VintAGE-Vans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER.... A's, G's & E's

5 posters

The H.A.M.B. forum

Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

Number of posts : 255
    Registration date : 2008-06-17

The H.A.M.B. forum Empty The H.A.M.B. forum

Post by Hemi A-100 Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Hey guys, I just signed up for this forum and see there are alot of talk of A-100's, Econolines, GM's etc etc. I have found some really cool pics on here today. Just thought I would pass it on.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/
    gp70
    gp70

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

The H.A.M.B. forum Empty Re: The H.A.M.B. forum

Post by gp70 Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:53 pm

I agree Mike, been frequenting the site for over a year now. Lots of great drawings, rat rods, airbrushed stuff and more. I get a little lost at the site every now and then, too much to see !
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:32 pm

Never been to that site before Very Cool !!!
    virtual
    virtual

Number of posts : 257
    Registration date : 2008-05-21

Post by virtual Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:58 am

Been checking that site out for a while now on a daily basis. Was going to post the coverage of Norwalk from there with Hemi's A100 on it but he beat me to it. The site has convinced me that the ultimate hot rod early van has not been built yet.
    There is an occasional post about vans there, they seem to tolerate earlies but try not to go overboard if you do post.
    The Friday art show is a must see if you like car/truck/van drawings. Some of the best automotive artists show their work on there every Friday.
    gp70
    gp70

Number of posts : 162
    Registration date : 2008-05-22

Post by gp70 Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:16 am

"The Friday art show is a must see if you like car/truck/van drawings. Some of the best automotive artists show their work on there every Friday."

Honestly Virtual, thats exactly where most of my time is spent when I'm at their site !
    Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

Post by Hemi A-100 Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:45 am

I sat down and did some reading of some threads and man I can't believe the idiots on that forum. There was a guy who posted pics of his Pro Street Econoline and man the crap people were posting about it was awful!!! One guy flat out said the guy sucked and that he hated his truck.... Man talk about disrespect. I understand that alot of the guys on there like to call themselves "traditional Hot Rodders" but with attitudes like that they need to call themselves "traditional assholes". Those guys have a hate on for Pro Street vehicles.. I don't know why they wouldn't dig all styles of hot rods but hey whatever. Makes me wanna post some pics of my "Pro Streeter" on there just to start some crap. hahahah. Those guys need to buy an Early and Mellow out. hahahah.
    back2thewoods
    back2thewoods

Number of posts : 842
    Registration date : 2008-05-26

Post by back2thewoods Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:14 pm

lets swamp them with some earlies!!!! my van smoked a mustang the other nite!!!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:50 pm

Hemi A-100 wrote:I sat down and did some reading of some threads and man I can't believe the idiots on that forum. There was a guy who posted pics of his Pro Street Econoline and man the crap people were posting about it was awful!!! One guy flat out said the guy sucked and that he hated his truck.... Man talk about disrespect. I understand that alot of the guys on there like to call themselves "traditional Hot Rodders" but with attitudes like that they need to call themselves "traditional assholes". Those guys have a hate on for Pro Street vehicles.. I don't know why they wouldn't dig all styles of hot rods but hey whatever. Makes me wanna post some pics of my "Pro Streeter" on there just to start some crap. hahahah. Those guys need to buy an Early and Mellow out. hahahah.

Sorry, I'm new here since I juust bought my '64 Econoline. The thing you have to remember about the HAMB is it's strictly a Traditional Rod and Custom site. I doubt there's a better wealth of knowledge on any site and the help that I've seen has been nothing short of amazing. I will agree with you, we do get ruthless with some of the subjects and some take it a bit overboard, but for the most part, it's good guys and there's not a question out there that they can't answer. Just beware, keep it on topic if you're going there,
    G-Man
    G-Man
    Mayor
    Mayor

Number of posts : 30743
    Registration date : 2008-05-06

Post by G-Man Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:17 pm

Gas Huffer, We might not be used to people acting that way because Vanner's aren't that way. We have people stop in here that have newer vans and not early's and we always welcome them.
    Hemi A-100
    Hemi A-100

Post by Hemi A-100 Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:44 pm

I just can't get my head around the idea of ripping on someone the way some of them do... I would like to think that someone would have something better to do with their lives then to do this. I understand that it is a Traditional Rod and Custom site but they seem to have open arms for gassers and such and even though I consider my A-100 a Pro Streeter it has way more in common with the old gassers then some dudes tail dragger or traditional or rat or whatever. But all that aside I just don't get the attitudes of some of them, like they are the be all and end all of hot rodding... give me a brake. I guess that is why I enjoy this forum so much there is no B.S. and everyone is nice and encouraging with one another.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:22 pm