1731
    Registration date : 2008-05-01

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the new and improved Forum!

Post by Admin Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:45 pm

Done! Let's see if that helps Thanks Donivan... Very Happy

Some still want to register on our old forum anyway for all of the info and resources we've collected over there. New members who go there, I direct to the new forum AND activate their registration on the old one so they get the best of everything.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:24 pm

That will help make it clearer. I have run across people that came into the forum from a search and did not even know we had a home page with great information and gallerys. So we need to try and keep everyone up to date. And we can BUMP this picture up on the old forum to also let them know that we have moved on,,,,,,,

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! - Page 2 4_m10
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:39 am

Something is happening,,,,,all of Sundays posts have disappeared,,,,
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 am

I'm checking into it....
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:18 am

Here's what support says:

The loss of posts was due to server problems that occured last night. The most posts that have been made during the last ~24 hours had to be deleted and are, as the matters stand, not recoverable.

Really sorry for the big problems this downtime has caused, but the Technicians worked hard to get the forums back and to not loose even more posts.

sorry guys.... it is what it is.... technical SNAFU
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:31 am

There is a lot more missing,,,,,,
    veefre
    veefre

Number of posts : 424
    Registration date : 2008-09-10

Post by veefre Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:37 pm

OK, that explains why I couldn't see a lot of posts in the two threads I started.

Too bad, there was some good info in the replies.

Hope things settle down soon.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:12 pm

If you can't find something, try and post what you remember before we forget what was posted and it gets lost,,,,,I would just write TAKE 2 and ask the question again and we can jump right back in to redo the post.,,,,,
    veefre
    veefre

Number of posts : 424
    Registration date : 2008-09-10

Post by veefre Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Seems like the server problems are chronic... messages posted last Friday/Saturday have also disappeared... over in behind the g seats...
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! - Page 2 Empty Site looks great......

Post by DanTheVanMan Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:32 am

Real easy on the eyes and the contrast is so good I don't even need my glasses to read. That's cool. Thank you......

affraid

DanTheVanMan
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:51 am

Where the Hell is the Complaint Department????
    If you want to join up and go to MEMBERSHIP on the home page, it signs you up in the OLD FORUM ....There looks like a lot of lost souls wandering over there,,,,,
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:22 pm

What I want to know is what took YOU so long to find it and point it out?

Sheesh.... No wonder I keep having to email so many who register on the old forum to come to the new forum....

Thank you Donivan! I got it fixed now....
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:43 pm

I have been telling people that Vintage-Vans is the funnest place on earth and to sign up on it. Then they tell me it don't look like much fun is going on over there. But then, of course, they have signed up on the OLD FORUM. So I tried to sign up today to see why are they telling me this,,,,and there it was,,,,,,they are signed up in the DEAD ZONE,,,,,and they might find the NEW FORUM eventually,,,,,but not if takes some work,,,,,we want easy ,,,,,,we don't want to work,,,,or think,,,,,we only want fun,,,,,
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:50 pm

We may lose some infor , but I think we should drop the old forum and bring it back only if theres a problem here.
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:01 pm

but I like to go back there and reminisce about the good old days,,,,,,
    benwah
    benwah

Number of posts : 1135
    Registration date : 2008-07-05

Post by benwah Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:13 pm

i dont know are the towels kinda scratchy out there? Laughing
    donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:17 pm

Yep,,,,,,and kind of dirty,,,,,
    Vanish
    Vanish
    Admin

Number of posts : 5155
    Registration date : 2008-05-02

Post by Vanish Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:18 pm

I Will say we have been Mostly Problem free here !!!!!! I kinda Like our new Board !!!!! The old One would go Down a week at a time !!!!!!!

donivan65
    donivan65
    Governor
    Governor

Post by donivan65 Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:31 pm

But the deal is, if we don't show a little movement on it , they can shut it down and all our stuff goes away,,,,,,,so it's like on a trickle charger now to keep it charged up and running,,,,,,
    VANagain
    VANagain

Number of posts : 1046
    Registration date : 2008-05-16

Post by VANagain Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:12 pm

Hey, I was very impressed to see that this site is iPhone friendly. I was in the ATT store trying one out and I went to Vintage-Vans.com. It asked if I was using an iPhone and when I said yes, it reformatted everything to fit better on the screen and use the iPhone navigation. Pretty cool!!
    DanTheVanMan
    DanTheVanMan
    Commissioner
    Commissioner

Number of posts : 7900
    Registration date : 2008-10-08

Post by DanTheVanMan Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:38 am

That is cool! "Mobile Vintage-Vans.com" Very Happy

2004 Kawasaki KLR650
    1997 Jeep TJ Sport

My Mini Gallery

Welcome to the new and improved Forum! - Page 2 Qr_cod10

<-<-<- Cruising is not a "Point A to Point B" thing, but an "Everything in between thing!  <-<-<-
    gkpost
    gkpost

Number of posts : 224
    Registration date : 2010-10-16

Post by gkpost Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:14 pm

It's been great talkin to you all and thanks for the help what a great time its been . I hope I can be of some help to someone soon as I have found a 1st gen that the owner wants to scrap Ihave not seen it but it seems like a good lead I'm a 2nd gen owner and guest want to help if I can.
    jeepwrench
    jeepwrench

Number of posts : 89
    Registration date : 2010-02-02

Post by jeepwrench Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:27 am

Why can't I see attachments from the old forum? It says I am not logged in when I am in the new forum and my username is not recognized on the old one when I try to sign in. I want to see the pics and the posts not just the posts. Any suggestions, secret handshakes or passwords? Do I have to know somebody?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:26 am

The new forum and old forum do not recognize each other as far as the members go. They are 2 completely seperate forums hosted by different servers. You would have to register on the old forum and wait on me to activate it....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:38 pm